What's Your Take On Rutgers? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Your Take On Rutgers?

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Hey, before this weekend, people were talking about them going to the NC if they beat USC

And before last Thursday, people were talking about Louisville going to the NC WHEN they beat Rutgers. What people were talking about doesn't really mean too much in the end, does it?

Nick is God said:
Wow you really are clueless if you think you found flaws in my arguement.

And oh, welcome to my ignore list.

The last resort of the toothless argument.

Farewell :lol:

Nick is God said:
It's just best to put ignorant people like MoFinz on your Ignore List, they are not worth your time man.

Said the man who....put me on ignore:sidelol:

burger13 said:
And before last Thursday, people were talking about Louisville going to the NC WHEN they beat Rutgers. What people were talking about doesn't really mean too much in the end, does it?

No, no it doesn't man.

It is a shame people in sports of all places are as close-minded and obtuse when it comes to how good teams are instead of relying on something like an old crutch the way people have here with the schedule, if you see arguments based soley on that, just pay them no attention, they are probably the same yahoos who have their ***** so deep into Fantasy sports that they can't judge a player or team by their cover and instead take the easy way out and rely on stats and such.

I miss the good ole days when folks use to actually watch a team play to determine how good they are.

burger13 said:
Hey man, I am just defending the SEC like you are defending the Big East...I never put the Big East down...I think they have made a better case for being in the BCS than the ACC

Alex44 said:
I dont see how ANYONE thinks the Big East is a good conference

The teams they played out of conference have an average record of 4-7 and they just beat up on eachother within conference.

I think Rutgers belongs in the top 10 and ahead of all the two loss teams, but I cant say I think they are a top 5 team

Some of you confuse me. Half of you say the BE sucks because of the out of conference schedule, while others say the BE sucks due to the teams in their conference. Which is it?

And if a team is to run the table and go undefeated, how do you fault them for their conference schedule? Is it because you don't know a lot about the teams in the conference (USF, UCONN maybe)? Some of which are playing good football (Cincy, USF). Stop with the politics. Just because you don't know a lot about a team doesn't make them inferior. And just because you do know a lot about a team, due to their history, doesnt make that team superior.

College football is just a members only club and hesitant to let new members in over less heralded members. This is why some sort of playoff needs to be developed. But we shall see what happens come BCS bowl time, when Rutgers just keeps chopping!!

NJPHIN34 said:
And if a team is to run the table and go undefeated, how do you fault them for their conference schedule? Is it because you don't know a lot about the teams in the conference (USF, UCONN maybe)? Some of which are playing good football (Cincy, USF). Stop with the politics. Just because you don't know a lot about a team doesn't make them inferior. And just because you do know a lot about a team, due to their history, doesnt make that team superior.

You know I don't think I could have said that any better man, nicely done.

Seeing how Rutgers fans are getting so bent out of shape about how some fans of college football doubt Rutgers' deserving of NC consideration, I have a question.

I'd be interested to hear if the Rutgers fans would offer the arguments used in favor of their team to the Boise State cause.

Are they deserving of a Natl. Championship bid as well?

Should we all consider Boise State a National championship based on their perfect record alone?

More importantly, how do you Rutgers fans view Boise State?
Do you take them seriously or do you feel deep down that they are a bit overrated?

Trekbiz said:
Seeing how Rutgers fans are getting so bent out of shape about how some fans of college football doubt Rutgers' deserving of NC consideration, I have a question.

I'd be interested to hear if the Rutgers fans would offer the arguments used in favor of their team to the Boise State cause.

Should we all consider Boise State a National championship based on their perfect record alone?

Do you take them seriously or do you feel deep down that they are a bit overrated?

Boise State hasn't even beaten a ranked team.

mjwenz said:
Boise State hasn't even beaten a ranked team.

Neither had RU until last week but RU fans were whining they were ranked too low.

Some of you confuse me. Half of you say the BE sucks because of the out of conference schedule, while others say the BE sucks due to the teams in their conference. Which is it?

It's both.

And if a team is to run the table and go undefeated, how do you fault them for their conference schedule? Is it because you don't know a lot about the teams in the conference (USF, UCONN maybe)? Some of which are playing good football (Cincy, USF).

Comcy is playing well lately? They got crushed by WVU last game and prior to that they beat USF and SU- not exactly juggernauts. They beat Akron by just 6 and got crushed by Pitt. Their big win of th year is over USF.

As for USF, they are playing good football? It must be the big wins over "great" SU and Pitt teams that have you convinced. This is a team that won by a point over Fla Int'l and their big win of the year is over a Pitt team that has lost 3 in a row.

The BE stinks, they look better b/c they have 3 pretty good teams but those teams are feeding off the rest of the conf which is abysmal. Any halfway decent team would have at most 1 loss w/ the scheds the top 3 have played and all would have at least 2-3 loss if they played an SEC sched.

Trekbiz said:

Sure, why wouldn't we consider them title contenders?

nyjunc said:
As for USF, they are playing good football? It must be the big wins over "great" SU and Pitt teams that have you convinced. This is a team that won by a point over Fla Int'l and their big win of the year is over a Pitt team that has lost 3 in a row.
blah blah blah, you've never seen USF play. they are so much better now than against FIU, when matt grothe was making his first start as a freshman, and the team had tons of suspensions and injuries.

and on a big east scheduling note....USF will play @ Auburn next year. and they will win handily. :D

UF Fin Kat said:
blah blah blah, you've never seen USF play. they are so much better now than against FIU, when matt grothe was making his first start as a freshman, and the team had tons of suspensions and injuries.

and on a big east scheduling note....USF will play @ Auburn next year. and they will win handily. :D

Yep they are great now:rolleyes2 They did beat up a great SU team and a Pitt teamt hat's been playing amazing football the past month:lol: Any way you slice it the BE is terrible after the top 3 and the top 3 have lived off beating up those bad teams.

UF Fin Kat said:
they beat them, didn't they? can't ask for more than that.

They beat bad teams, that makes USF good? Give me one decent team they have beaten?

Back
Top Bottom