When Jeff Ireland is Fired I Will... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Jeff Ireland is Fired I Will...

I dont think Ireland picked Tannehill, I think Philbin did..

Just because you say or believe it, doesn't make it true. It would be safer to say he leaned on Mike Sherman.

Jeff Ireland:
This is a kid we've been following - myself personally and our staff has been following for quite a while. I personally have watched all of his games from 2010 and I thought he had first-round ability just off of his junior season. This season I saw him play a couple of times.

Jeff Ireland:
I picked him (Tannehill) to be a starting quarterback in this league at some point, to have an impact on this football team, to help us win football games and championships. That's the expectation that I have going down the line.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...talks-about-ryan-tannehill.html#storylink=cpy

And I remember when I was calling into question the "Trifecta"............

Ah, the halcyon days, when I, with a few others were pointing out flaws, and
all the rest were telling us..."I think Parcells knows more than you do.."

ahhhhhhhh...

Turns out......

*Chuckles to self and tents fingers.*

..............I was right all along.........

Never was a fan of this so called trifecta. Hated hiring the scumbag known as Parcells and predicted he would quit on us(yea tough prediction since he did it everywhere lol)
Never understood his hardon to hire Sparano who really seemed a bad choice from start and Ireland never thrilled me.
Should have hired a long term guy and had Shula consult the team

Just because you say or believe it, doesn't make it true. It would be safer to say he leaned on Mike Sherman.

Jeff Ireland:
This is a kid we've been following - myself personally and our staff has been following for quite a while. I personally have watched all of his games from 2010 and I thought he had first-round ability just off of his junior season. This season I saw him play a couple of times.

Jeff Ireland:
I picked him (Tannehill) to be a starting quarterback in this league at some point, to have an impact on this football team, to help us win football games and championships. That's the expectation that I have going down the line.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...talks-about-ryan-tannehill.html#storylink=cpy

Personally I dont think we pick tannehill without Sherman as the OC. I think that pick rested solely on his back. nothing about that pick screamed Ireland or Philben. Sherman knew the kid best and Im sure convinced them he was worthy of the pick.

Back
Top Bottom