Which Double Up Option Would You Prefer? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Double Up Option Would You Prefer?

Unless Miami ends up going to a 3-4. I do wonder if that may be what Adam Gase prefers. This year I think he was kind of stuck with the talent he had which matched a 4-3. But, if Miami sticks to the same defense I like your rankings per round.

One thing that wouldn't surprise me is if the Dolphins went corner in the 1st. Howard looks good, but getting another good corner is never a bad idea.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Does make the most sense. Pass rushers go so quickly, though, it's hard to say who will be there in R2. I also think that could be a good spot for one of the tight ends if either Howard or Butts make it to middle of R2.

VJ did study under Wade P who runs a 34 Predator & I can see them going that way.

As for TE's, Leggett (Clemson) s/b there on day 2.

VJ did study under Wade P who runs a 34 Predator & I can see them going that way.

As for TE's, Leggett (Clemson) s/b there on day 2.

Yeah, I'm really thinking that could be the way Miami goes. So much easier to find those 3-4 pass rushing outside linebackers. Like the idea of Leggett in R2. You just know Adam Gase will want to bring in a young talent there.

To throw it out there, if Miami goes 3-4 then someone like Charles Harris in R1 and Kendell Beckwith in R2 would make a lot of sense.....or the team could get say Reuben Foster in R1 and Lowell Lotulelei in R2. Lotulelei could play nose in a 3-4.

Yeah, I'm really thinking that could be the way Miami goes. So much easier to find those 3-4 pass rushing outside linebackers. Like the idea of Leggett in R2. You just know Adam Gase will want to bring in a young talent there.

To throw it out there, if Miami goes 3-4 then someone like Charles Harris in R1 and Kendell Beckwith in R2 would make a lot of sense.....or the team could get say Reuben Foster in R1 and Lowell Lotulelei in R2. Lotulelei could play nose in a 3-4.

I thought VJ would go to a 43 under (like Seattle) than transition a 34 Predator. While I prefer an aggressive 43, this day & age calls for flexibility.

Yes; LL could. He's got the pedigree. His brother (maybe cousin) plays with Soliai in Carolina

I see some talk of what could happen if we were to transition back to a 3-4...what would we do about Suh? Unless I'm mistaken, he's a 4-3 DT.

I see some talk of what could happen if we were to transition back to a 3-4...what would we do about Suh? Unless I'm mistaken, he's a 4-3 DT.

I don't think Miami will transition to a 3-4, but if they do, in W. Phillips' style of 3-4, Suh would be a 1-gapping DE, similar to D. Wolfe or M. Jackson. He'd be fine. I don't think we have the other DE on the roster, and we certainly don't have the OLB's on the roster, and this is the bigger issue with the transition.

I don't think Miami will transition to a 3-4, but if they do, in W. Phillips' style of 3-4, Suh would be a 1-gapping DE, similar to D. Wolfe or M. Jackson. He'd be fine. I don't think we have the other DE on the roster, and we certainly don't have the OLB's on the roster, and this is the bigger issue with the transition.

Would have to make linebackers a real focus if switching to 3-4, one that can rush the passer, a MIKE and a true NT.

I think Utahfinsfan is right about having the flexibility to use both a 3-4 and 4-3. All about how you can matchup with certain teams.

I think were def going 3-4. This year the focus is on offense and developing our young secondary. We didn't bring in anyone who can't transition into 3-4 and didn't keep any players who are more 4-3 base either.

Next year they will spend money building their front 7.

Would have to make linebackers a real focus if switching to 3-4, one that can rush the passer, a MIKE and a true NT.

I think Utahfinsfan is right about having the flexibility to use both a 3-4 and 4-3. All about how you can matchup with certain teams.

We got Jordan Phillips.

I think mario could play the end opposite suh if there was a switch, but he's been unwilling to do that at every other stop and is purely in collect a check mode at this point, sadly.

I prefer the 3-4 but it's harder to get the personnel for and we don't have like any of it. Even the ones that could make the switch like mario and Suh would be unwilling or wake who will be 100 next season. If there is a way to need even more holes filled than we already do, switching schemes is the way to get there.

For the 1st RD options, I'd rank them: Foster, Adams, McDowell, Harris.

For 2nd: Williams, King, Davis - haven't got around to Smoot.

Williams is going in the first, before the 20's most likely unless there is some crazy run on QBs or RBs. The smart $ is Davis and King not making it into the second either, although king has some questions to answer at the combine.

Of the above options, the first one looks to be the most obvious fit. Jenkins has been hurt for 2 years now, misi shouldn't come back even if he's able, and alonso would benefit from a move to the right. Foster can hit, fill, and cover as good as it gets for his size and Davis is as physical as they get. Both of them can also play any position in a 4-3 and inside in a 3-4, so that always helps. LB core solved just like that.

I think mario could play the end opposite suh if there was a switch, but he's been unwilling to do that at every other stop and is purely in collect a check mode at this point, sadly.

I prefer the 3-4 but it's harder to get the personnel for and we don't have like any of it. Even the ones that could make the switch like mario and Suh would be unwilling or wake who will be 100 next season. If there is a way to need even more holes filled than we already do, switching schemes is the way to get there.

If Joseph truly likes the 3-4 better than he wouldn't of come here unless he knew he was going to get to run his defense. Remember just a season before he was trying to go to Denver to run their 3-4.

I'm completely completely convinced were going 3-4. Between the draft and our cap space, we can make the switch in one off season. At least half of it is already on the roster.

And really what else do we need? Besides maybe qb, which we won't get into.

If Joseph truly likes the 3-4 better than he wouldn't of come here unless he knew he was going to get to run his defense. Remember just a season before he was trying to go to Denver to run their 3-4.

I'm completely completely convinced were going 3-4. Between the draft and our cap space, we can make the switch in one off season. At least half of it is already on the roster.

So you're the GM. Gase and Joseph want to switch to a 3-4 so that's your focus in the draft. Who do you value more if Harris and Foster are both available when you're picking in R1. Do you go Harris thinking Beckwith could be there in the 2nd or is Foster just too good to pass up?

Man. Just a quick look at the switch.

On the DL we have wake, williams, suh, branch, jones, phillips, mitchell that are worth mentioning. Branch, jones, and mitchell prob won't be back and don't fit a 3-4 anyhow. Williams is unwilling and won't be back unless he starts showing up on sundays. Phillips is too tall to play nose unless he masters the art of leverage and fast. Suh would most likely do it but wouldn't be pumped or as effective IMO. Wake's old.

At LB we have jenkins, misi, alonso and I suppose Butler worth mentioning. Jenkins and misi are most likely out, and should be. Alonso doesn't fit anywhere in a 3-4, just ask philly. I guess you could get away with Butler in the middle for a season if you had to, though not ideal. And while wake factors in here, he's old.

So the front 7 would look like RE suh - NT draft pick - LE draft pick in front of ROLB draft pick - ILB draft pick - ILB butler (yuck) - LOLB draft pick. This approach would pretty much be the textbook definition of creating holes, while rendering guys like alonso, phillips, etc useless and having to be replaced.

I guess if we did something like Denver's version of the 3-4, we could get by, but again its not ideal and we're severely lacking the ware/miller combo that would even make talking about a switch like that make sense.

But now would be the time if you're gonna do it. If they're blowing up that front 7 anyhow, **** it I suppose. Maybe we can find a sucker to unload alonso and phillips on ... maybe even somehow sneak into the top 10 ...

So you're the GM. Gase and Joseph want to switch to a 3-4 so that's your focus in the draft. Who do you value more if Harris and Foster are both available when you're picking in R1. Do you go Harris thinking Beckwith could be there in the 2nd or is Foster just too good to pass up?

I have no clue haven't gotten that far yet.

Man. Just a quick look at the switch.

