What's Your Take On Rutgers? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Your Take On Rutgers?

Nukulus said:
Sorry, I just have to repsond to this thread. I don't normally ever post but the Big East haters are off the mark.

You say the big east doesn't deserve to have any top ten teams because of a weak OOC schedule. Ok, fair enough, but when you say that the SEC is so much better than the big east it leaves me scratching my head.

What teams have the top teams in the SEC played OOC? Thats right no one. They have no quality wins out of conference either. They just all beat up on each other. Right? So whats different between the Top SEC teams losing to others in the SEC (and still being really good and more deserving of their rankings than Beast teams) and Top Big East Teams losing to Top Big east teams?

At least the top teams in the big east didn't lose to unranked nobodies, like other teams (USC,CAL, Auburn, etc).

You guys need give it a break. Come talk about how the Big east isn't deserving after the bowl games. Then we'll see if your arguments have a leg to stand on. As of right now they don't, and you're all playing the part of the homers.

The SEC has quality in their conf, the BE has 3 food teams while the SEC has 6 or 7. It makes games each week alot more difficult, they aren't playing 1-2 tough games they are plying 3-4- that's a HUGE difference.

MikeO said:
AND..............according to the computers (not the bcs poll), Rutgers is ranked #2 and ahead of Ohio St.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls?poll=4&date=2006-11-12)

I know its more fun to just trash the big east, but bottom line is the numbers don't lie!

We all trust those computers:rolleyes:

MikeO said:
If Cal loses to USC, then they have 3 losses and how quality are they?

These teams play more than 1-2 tough games a year-it makes it alto harder to have zero or 1 loss.

if cal had RU'ss ched they'd be unbeaten, if RU had Cal's sched they'd have 3 or more losses.

Nick is God said:
Understand what? Your pompous view on how we should rank teams?

First off, you need to follow our conversation here better, I have NEVER claimed that Rutgers should be in the title game or is the best in the country for that matter, I have said - and backed it up - that Rutgers is a title contender if they run the table, all you can throw out there is "Oh, the Big East and their schedule sucks!" crap as if that is all they judge teams on.

Get a clue man, seriously.

As far as Boise St. I haven't seen them play yet but if I do you can rest assure I will have a much open mind than yours on if they are title contenders or not if they finish undefeated.

But go ahead, preach to me again as if you know it all.

My, dont we get testy. OK, you want to make it personal simply because i exposed the flaws in your argument, youre dismissed.

Have a nice day, enjoy your "title contender" :sidelol:

burger13 said:
Big East = BCS Conference
WAC = Mid-major Conferene

But I'm sure you don't see a difference there.

I'm not saying that Rutgers SHOULD be in the NC game yet.....but I will always argue with those who pretend to know they don't belong already.

Boise State does get a BCS bid if it runs the table, thats guaranteed.

Next? Or did you just want to slam when you really dont get the analogies too? :lol:

MoFinz said:

Next? Or did you just want to slam when you really dont get the analogies too? :lol:
actually it's not "guaranteed" at all. whoever wins the big east IS guaranteed a spot in a BCS game however, whether they finish in the top 25 or even have a winning record. the ONLY shot any WAC team has is to go undefeated. otherwise? NO chance.

MoFinz said:
My, dont we get testy. OK, you want to make it personal simply because i exposed the flaws in your argument, youre dismissed.

Have a nice day, enjoy your "title contender" :sidelol:

Wow you really are clueless if you think you found flaws in my arguement.

And oh, welcome to my ignore list.

UF Fin Kat said:
actually it's not "guaranteed" at all. whoever wins the big east IS guaranteed a spot in a BCS game however, whether they finish in the top 25 or even have a winning record. the ONLY shot any WAC team has is to go undefeated. otherwise? NO chance.

[admin] Personal attacks are not permitted [/admin]

UTenn over Cal...oh well, you tried at least

Yea because Cal is so good, being 9-2. I can disregard this "quality win" just as easily as you SEC homers can disregard West Virginia's win over Maryland. It goes both ways. Like I said, if the big east plays it's bowl games and loses, then you all can talk about how overrated we were. Until then you don't even have an argument.

Nukulus said:
Yea because Cal is so good, being 9-2. I can disregard this "quality win" just as easily as you SEC homers can disregard West Virginia's win over Maryland. It goes both ways. Like I said, if the big east plays it's bowl games and loses, then you all can talk about how overrated we were. Until then you don't even have an argument.

Bowl games aren't always true indicators as some tams are mad about the bowls they play in and don't give full effort while other schools are so happy to be there they treat like a title game. The bottom line is none of the top 3 BE schools played anyone outside their conf and the only decent teams each will play are the other 2. UL tried by scheudling Miami but fortunately and unfortunately Miami stinks this year(unfortuntaely b/c they beat a bad UM team but fortunate b/c if it was a typical UM team they would have killed UL).

MoFinz said:

So, you are telling me that the WAC is a BCS Conference like the Big East?? They're champion gets an automatic bid to a BCS Bowl?

No. I didn't think so.

Boise State will LIKELY get an at-large bid to a BCS Bowl if they run the table.

Rutger WILL get a BCS Bowl if they run the table.

Undefeated in ANY BCS conference is more impressive than undefeated in the WAC. If Rutgers wins out, they will have betean 2 teams that were ranked as high as #3 in the nation. Who has Boise St beaten to even be in that conversation?

burger13 said:
So, you are telling me that the WAC is a BCS Conference like the Big East?? They're champion gets an automatic bid to a BCS Bowl?

No. I didn't think so.

Boise State will LIKELY get an at-large bid to a BCS Bowl if they run the table.

Rutger WILL get a BCS Bowl if they run the table.

Undefeated in ANY BCS conference is more impressive than undefeated in the WAC. If Rutgers wins out, they will have betean 2 teams that were ranked as high as #3 in the nation. Who has Boise St beaten to even be in that conversation?

The BE w/o Miami and Va tech(the way they used to be) is no better than the WAC. They are a glorified WAC right now.

So basically the big east teams no matter how well they do, they will suck in your eyes.

If the Big East Champ goes to a BCS bowl and stomps on their opponent (SEC, Big12,ACC, At large, etc) it won't matter because they will have only won because the other team doesn't care and isn't hyped about it.

You are pathetic with you hatred of the Big East. If a big east team won the national title they would probably still suck (to you homers) and it will just have been a fluke.

I truly hate arguing with ******s that use ****** logic like:

The bottom line is none of the top 3 BE schools played anyone outside their conf and the only decent teams each will play are the other 2. UL tried by scheudling Miami but fortunately and unfortunately Miami stinks this year(unfortuntaely b/c they beat a bad UM team but fortunate b/c if it was a typical UM team they would have killed UL).

Thats why they play the game. No one expected Auburn, USC, or Texas to lose but it happened. No one really expected Rutgers to be 9-0 while defeating Louisville. If every game went the way people expected it to, why would they play?

Nukulus said:
Hey, before this weekend, people were talking about them going to the NC if they beat USC

Back
Top Bottom