Which Double Up Option Would You Prefer? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Double Up Option Would You Prefer?

I also think the team could transition to the 3-4 pretty quickly. Don't like the idea of Suh at NT, though, and not yet sold on Phillips.

I like xXwarXx idea of fixing partly in free agency. Miami should have the money and landing a potential stud like Chandler Jones or Calis Campbell would be a great addition.

With a 3-4, I still think Foster would be my #1 target. In R2, I might look at either a pass rush linebacker or NT. That would get the team pretty close no?

Bob makes a lot of good points. I dunno if Suh wants to make the change but I assume he would. I disagree about Phillips and Alonso though. I think they can play in the 3-4.

Wake and maybe Dion can rush from the outside.

Sign Hightower and Calias and you almost got your 3-4 already.

3-4 is expensive to build. But we have the money and picks, and we really don't have desperate needs outside the front 7. ,aybe qb, but assuming were rolling with Tannehill, the only possible glaring need outside of that is cornerback.

Bob makes a lot of good points. I dunno if Suh wants to make the change but I assume he would. I disagree about Phillips and Alonso though. I think they can play in the 3-4.

Wake and maybe Dion can rush from the outside.

Sign Hightower and Calias and you almost got your 3-4 already.

3-4 is expensive to build. But we have the money and picks, and we really don't have desperate needs outside the front 7. ,aybe qb, but assuming were rolling with Tannehill, the only possible glaring need outside of that is cornerback.

Not that it matters, but the main be even more unbearable when it comes to Suh in that scenario. "We're (as if it's coming from their pockets) paying him all this money for those stats! Rabble rabble rabble!"

That being said, I doubt he would mind. He's here until he's 32, at least. How many more contracts is he looking at? One? Maybe a one year final contract here or somewhere else?

I honestly think you will see Gase find some impact tight ends from somewhere and a guard on offense.....the rest should be defense.

I also think the team could transition to the 3-4 pretty quickly. Don't like the idea of Suh at NT, though, and not yet sold on Phillips.

I like xXwarXx idea of fixing partly in free agency. Miami should have the money and landing a potential stud like Chandler Jones or Calis Campbell would be a great addition.

With a 3-4, I still think Foster would be my #1 target. In R2, I might look at either a pass rush linebacker or NT. That would get the team pretty close no?

Phillips makes plays and is developing.

Not that it matters, but the main be even more unbearable when it comes to Suh in that scenario. "We're (as if it's coming from their pockets) paying him all this money for those stats! Rabble rabble rabble!"

That being said, I doubt he would mind. He's here until he's 32, at least. How many more contracts is he looking at? One? Maybe a one year final contract here or somewhere else?

Even if Suh wanted nothing to do with 3-4 we could easily trade him. With teams being forced to spend money now, a top notch player with no guaranteed money left on his deal after next season will hold a lot of value for a lot of contending teams.

Teams are overpaying guys rather than giving long term contacts, and with Vernon's contract Suh's looks like a steal.

So either way, I'm not worried about Suh.

Even if Suh wanted nothing to do with 3-4 we could easily trade him. With teams being forced to spend money now, a top notch player with no guaranteed money left on his deal after next season will hold a lot of value for a lot of contending teams.

Teams are overpaying guys rather than giving long term contacts, and with Vernon's contract Suh's looks like a steal.

Pretty casual about losing one of the best players in the NFL. Why not just build around what we already have?

If switching to 3-4 meant losing Suh, no thanks.

Pretty casual about losing one of the best players in the NFL. Why not just build around what we already have?

If switching to 3-4 meant losing Suh, no thanks.

Ive already said i think he will be fine with a 3-4, but If he's not down with the cause he can go. It's not like I'm advocating giving him away for nothing.

Ive already said i think he will be fine with a 3-4, but If he's not down with the cause he can go. It's not like I'm advocating giving him away for nothing.

I just don't understand what people think Miami will gain by switching to a 3-4. And, I don't think they appreciate how difficult it would be to make the switch. Everything about the defensive roster says 4-3. Relative to the overall talent of the unit, the D has played really well the last couple of weeks. Add a couple studs in the draft, and the future looks good.

Keep in mind, a lot of these "undersized" DEs are showing they can be full time DEs in a 4-3 when coming to the pros. If you can get to the QB, you can get to the QB.

also let me flat out say, based on what defenses Gase has been around, and Vance as well, I expect us to look at bigger DEs that can move inside for a pass rush. Guys like Malik McDowell and Chris Wormley.

If they decide to switch and he says he's not interested, I stick with him over the switch, without question.

Also, not a huge fan of the idea that Joseph can only coach within very strict parameters. I prefer coaches that can mould the defense to its talents and be creative. If Joseph can't do that, I'd move on from him before Suh as well. I like Wade Phillips's take on it:

"I don't understand the people that say, 'Hey, this is our scheme and that guy can't play in it,' a guy that can play, and is a good player, but, 'He can't play in our scheme.' To me, there's something wrong with your scheme," Phillips said. "You adapt the scheme to what the players can do, not what you can think of."

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and...you-play/077e3d34-ce3c-4c90-9102-98fc5c9987b7

also let me flat out say, based on what defenses Gase has been around, and Vance as well, I expect us to look at bigger DEs that can move inside for a pass rush. Guys like Malik McDowell and Chris Wormley.

I think that was kind of what Gase tried for this year with Williams and Jones as well. He just needs better players. Definitely agree that players like McDowell will be highly coveted if Miami sticks with a 4-3. I suppose he could also be a 3-4 end with Phillips at nose and Suh as a defensive end.

Back
Top Bottom