On the DL we have wake, williams, suh, branch, jones, phillips, mitchell that are worth mentioning. Branch, jones, and mitchell prob won't be back and don't fit a 3-4 anyhow. Williams is unwilling and won't be back unless he starts showing up on sundays. Phillips is too tall to play nose unless he masters the art of leverage and fast. Suh would most likely do it but wouldn't be pumped or as effective IMO. Wake's old.

At LB we have jenkins, misi, alonso and I suppose Butler worth mentioning. Jenkins and misi are most likely out, and should be. Alonso doesn't fit anywhere in a 3-4, just ask philly. I guess you could get away with Butler in the middle for a season if you had to, though not ideal. And while wake factors in here, he's old.

So the front 7 would look like RE suh - NT draft pick - LE draft pick in front of ROLB draft pick - ILB draft pick - ILB butler (yuck) - LOLB draft pick. This approach would pretty much be the textbook definition of creating holes, while rendering guys like alonso, phillips, etc useless and having to be replaced.

I guess if we did something like Denver's version of the 3-4, we could get by, but again its not ideal and we're severely lacking the ware/miller combo that would even make talking about a switch like that make sense.

But now would be the time if you're gonna do it. If they're blowing up that front 7 anyhow, **** it I suppose. Maybe we can find a sucker to unload alonso and phillips on ... maybe even somehow sneak into the top 10 ...

Suh would be fine, Phillips natural ability and size should help him transition, but your right, height could be an issue. I think Alonso will be fine in the 3-4, I have no clue what Philly trading him has to do with it. They were chasing their QB, likely Would of traded anyone on the roster for pieces to get one.

Wake can still play in the 3-4, obviously not as many downs.

And most of the players you mentioned will be gone either way, doesn't matter if it's 3-4 or 4-3. So I don't know why you say were creating holes. The holes are already there.

Well have more than enough money to spend to add the pieces plus Well have draft picks. No matter if we go 3-4 or stay 4-3, we still need to use a lot of those resources on the front 7 anyway. I don't know why you make it sound like we have to draft every position.

We can sign guys like Chandler Jones, Alex okafor, Calias Campbell, Donta Hightower. Sign 2-3 studs, than fill in the rest. I don't really see whats so complicated about going to 3-4.

I have no clue haven't gotten that far yet.

Suh would be fine, Phillips natural ability and size should help him transition, but your right, height could be an issue. I think Alonso will be fine in the 3-4, I have no clue what Philly trading him has to do with it. They were chasing their QB, likely Would of traded anyone on the roster for pieces to get one.

Wake can still play in the 3-4, obviously not as many downs.

And most of the players you mentioned will be gone either way, doesn't matter if it's 3-4 or 4-3. So I don't know why you say were creating holes. The holes are already there.

Well have more than enough money to spend to add the pieces plus Well have draft picks. No matter if we go 3-4 or stay 4-3, we still need to use a lot of those resources on the front 7 anyway. I don't know why you make it sound like we have to draft every position.

We can sign guys like Chandler Jones, Alex okafor, Calias Campbell, Donta Hightower. Sign 2-3 studs, than fill in the rest. I don't really see whats so complicated about going to 3-4.

Suh seems to be a team guy but players typically aren't enthused when the scheme might prevent the numbers they're used to, and paid handsomely for. Phillips and that awkwardly large upper body of his is letting guys getting under his pads like it's cool - one of the reasons I was pushing for a soliai resign - a guy who struggled with the same thing until it clicked. He is not ready for NT duties, who knows if and when that light comes on. Alonso was lost in Phillys 3-4, and will be in any other. Have to be able to fill and get off blocks in the middle of a 3-4. Or blitz on the outside. Textbook 4-3 backer.

The point with the guys being gone is they have to be gone if we switch schemes. There's at least the option of a resign with a 4-3.

It's complicated because it's putting more on the plate of a team that has shown it can't even handle the status quo. It is creating more holes on a team with many and not enough draft picks to begin with. One day this team will learn that good teams draft for depth and eventual starters instead of guys that are forced to come in and start at the highest level at probably an unfamiliar position in every round due to aids related kaposi sarcoma.

Back
Top Bottom