What's Your Take On Rutgers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Your Take On Rutgers?

Nick is God said:
Oh, you sold me then.

I responded to your opinion. If you would like to debate the opinions on merits, feel free to add yours.

Until then, this is as much spoon feeding as i do :wink:

The Big East is the third strongest Conference in College Football

The SEC is undoubtedly the hardest with so many teams that are solid.
The Big 10 is 2nd because of 3 good teams (OSU, UM, Wisconsin) and a few more decent teams like Iowa, Penn State, and Purdue
The Big East is 3rd. West Virginia is awesome. Louisville and Rutgers are very good teams. South Florida and Pitt are decent teams that would give most good teams a run for their money. Cincy is OK and UConn and Syracuse suck.

MoFinz said:
I responded to your opinion. If you would like to debate the opinions on merits, feel free to add yours.

Until then, this is as much spoon feeding as i do :wink:

Uh yeah, I think I did when you said they weren't title contenders with this:

If they run the table and beat a VERY good West Virgina team in Morgentown(they are)

Explain to me how a Big East team goes 12-0 while beating two top ten teams and having one of the best defenses in the country and future NFL stars in Rice and Leonard - arguably the best running tandem in America - is NOT a title contender?

Big East is the 3rd best conference this year.

You can only knock it so much but then the numbers don't lie. They might end the regular season and postseason with 3 teams in the Top 10. I mean, that isn't a mistake.

Maybe they dont' get a team in the final game. Ok, fair enough. But if anything the Big East is better than the ACC or Big 12 this year.

my take:

really good team.
really great story.
one of the best coaches in football.
could compete with anyone in college football. ANYONE.
ray rice is a legitimate heisman candidate.
once teel gets more experience....look out!

UF Fin Kat said:
my take:

really good team.
really great story.
one of the best coaches in football.
could compete with anyone in college football. ANYONE.
ray rice is a legitimate heisman candidate.
once teel gets more experience....look out!

i agree with that. I think they can compete with anyone, but their are a bunch of teams I can't see them beating, although their defense and Rice would keep it close.

NJPHIN34 said:
Just curious what your opinions on Rutgers are right now? I personally think they deserve to be ranked at least 5th and maybe 4th, with OSU, Mich, and USC ahead of them. RU's defense is good enough to hang with anyone in the country including OSU. Although their offense could be better and in my opinion is the only thing holding them back. But it is BS that history and tradition play a factor in the rankings. Stop living in the past, Rutgers has arrived. Last year was the turning point.

What's your take and where do you think RU deserves to be?

in the top 10 for now. but i think the sec is HUGLEY over rated it makes me sick. I hate how all the media is saying ''oh the sec is such a hard division'' are you serious. You got alabama losing to miss st, you got georgia losing to kentucky, you got vandy beating georgia, you got georgia beating auburn, you got auburn losing to ark. the big east is just as good as the sec. look out for cincy next year. the big 10 is the hardest division.

primetime23 said:
in the top 10 for now. but i think the sec is HUGLEY over rated it makes me sick. I hate how all the media is saying ''oh the sec is such a hard division'' are you serious. You got alabama losing to miss st, you got georgia losing to kentucky, you got vandy beating georgia, you got georgia beating auburn, you got auburn losing to ark. the big east is just as good as the sec. look out for cincy next year. the big 10 is the hardest division.

:lol: Based on what?

MikeO said:
Big East is the 3rd best conference this year.

You can only knock it so much but then the numbers don't lie. They might end the regular season and postseason with 3 teams in the Top 10. I mean, that isn't a mistake.

Maybe they dont' get a team in the final game. Ok, fair enough. But if anything the Big East is better than the ACC or Big 12 this year.

The BE has 3 good teams, all have 1 or no losses b/c of the creampuff scheds they face. They are not the 3rd best Conf. You want to say they are better than the ACC this year? ok I'll buy it but that's not really a compliment. The Big 10, Big 12, PAC 10, SEC are all better and those are the only other big conf's besides the ACC.

HysterikiLL said:
i agree with that. I think they can compete with anyone, but their are a bunch of teams I can't see them beating, although their defense and Rice would keep it close.
i agree. people always use that "well, could they beat ohio state?? well then they don't belong in the championship game!" it's not about who they can BEAT, it's about who they can COMPETE with. and as far as i'm concerned, they can stay on the field for 4 quarters with anyone in the country.

Nick is God said:
Uh yeah, I think I did when you said they weren't title contenders with this:

Explain to me how a Big East team goes 12-0 while beating two top ten teams and having one of the best defenses in the country and future NFL stars in Rice and Leonard - arguably the best running tandem in America - is NOT a title contender?

I look at the caliber of the opposition. WVU is good, but not in the top 3 in the SEC or Big 10. They might be top 4 in Pac 10 or ACC. They have the luxury of a weaker schedule and not the threat of a dogfight every Saturday. If they beat WVU, i say great, let them play ND in the Sugar Bowl......if they can legitimize themselves there then i may be a believer. I dont see them competing with OSU, Michigan, Florida, USC or Texas.

Like i said, feel good story. But not enough horse to win the Derby.

MoFinz said:
I look at the caliber of the opposition. WVU is good, but not in the top 3 in the SEC or Big 10. They might be top 4 in Pac 10 or ACC. They have the luxury of a weaker schedule and not the threat of a dogfight every Saturday. If they beat WVU, i say great, let them play ND in the Sugar Bowl......if they can legitimize themselves there then i may be a believer. I dont see them competing with OSU, Michigan, Florida, USC or Texas.

Wow, never mind man, if you don't think WVU is not that good, I honestly don't know what to tell ya.

It's a shame people continually to knock the Big East like this, it is what is all wrong with College football today.

Nick is God said:
Wow, never mind man, if you don't think WVU is not that good, I honestly don't know what to tell ya.

It's a shame people continually to knock the Big East like this, it is what is all wrong with College football today.

maybe if the BE teams would play tough non-conf scheds it would be different. WVU, UL and RU are all GOOD teams but none are real top 10 teams. They are products of weak scheds.

nyjunc said:
maybe if the BE teams would play tough non-conf scheds it would be different. WVU, UL and RU are all GOOD teams but none are real top 10 teams. They are products of weak scheds.

:shakeno:

And it continues....

Back
Top Bottom