When Jeff Ireland is Fired I Will...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by miamifin12345, Sep 4, 2012.

1. miamifin12345

miamifin12345 Active Member

I am the biggest Dolphin fan I have ever met...

I have bled this team for ages...

We have not been a winning franchise since Wandstead and Jay Fiedler, I can't believe I miss those days....

I will be the happiest old man on the block when they finally bring a qualified person to run this team...

I have money but I wish I had the kind of money to buy this team because I swear I would.

No one will be able to give me the last 4 years back what a disaster.

So I am saying it right now, I am not the kind of person who finds pleasure in other's misfortunes. But when that un-qualified loser finally leaves this team I have swore to family that I am buying a 1986 Ferrari Testarossa...

I am putting it down in a social contract so my kids have something to hold against me.

What will you do when the baylor kicker finally goes?? No wonder they loved kicking FGs so much!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I mean dammit we're talking about a team that until the trifecta had arrived had never had back to back losing seasons!!!!!!!!!!

2. cuban_refugee

cuban_refugee Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

But, what would you say if Ireland is fired and Tannehill ends up being a super-star? Would you want him back?

3. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

You have to admit that 2008 was pure magic given the 1-15 season to 11-5 division champs...sadly that was the high point of Ireland/Parcells/Sparano. It was all down hill from there and we're still headed downhill thanks to the lack of talent on this team. I know what those Lions fans felt like as Matt Millen dismantled their roster pick by pick in the draft culminating in 0-16.

4. miamifin12345

The Tannehill pick was correctly predicted by almost every "expert" in the league... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

5. MAYHEM

MAYHEM Like me

I dont think Ireland picked Tannehill, I think Philbin did..

6. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

Everyone was laughing at the people who said the dolphins would pick Tannehill before April. Then we found out there was actually interest in him and then all of a sudden he's the "experts" pick.

7. miamifin12345

I like Tanne I want him to be a superstar. But he wont be with Ireland crafting the roster. Its the worst NFL roster in ages. Switching to the 4-3 has devastated our defense as well.

8. cuban_refugee

Most of those "experts" shake each others jocks and just copy and paste. I'll give the edge to Ireland for actually scouting this kid for 2-3 yrs and pulling the trigger.

9. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

I stopped reading here.

Wanny is the reason we started this downward spiral. We have yet to recover from the ****hole he dug us into. :bobdole:

10. cuban_refugee

You realize we haven't even played a regular season game yet......right?

11. ricky williams

ricky williams peace lover

my 1st attempt to somewhat defend ireland. i look at most of the gm's in the league and see that the draft is pretty much a crap shoot. even good gm's mess up picks all the time. what has bb done w/ all those draft picks.. bobby beathard the genius of washingtion sucked sd. bill polian the last few years has been subpar. then i look at what we could have such as spielman or mueller. i like what ireland hasn't done just as much as what he has. he didn't overpay for orton w/ fans screaming, didn't reach for flynn, and didn't give up draft picks for rt when everyone was screaming he had to move up. he is building through the draft w/ people screaming for his head when he could easily reach to save his job. would we win a superbowl w/ marshall or vonte, no..... ireland has built a ton of cap for next year and building in the future. also wake and bess were pretty much free

12. Milksteak

Milksteak Well-Known Member

Based off what? We haven't played a season game yet and with all our starters.

13. miamifin12345

I don't disagree with this. But the fact is that he left here with a winning record. @ .575 its actually higher than Shula not that the two can be compared. My point is we werent the laughing stock of the league and the cellar dwellers back then. Now we are just the tampa bay bucs, the lions, the crap of the nfl...

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

did you see our OLB play? we ar enot built for a 4-3 soliai and starks are good 4-3 DTs every one else belongs in a 3-4

14. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

I'm on board with the Tannehill pick, although I would have preferred he sit for a year and they would have gotten him someone to throw to but the experts also picked Jake Long (over Matt Ryan) of course his contract was done before the draft and they also called the Mike Pouncey pick and I'm pretty sure they called the trade down in 2009 and us taking Odrick once we got closer to the pick. We've either been very predictable or someone in the front office has been leaking info like a sieve.

15. finitis23

finitis23 Well-Known Member

Stephen A. Smith is that you ??

16. miamifin12345

17. whizafriz

whizafriz A True Fan

Haha yea I was about to say.
    Let's see how it plays out for a few games before calling the season a wash.

I believe that just as teams can be overrated and overhyped (see Philly, Jets, Ravens, Vikings) they can also be far too underestimated (Rams, Seahawks, Lions)
    Need to give the team a chance to settle in before pointing out the issues

18. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Guys, I'm pessimistic as all hell and down on this team and I don't think Jeff Ireland has done a good job but can we at least friggin' wait for our team to play some games before we jump off a bridge?

19. dolphindan

dolphindan A True Fan

When's hes fired I hope a camera crew is there to catch and watch him be vulnerable and destroyed

20. Ice23

Ice23 Member

When Ireland is fired i will.....go on living my life.

21. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

I don't know how any Dolphin fan can have much faith in the God awful roster we have right now. Any realist knows that Houston is going to knock the snot out of us next Sunday so we start out 0-1. Ireland needs to go!!!

22. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

.....hope Ross turns to Philbin for guidance on a new GM.

23. Marino1313

Marino1313 Scout Team

First off, you just "met" yourself?

2nd? Dude a 1986? Meh!

24. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

I certainly want to take advice from anyone who thinks owning a 1986 Ferrari Testarossa is a good idea

25. MacGruber1

MacGruber1 Disgusted Nationals Fan

you realize we never play playoff games, right?

26. TakeoSpikesNeck

TakeoSpikesNeck Well-Known Member

Not as big as a fan than me. I'm so crazy I contact players, than buy thier game jerseys, gloves, helmets, cleats right off their back for big $$$ just so I can smell their musty swear blood and tear stains on jerseys. Thats a fan....or a nut case either or

27. Marino1313

Marino1313 Scout Team

This!

28. mikefinfan

mikefinfan Die hard Fins Fan

when ireland gets fired, if ever, i will [​IMG]

29. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

When Jeff Ireland is fired the fins need to hire me! The 19 year old GM! We would be a contending team!

30. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

And I remember when I was calling into question the "Trifecta"............

Ah, the halcyon days, when I, with a few others were pointing out flaws, and
    all the rest were telling us..."I think Parcells knows more than you do.."

ahhhhhhhh...

Turns out......

*Chuckles to self and tents fingers.*

..............I was right all along.........

31. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

Just because you say or believe it, doesn't make it true. It would be safer to say he leaned on Mike Sherman.

Jeff Ireland:
    This is a kid we've been following - myself personally and our staff has been following for quite a while. I personally have watched all of his games from 2010 and I thought he had first-round ability just off of his junior season. This season I saw him play a couple of times.

Jeff Ireland:
    I picked him (Tannehill) to be a starting quarterback in this league at some point, to have an impact on this football team, to help us win football games and championships. That's the expectation that I have going down the line.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...talks-about-ryan-tannehill.html#storylink=cpy

32. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Never was a fan of this so called trifecta. Hated hiring the scumbag known as Parcells and predicted he would quit on us(yea tough prediction since he did it everywhere lol)
    Never understood his hardon to hire Sparano who really seemed a bad choice from start and Ireland never thrilled me.
    Should have hired a long term guy and had Shula consult the team

33. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Personally I dont think we pick tannehill without Sherman as the OC. I think that pick rested solely on his back. nothing about that pick screamed Ireland or Philben. Sherman knew the kid best and Im sure convinced them he was worthy of the pick.