Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East RB would you Choose?(Not a bash Ronnie thread)

Boy

I like Brown better than Jones, he has more talent, but Maroney intrigues me, I just might be tempted to pick him. That kid seems to have that something special.

That's what i said. The guy is a straight up stud when he gets moving. He tore up defenses throughout his senior year at Minnesota and i was suprised he went where he did in the draft. If he went a year before with the production he had his senior he would have been a top 10 pick.

The reason they don't give the ball to Ronnie more is A) he is hurt and B) he can't handle it.

It is understandable why you wouldn't pick a rival team RB and we shall see what this and the next season brings.

Of course, we had NO RB last year and still were able to beat the Dolphins twice so...

BZ
First off, I did give Jones the edge over Brown earlier in the thread. I am just trying to show you that the two are not all that different.

Saban didn't give him the ball, because the Dolphins were usually losing. You pass when you are losing, so the carries go down. Ronnie can handle the load, Saban just didn't like to give it to him. It isn't like his backups were always coming in, Ronnie was always on the field, but it was usually a passing play.

To start the season, I give the edge to Jones. But as others have pointed out, Ronnie hasn't reached his peak yet, while Jones already was there. Jones may only have a few more years left.

Ronnie Brown although TJ and Maronney are quality backs...Brown just needs to practice on his top end speed.

The reason they don't give the ball to Ronnie more is A) he is hurt and B) he can't handle it.

It is understandable why you wouldn't pick a rival team RB and we shall see what this and the next season brings.

Of course, we had NO RB last year and still were able to beat the Dolphins twice so...

BZ

you've just shown how limited your knowledge of the fins is.... the highlighted is complete nonsense!!!... we're not stupid enough to listen to opposing fans who make things up about our team.

Alright, again i said Thomas Jones is the best RIGHT NOW

However, i didn't expect the jets fan who agreed with me to come on and flame Ronnie Brown. I expect Ronnie Brown to be 10x's better than Thomas Jones when he's entering his Ninth year in the league.

If you want a true comparison, how about we compare Thomas Jone's first two years in the league to Ronnies first two:

Thomas Jones: 2001 (Rookie Year)
112 carries. 373 yards 2 tds.
2002 (2nd year)
112 carries. 380 yards 5 tds.

Ronnie Brown 2005 (rookie year)
207 carries 907 yards 4 tds.
2006 (2nd year)
241 carries, 1008 yards. 5 tds

Like i said, if i had to pick a Running back in the AFC east this year, i would go with the 9 year Vet.

However, when it's all said and done, Ronnie's going to be the better running back.

EDIT: Oh, and before anyone goes and says Ronnie was drafted much higher, truth is, he wasn't. Thomas Jones was taken #7 overall by Arizona in 2000.

Boy

I like Brown better than Jones, he has more talent, but Maroney intrigues me, I just might be tempted to pick him. That kid seems to have that something special.

LIke a broken shoulder..(Or whatever that injury is)

It shouldn't baffle you...

Jones:
2005: 1,335 - 4.3
2006: 1,210 -4.1

Brown:
2005: 907 - 4.4
2006: 1,008 - 4.2

Give me the guy who puts up almost 300 more yards on average and still averages out at a 4.2 YPC.

Thanks.
BZ
Hmm, you forgot something.

Brown 2006 - 33 rec, 276 yards.
Jones 2006 - 36 rec, 154 yards.

Totals:
Brown 1284 All purpose yards
Jones 1364 all purpose yards.

Jones, 80 more APY, 3 extra receptions, 55 more carries. Jones traded away, downside of his career? Speculation of course. With Brown being under-utilized last year, I'll take Brown (Jones is good though, nobody is denying that).

This doesn't answer the original question, but Jones/Washington vs. Brown/Booker may be interesting. Booker being an unknown quality but this year shall be fun watching the two pairs.

Going into 2007 I take Thomas Jones BUT Brown, Mauroney and Lynch all have the ability to be better than him.

nyjunc, said it better than I did (as he most often does), if you were going to pick a RB for this and next year, I think Jones is the way to go based on his most recent production.

Brown and Maroney could have huge upside but for a workhorse RB in the 2007 season, I would (and thankfully have) take Jones.

The nice thing to offset Jones is Leon Washington who has the speed and agility to break a play every time he gets the ball (like against the Dolphins on December 25th, 2006.)

BZ

Maroney to me is a bit of a question mark because towards the end of last season he was non-existant and he had most of his success after Dillon wore defenses down and he also injured his back which kept him out and an injured back could destroy a career.

He injured his shoulder and ribs which is why he disappeared somewhat in the latter part of the season. He was much more tentative because of it but he still provided the home run hit to seal victories and averaged 4.2 YPC in November and December.

I am confident in his abilities the only question mark to me is if he can stay reasonably healthy.

And to answer the question I would take either Brown or Maroney. I like both a lot and feel they have more potential than Jones and I have to see Lynch play in the NFL before I form an opinion on him.

In the long run I'd probably take Brown given the choice of him or TJ, but I like Jones potential this year in the Jets system more then Browns in the Phins system. In other words, I expect TJ to have the better year.

No doubt..NO question... it has to be lawerence Maroney. He has so much potential its scary. He has Power , Speed, cut back ability.. He can be very top except Tomlinson. No one is better than him. And ronnie brown is nothing special.. YAWN...

No doubt..NO question... it has to be lawerence Maroney. He has so much potential its scary. He has Power , Speed, cut back ability.. He can be very top except Tomlinson. No one is better than him. And ronnie brown is nothing special.. YAWN...

We will see this year. We wouldn't be picked 2nd overall if he was not anything special. Now i admit it was a weak draft class i wouldn't say he's nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom