What's Your Take On Rutgers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Your Take On Rutgers?

Sorry, I just have to repsond to this thread. I don't normally ever post but the Big East haters are off the mark.

You say the big east doesn't deserve to have any top ten teams because of a weak OOC schedule. Ok, fair enough, but when you say that the SEC is so much better than the big east it leaves me scratching my head.

What teams have the top teams in the SEC played OOC? Thats right no one. They have no quality wins out of conference either. They just all beat up on each other. Right? So whats different between the Top SEC teams losing to others in the SEC (and still being really good and more deserving of their rankings than Beast teams) and Top Big East Teams losing to Top Big east teams?

At least the top teams in the big east didn't lose to unranked nobodies, like other teams (USC,CAL, Auburn, etc).

You guys need give it a break. Come talk about how the Big east isn't deserving after the bowl games. Then we'll see if your arguments have a leg to stand on. As of right now they don't, and you're all playing the part of the homers.

I dont see how ANYONE thinks the Big East is a good conference

The teams they played out of conference have an average record of 4-7 and they just beat up on eachother within conference.

I think Rutgers belongs in the top 10 and ahead of all the two loss teams, but I cant say I think they are a top 5 team

Alex44 said:
I dont see how ANYONE thinks the Big East is a good conference

The teams they played out of conference have an average record of 4-7 and they just beat up on eachother within conference.

I think Rutgers belongs in the top 10 and ahead of all the two loss teams, but I cant say I think they are a top 5 team

AND..............according to the computers (not the bcs poll), Rutgers is ranked #2 and ahead of Ohio St.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls?poll=4&date=2006-11-12)

I know its more fun to just trash the big east, but bottom line is the numbers don't lie!

Nick is God said:
Wow, never mind man, if you don't think WVU is not that good, I honestly don't know what to tell ya.

It's a shame people continually to knock the Big East like this, it is what is all wrong with College football today.

Opinions are like corvettes, every A-hole gets one. You can disagree with me all you like, but much like 10 years ago when Major Harris led the mountaineers to an undefeated regular season only to get their butts handed to them in the bowl game, records are fine, but dont tell me a 10-0 Division III team is better than a 2-6 Purdue team, simply because they are undefeated doesnt tell the whole story.

I dont expect you to understand, and never have i said i didnt think Rutgers UL and WVU arent fine teams with fine stories. They just arent as battle tested as a SEC or Big10 team

MoFinz said:
but dont tell me a 10-0 Division III team is better than a 2-6 Purdue team, simply because they are undefeated doesnt tell the whole story.
:shakeno: the big east is a BCS conference!!! i don't get how people think the big east is SOOO inferior to every other conference. are they weaker? YES. are they THAT much weaker? NO. they have great coaching throughout the conference, which means they can get really good recruits, which means they can play with ANYone in the country.

MoFinz said:
Opinions are like corvettes, every A-hole gets one. You can disagree with me all you like, but much like 10 years ago when Major Harris led the mountaineers to an undefeated regular season only to get their butts handed to them in the bowl game, records are fine, but dont tell me a 10-0 Division III team is better than a 2-6 Purdue team, simply because they are undefeated doesnt tell the whole story.

Oh geez, that's rich.....:sidelol:

MoFinz said:
I dont expect you to understand, and never have i said i didnt think Rutgers UL and WVU arent fine teams with fine stories. They just arent as battle tested as a SEC or Big10 team

Me understand?? Your the one comparing RU to a Division III team, enough said there.

Nick is God said:
Oh geez, that's rich.....:sidelol:

Me understand?? Your the one comparing RU to a Division III team, enough said there.

See. i told you you wouldnt understand. I compared the perfect season, not the teams. But thanks for trying anyway :lol:

Fine then, i'll take your logic to the next step then.....

Boise State 12-0

Vs.

Rutgers 12-0

For the 2006 National Title.

Yeah.....thats the 2 best in the nation, because they both went 12-0 and qualified for BCS games.

Seriously....think that through before you repost. You can no more disqualify Boise State if they win out than you can Rutgers. But youre going to tell me theyre the 2 best teams in the country?

Puhleeeze:rolleyes:

MoFinz said:
See. i told you you wouldnt understand. I compared the perfect season, not the teams. But thanks for trying anyway :lol:

Understand what? Your pompous view on how we should rank teams?

MoFinz said:

Boise State 12-0

Vs.

Rutgers 12-0

Yeah.....thats the 2 best in the nation, because they both went 12-0 and qualified for BCS games.

Seriously....think that through before you repost. You can no more disqualify Boise State if they win out than you can Rutgers. But youre going to tell me theyre the 2 best teams in the country?

First off, you need to follow our conversation here better, I have NEVER claimed that Rutgers should be in the title game or is the best in the country for that matter, I have said - and backed it up - that Rutgers is a title contender if they run the table, all you can throw out there is "Oh, the Big East and their schedule sucks!" crap as if that is all they judge teams on.

Get a clue man, seriously.

As far as Boise St. I haven't seen them play yet but if I do you can rest assure I will have a much open mind than yours on if they are title contenders or not if they finish undefeated.

But go ahead, preach to me again as if you know it all.

MoFinz said:

Boise State 12-0

Vs.

Rutgers 12-0

Big East = BCS Conference
WAC = Mid-major Conferene

But I'm sure you don't see a difference there.

I'm not saying that Rutgers SHOULD be in the NC game yet.....but I will always argue with those who pretend to know they don't belong already.

burger13 said:
Big East = BCS Conference
WAC = Mid-major Conferene

But I'm sure you don't see a difference there.

I'm not sayint that Rutgers SHOULD be in the NC game yet.....but I will always argue with those who pretend to know they do't belong already.

Hey man, you just don't understand! The Big East sucks!

Nukulus said:
What teams have the top teams in the SEC played OOC? Thats right no one. They have no quality wins out of conference either. They just all beat up on each other. Right? So whats different between the Top SEC teams losing to others in the SEC (and still being really good and more deserving of their rankings than Beast teams) and Top Big East Teams losing to Top Big east teams?
UTenn over Cal...oh well, you tried at least

Cuban Dave 9 said:
UTenn over Cal...oh well, you tried at least

If Cal loses to USC, then they have 3 losses and how quality are they?

Back
Top Bottom