Who can afford Landry if we don't resign him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who can afford Landry if we don't resign him

New England would never be stupid enough to over pay a undisciplined hot headed slot receiver. They like smart, disciplined players at a good value money wise.

And Miami would be well served to follow the same strategy... Landry is NOT worth a huge contract. He can't control his emotions, and after getting thrown out of the final game he's shown that he can be manipulated; opponents will now try to get him to screw up again.

They have a new GM and I don't think he's that stupid

Ozzy rules!!

Maybe not but they could certainly front load Landry's contract so they get a good slot receiver for a couple years while drafting his eventual replacement with one of the 100 draft picks they have. They have a ton of cap space and they have to spend a good portion of it.

Maybe not but they could certainly front load Landry's contract so they get a good slot receiver for a couple years while drafting his eventual replacement with one of the 100 draft picks they have. They have a ton of cap space and they have to spend a good portion of it.
Oh I know they'll have the money but with all the picks they have they'd be better served building thru the draft

Ozzy rules!!

I just wanna say that I truly loathe this common finheaven belief that New England will forever look to sign player x away from us and they will go on to dominate the league and us for decades to come just because we were too stupid not to keep player x away from New England.

Like can we finally just put this tired and overused argument to bed already!

I mean we get it, Welker and Ninkovich had succes over there and yes the Patriots win the division every year but that doesn’t mean we have to be afraid of them.

All it’s doing is externalizing our power and cowering to them.

Remember, just because we’ve been traumatized over and over again doesn’t mean we should accept having a victim mentality.

Say they spend $10M signing their picks. I don't think you can roll over $50M.

Dorsey wants to be competitive immediately, the way he did with KC. I'm almost positive he'll trade for Smith the way he did as soon as he arrived in KC, or Cousins or Luck or someone on top of Darnold and Kizer.

I think he'll spend at least $40 of those millions in 2018 and that's without cuts. Once he cuts Gordon and all the other underperforming complacent busts they have it will be even more.

Oh I know they'll have the money but with all the picks they have they'd be better served building thru the draft

Ozzy rules!!

I agree, I think they will try to build through the draft. However the NFL rules say each team has to spend at least 89% of the cap ceiling. With over 100 million under the cap the Browns are going to have to sign some big time free agents.

Hopefully we get a deal done he is a very good player for us and by far our best offensive player who has produced every season.
We can crap all over Landry and say he is only a slot receiver but when was the last time any receiver of ours had 2 straight years over 90 catches including two over 100
The man has the top three seasons in receptions in dolphin history so he does deserve some respect.

I don't think catches as short as he caught this year mean anything. Standing the punishment does.

The catches in his first three years had more merit to them but again it's the toughness and durability that's remarkable.

IMO you treat him as a RB. Run him to the ground. Good thing we haven't used Carroo up. With that frame of his I could see us resigning him CHEAP now instead of Landry and tossing him the ball 7 yds laterally 100 times a season. That plus our RBs and TEs should really open the deep and intermidiate routes.

There's 3 non boundary receiving options on the field at all times. With the depth we have in the slot, restock at RB and TE and you can keep them all effective, stretch defenses laterally, and you'll have an effective running game.

Then you'll get a lot of cover 1 looks for Stills and Parker.

It just feels like we can keep an efficient offense with disposable guys everywhere. Well everywhere but QB, and even there you don't need rocket armed guys, you just need smarts to diagnose pre-snap and toughness to stand the pass rush. An above average arm does.

Now defense, that's where I would pay a premium.

Think NO's roster management.

Last edited:
I think BB would laugh at Landry if he was to ask for 14mill a year

Ozzy rules!!

Wouldn't happen. The first time Landry missed an assignment or ran to the wrong side of an option, he would be gone. Those kinds of things aren't treated as a laughing matter over there.

I’m all for the Jets signing Landry. Sucks for him to end up there, but if the Jets want to overpay for a slot recover without a viable QB on the roster, they’re welcome to him— that’s a sure recipe for success.

Brady and Belichick must offer up a sacrifice to the football gods every summer, thanking them for putting the Patriots in this division.

Back
Top Bottom