Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread)

We will see this year. We wouldn't be picked 2nd overall if he was not anything special. Now i admit it was a weak draft class i wouldn't say he's nothing special.

I would not say Brown is nothing special. His combination of sizr and speed alone is enough to turn heads.

I think people tend to think otherwise because his procuction hasn't been that of elite runners (mostly due to a lack of opportunity) and he doesn't seem to have those big, highlight reel plays. But make no mistake about--Ronnie Brown can play.

No doubt..NO question... it has to be lawerence Maroney. He has so much potential its scary. He has Power , Speed, cut back ability.. He can be very top except Tomlinson. No one is better than him. And ronnie brown is nothing special.. YAWN...

Mauroney was brutal in the playoffs, as a pats fan that should worry you.

Mauroney was brutal in the playoffs, as a pats fan that should worry you.

As said before he had a shoulder and rib injury. He wasn't at full strength. He wouldn't be the first rookie running back to run out of gas by the end of the season.

Well just to change things up a little.

How about the compensation pick for the Jets shipping Herman Edwards off to the Chiefs.... Leon Washington. I understand that some will think he is just the dreaded "change of pace" back but I am not so sure any more.

As a Jets fan I like the Thomas Jones move well enough I suppose. He was certainly an upgrade over Barlow, Blaylock and Houston and I especially liked it since his contract was very affordable and all he really cost was a swap of 2nd round picks. But Leon Washington was a complete shocker to the Jets last year and he got stronger as the year went by.

Of the official starters I think they are a solid group top to bottom, but by no means spectacular when you look around the league. I would rate those as very close but in the following sequence.

Maroney
Brown
Jones

Oh and Ricky Williams, healthy and on the field blows any one of those away and by a goodly margin.

Honestly, I would go with Ronnie Brown because of youth and his all around abilities. That said, he still is a bust for a #2 pick. Not totally his fault (oline and health), but if a guy is picked that high, you want a warrior who can change games.

I'm a big fan of Thomas Jones and like that pickup. That said, he runs so hard that his tank may be emptying soon.

Lynch has proven anything yet but the Bills have tried to help by fixing the oline and getting another rb to take some carries. He has all the tools.

Maroney could be special but again, this is a guy who's never had to carry the load. That would make me nervous as a PAts fan.

Back
Top Bottom