What's Your Take On Rutgers? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Your Take On Rutgers?

MikeO said:
AND..............according to the computers (not the bcs poll), Rutgers is ranked #2 and ahead of Ohio St.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls?poll=4&date=2006-11-12)

I know its more fun to just trash the big east, but bottom line is the numbers don't lie!
:lol:
Mike, Mike, Mike...

When will you learn? You can't simply use facts to back up an argument against the "the-Big-Eas(y)-sucks-and-don't-deserve-consideration-because-they-don't-play-anyone" crowd. That would shatter the comfy little world that they have created for themselves. My God, can you think of the staggering number of Bulldog fans who committed hari-kari after the Sugar Bowl last year. It's much more convenient for them to believe that NO Big East team deserves to be ranked ahead of their beloved (insert team here) when it comes to who should play in which bowl game.

If Rutgers remains undefeated, and doesn't go the national championship game, then there is something REALLY wrong with the BCS...and this coming from someone who thinks the Big East is absolute garbage.

i think rutgers can get in. the computers really love them. all it would take is a USC loss to cal, a notre dame loss to USC, and arkansas beating UF. all VERY possible. of course, they have to worry about cincinnati and WVU first...

UF Fin Kat said:
i think rutgers can get in. the computers really love them. all it would take is a USC loss to cal, a notre dame loss to USC, and arkansas beating UF. all VERY possible. of course, they have to worry about cincinnati and WVU first...

I could easily see them blow it against Cincy, this is what you call a bigtime trap game, that would be a bloody shame if they don't win after the week they had.

UF Fin Kat said:
i dunno, i think schiano is just too good of a coach to let that happen.

You might be right there, you can bet it will make every effort to make sure they don't let down and he's VERY good at getting his message across to this team.

Either way this weeks game will be tough, win or lose.

I've gotta say, I'm quite impressed with this Rutgers team. (Did I just say that out loud? :lol: )
At the start of the season, I knew that they would continue to improve ... but to expect this? Shutting Louisville's potent offense completely down in the second half. WOW! Somehow, I didn't really expect a real battle at season's end this year. Now, I'm happy we face them at home.

Big Props. Ignore the haters, the Big East IS a real conference!

UF Fin Kat said:

You don't see a problem w/ the computers having RU so high when they have beatne ONE quality opponent and have struggled w/ some medicore to bad teams?

Cuban Dave 9 said:
UL last year

If we were talking about last year you'd have a point.

nyjunc said:
You don't see a problem w/ the computers having RU so high when they have beatne ONE quality opponent and have struggled w/ some medicore to bad teams?
hmmmmmmm no.

UF Fin Kat said:
hmmmmmmm no.

That's why College Football is a joke. You can play 1 maybe 2 tough games all year then play for a title over a team that might lsoe a game or 2 that played a much tougher sched and proved themselves.

nyjunc said:
That's why College Football is a joke. You can play 1 maybe 2 tough games all year then play for a title over a team that might lsoe a game or 2 that played a much tougher sched and proved themselves.

I don't need a stinkin' schedule to tell if a team is legit or not, watching them play usually works for me.

Nick is God said:
I don't need a stinkin' schedule to tell if a team is legit or not, watching them play usually works for me.
:yeahthat:

that's the problem. the people who CONSTANTLY break down the schedule to a ridiculous degree don't actually watch the teams play.

Back
Top Bottom