Which QB would you like to see us draft now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB would you like to see us draft now?

Jones, Griffin, Weeden?

• Jones

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 146 69.2%
  • Weeden

Votes: 40 19.0%

• Total voters

Do you think it is a good idea to draft a 29 year old QB? We'd likely get only 5 productive years out of him (given he turns out to be a quality QB).
To borrow CK's argument, a lot of teams have no problem drafting a RB in the first round and they only have a five or six year shelf life. Plus, talent wise, Weeden is probably the second best QB in the draft. If Andy Dalton can start right away and play well, there's no reason to think Weeden, who is a much better prospect in every factor except for age, can't come in immediately and preform at a high level.

To borrow CK's argument, a lot of teams have no problem drafting a RB in the first round and they only have a five or six year shelf life. Plus, talent wise, Weeden is probably the second best QB in the draft. If Andy Dalton can start right away and play well, there's no reason to think Weeden, who is a much better prospect in every factor except for age, can't come in immediately and preform at a high level.

I didnt say I didnt think he could come in and play well. But say he plays well right off the bat, he likely will only be a starting QB from the age of 29 through, at best 36. Thats only 7 years. If we drafted the same player at the age of 22/23, we could have that QB for 6 more years.

The problem I have with drafting Weeden is that he won't play much better than Matt Moore is right now. Dalton--for all the respect he's getting--is not even outplaying Moore the past 6-7 weeks. Weeden is a lateral move because his career will be about as long as Moore's, and it's doubtful he'll play as well as Matt has (not to mention the risk of the unknown with drafting any rookie).

Assuming Moore plays like Dalton (which would be a pleasant surprise), we're getting the same from Moore. The only reason for drafting a QB--with Moore's recent success--is the long-term potential.

At the rate we are going we will be fortunate to have a shot at any QB. There are so many bad teams that are QB hungry this year. If we finish with 6 wins or better then we likely will be picking 13th or beyond. This positioning will only secure us another OL :(

I didnt say I didnt think he could come in and play well. But say he plays well right off the bat, he likely will only be a starting QB from the age of 29 through, at best 36. Thats only 7 years. If we drafted the same player at the age of 22/23, we could have that QB for 6 more years.
I'm ok with seven or eight years of excellent QB play as opposed to taking someone like Jones just because he's younger. I'd rather have seven years of Tom Brady like play than ten years of Joe Flacco. Not saying that he's Tom Brady, but he has significantly less downside than some of the QBs in this draft.

I'm ok with seven or eight years of excellent QB play as opposed to taking someone like Jones just because he's younger. I'd rather have seven years of Tom Brady like play than ten years of Joe Flacco. Not saying that he's Tom Brady, but he has significantly less downside than some of the QBs in this draft.

I can agree with that

Let me know when you find the genie lamp that grants you your wish for a 22 year old quarterback of Brandon Weeden's skill level to magically be available to the Dolphins.

The problem I have with drafting Weeden is that he won't play much better than Matt Moore is right now. Dalton--for all the respect he's getting--is not even outplaying Moore the past 6-7 weeks. Weeden is a lateral move because his career will be about as long as Moore's, and it's doubtful he'll play as well as Matt has (not to mention the risk of the unknown with drafting any rookie).

Assuming Moore plays like Dalton (which would be a pleasant surprise), we're getting the same from Moore. The only reason for drafting a QB--with Moore's recent success--is the long-term potential.

That statement makes no sense to me.

I picked Weeden because we won't have a chance at Griffen IMO. And the thought of Weeden in a Andy Reid style offense would be awesome.

Ryan Tannehill might shoot up the draft and if we retain Ireland he could be our QB.

I'd take Luck/Barkley/RG3/Weeden/Tannehill/Jones in that order.

Let me know when you find the genie lamp that grants you your wish for a 22 year old quarterback of Brandon Weeden's skill level to magically be available to the Dolphins.

Let me know when YOU also find the genie lamp that suggests we wont.

I picked Weeden because we won't have a chance at Griffen IMO. And the thought of Weeden in a Andy Reid style offense would be awesom.

Ryan Tannehill might shoot up the draft and if we retain Ireland he could be our QB.

I'd take Luck/Barkley/RG3/Weeden/Tannehill/Jones in that order.

If we can get Andy Reid, it would likely make us contenders for many many years. Would be awesome to get him!

Back
Top Bottom