Where Do You Rank Tannehill among the QBs Drafted Over the Past 2 Years? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Do You Rank Tannehill among the QBs Drafted Over the Past 2 Years?

I'd say, off the top of my head, something like this:

1. Newton
2. Luck
3. Griffin
4. Dalton
5. Tannehill
6. Ponder
7. Wilson
8. Locker
9. Gabbert
10. Yates

I'd say, off the top of my head, something like this:

1. Newton
2. Luck
3. Griffin
4. Dalton
5. Tannehill
6. Ponder
7. Wilson
8. Locker
9. Gabbert
10. Yates

What...SF resident and no Kaepernick on the list? Or does that stand for South Florida?

Yates with a right in vote...:)

This is a fun game. Not sure if you want us to rank them according to how they look to us now or at the time they were drafted. But I'll include what we know to this point.

1. Andrew Luck - Golden boy.
2. Cam Newton - Nothing but success.
3. Russell Wilson - Has only one negative. Big fan of his. Knew he'd end up starter sooner than later.
4. RG3 - So many skills, but there's a potential to bust. Has shown a lot of flaws in preseason.
5. Andy Dalton - Red Rifle is for real. Maybe limited ceiling, but definite starter.
6. Ryan Tannehill - Our golden boy. Wish he had more talent around him to speed development. Talent to move near top of this list.
7. Nick Foles - Philly's system makes every QB look good, but Foles had real talent coming in.
8. Colin Kaepernick - Liked him in the draft. If his throwing motion is straightened out only a matter of time till he starts in SF.
9. Christian Ponder - Meh.
10. Jake Locker - He's looked better than I expected, but accuracy still isn't there and may never be.
11. Ryan Mallett - That arm with the grooming he's getting. It would be hard for even him to **** it up.
12. Blaine Gabbert - A draftnik illusion.
13. Brandon Weeden - Never a believer. Doesn't have the luxury not to be good immediately.
14. Brock Osweiler- Straight garbage. Elway in the FO will sink that franchise.
I like your rankings quite a bit. I feel Luck could ascend to the top of the list, but put Newton first for now. It will be interesting to see how things look five years down the road. I liked Wilson coming out as well and hopes he succeeds.

What...SF resident and no Kaepernick on the list? Or does that stand for South Florida?

Yates with a right in vote...:)
Kaepernick with Harbaugh could definitely work out. I did like him coming out, just honestly forgot all about him. Looks like SF (yes, I live close to San Francisco), might use him in some wildcat type packages this year. He had a 77 yard run in preseason.

Let's see something from Locker before writing him off. Ponder and Gabbert struggled in year 1. Maybe they improve but they probably won't. Statistics say that over half will fail.

By responding to this thread there is an excellent chance to look like a total goose.

Based on what they were coming out of college I would put Tannehill at #4 behind Luck, Newton and RGIII. Though there probably isn't a big gap between Tannehill and RGIII.

If we are talking coming out of college?

1.Andrew Luck
2.Cam Newton
3.RG3
4.Ryan Tannehill
5.Jake Locker (Loved him coming out)
6.Russell Wilson
7.Blaine Gabbert (And for as bad as he was as a rookie, this board had a melt down that we didn't trade up for him after the 9ers passed)
8.Christian Ponder (liked him a lot)
9.Ryan Mallett
10.Colin Kaepernick
11. Andy Dalton

I could add Brock Osweiller because I loved his potential, but I don't know where I would put him.

Rate them at the end of the season, and then be ready to rate them after season 2 when the cream rises to the top.

I strongly believe Wilson is something special. I see that kid taking over Bree's stardom. He will win more games than the others over the next 5 years IMO.

He would rank behind any current QB who has played a meaningful game...since he hasn't played one.

Can we revisit this thread after the season is over?

i think it's difficult to compare both draft classes until this years rookies play a season.

This thread is obviously just a fun game about projections. Frankly, it's almost as unfair to gauge a QB after one year as it is before he's played a game. For the most part this is just a draft projection thread.

Back
Top Bottom