Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread)

Right now, Thomas Jones. He's the most proven one right now, and he's certainly talented. However, both Maroney and Brown have the opportunity to prove they can handle being the star backs on their respective teams this year.

Not surprisingly I agree. :)

Jones was a huge pick up for us and our line stays solid could produce the best running since CM in 2004.

BZ

I would go with Ronnie mainly because Jones has only proven himself in Chicago. But when Ricky is playing he is a top 5 running back and it always pains me to think he wasted all that talent.
Its kinda depressing in a way. He was a weapon of Tomlinsons caliber maybe even better and he left it all to be a bum. Really sad story.

I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm going to go with Lawrence Maroney only because i think he has the highest ceiling of potential in a runningback. He's got moves you can't really teach and he's got a nasty first cut.

I will take Maroney from NE based on he will not cost as much and he seems a very talented back. Valuewise I take him. Ronnie is a good back but already makes elite back money based on him being the number 2 pick and I would spend that extra money on the line.

Right now, Thomas Jones. He's the most proven one right now, and he's certainly talented. However, both Maroney and Brown have the opportunity to prove they can handle being the star backs on their respective teams this year.

As a personal fan of Ronnie Brown, i'm hoping for the best.

Why is everyone so high on Jones?? He has never impressed me. If you look at his stats there is nothing that jumps off the page. Ronnie has averaged EVERY year more than Thomas has for his entire career. Thomas has been in the league for 7 years and has three times averaged under 4.0 ypc, twice under 3.5. If you take away the big year he had at Tampa he would have a sub 4 career average. Ronnie on the other hand has had what most in the NFL would consider the single worst OL in the league and has averaged better than 4 every year?? I just don't see how you can make a case for anyone over Ronnie in the East. And go back and check my threads when we got him, I am not a big Ronnie fan, but I just don't think there is a better back in the East.

Put Lawrence Maroney's moves in Browns body you got a battering ram that can move, Steven Jackson esque if you will.

Yes, thats what I meant. Although if ricky was on our team I would take him over any back in the AFCE

I will take Lynch from Buffalo based on he will not cost as much and he seems a very talented back. Valuewise I take him.

Lynch stands to make about 10 mil less than Ronnie over the course of their contracts. If we're talking value, it's Booker.

i'm a jones fan (or was).... but no way would i take him over Ronnie....Jones is injured every single season and has never carried a load or been consistent. Maroney showed alot of promise and Lynch should be good... but none have near the skill-set ronnie has..... Easy question IMO.... so far.

i really think you'd hafta be clueless to take any of em over Ronnie.

guys like jones, lynch, and maroney come around every year..... Ronnie is a rare specimen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w0cNxbr4R2I

I love it, first player he runs over is Jason Allen. Song selection fits perfectly too, we NEED to get this chant going at games- it would be sick to hear the whole stadium chanting this as RB plows over people.
That would be great to hear the whole stadium chanting that but that kind of stuff only happens in the movies.

It shouldn't baffle you...

Jones:
2005: 1,335 - 4.3
2006: 1,210 -4.1

Brown:
2005: 907 - 4.4
2006: 1,008 - 4.2

Give me the guy who puts up almost 300 more yards on average and still averages out at a 4.2 YPC.

Thanks.
BZ

Lynch stands to make about 10 mil less than Ronnie over the course of their contracts. If we're talking value, it's Booker.

Actually i meant Maroney, Booker hasnt proved anything since the high school level, I do like him but not as my featured back.

It shouldn't baffle you...

Jones:
2005: 1,335 - 4.3
2006: 1,210 -4.1

Brown:
2005: 907 - 4.4
2006: 1,008 - 4.2

Give me the guy who puts up almost 300 more yards on average and still averages out at a 4.2 YPC.

Thanks.
BZ

The biggest mistake that TB made was not resigning this guy.

Actually i meant Maroney, Booker hasnt proved anything since the high school level, I do like him but not as my featured back.

Maroney isn't bad at all. I'm not sure if his shoulder is going to prove to be an issue or not, but he certainly isn't bad.

Back
Top Bottom