Who Do You Pound the Table For? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Pound the Table For?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Still kind of early, but wonder if there's anyone you'd pound the table for in this draft? Or who you think Flores would pound the table for?

Last year, as soon as I got a look at Holland I just knew he was a Flores type. It's nice to sometimes be right. It's pretty rare actually when it comes to Miami and the draft.

This year, I see two so far. The linebacker Dean from Georgia and Burks, the wide receiver, of Arkansas.

Other than being a little small, Dean is that missile at MLB that could nearly complete the D. I still long for more pass rushers.

Burks looks like the perfect fit for the style of offense the Dolphins are currently playing. A physical, tackle breaking player opposite of Waddle.

Yes, Treylon Burks would be nice. Would pound the table.
Not a fan of MLB that high. And to top it off, an undersized MLB. No thanks. Would not pound the table for Dean. Would pound the table against Dean.

Trade up?
Actually, I'd trade down into late late first or second + third. Imo, this draft has some really elite players early but levels off into a very broad 2nd level of talent.
Trading up is so costly. I'd take advantage of panicking teams, move back and double up in round 2.

Actually, I'd trade down into late late first or second + third. Imo, this draft has some really elite players early but levels off into a very broad 2nd level of talent.
Trading up is so costly. I'd take advantage of panicking teams, move back and double up in round 2.
In that case, would you be looking running back? Or is that too early? Best available offensive lineman?

Still kind of early, but wonder if there's anyone you'd pound the table for in this draft? Or who you think Flores would pound the table for?

Last year, as soon as I got a look at Holland I just knew he was a Flores type. It's nice to sometimes be right. It's pretty rare actually when it comes to Miami and the draft.

This year, I see two so far. The linebacker Dean from Georgia and Burks, the wide receiver, of Arkansas.

Other than being a little small, Dean is that missile at MLB that could nearly complete the D. I still long for more pass rushers.

Burks looks like the perfect fit for the style of offense the Dolphins are currently playing. A physical, tackle breaking player opposite of Waddle.

Burks and Waddle would be so nasty.

In that case, would you be looking running back? Or is that too early? Best available offensive lineman?
Man, that is a seriously tough question. I'd have to see combines and who is available. I'm thinking O-line, WR or RB for sure. It all depends on who is there and their value. I want so desperately to have a good line and running game.

No, I would not pound the table for any running back in the first round.
I would pound the table for adding to the defensive front. Depth is important for the defense which is soooo important to us. We are not going anywhere without the defense. I would pound the table for Davis NT, and I would pound the table for Zach Harrison EDGE.

No, I would not pound the table for any running back in the first round.
I would pound the table for adding to the defensive front. Depth is important for the defense which is soooo important to us. We are not going anywhere without the defense. I would pound the table for Davis NT, and I would pound the table for Zach Harrison EDGE.
Davis could easily be a Flores guy. Agree with you on the running backs in this draft. Maybe round 2?

Man, that is a seriously tough question. I'd have to see combines and who is available. I'm thinking O-line, WR or RB for sure. It all depends on who is there and their value. I want so desperately to have a good line and running game.
I so hope Miami gets at least one starting offensive lineman in free agency. I'd honestly prefer two.

That would actually open up a defensive possibility in round one, if the talent matches there.

Back
Top Bottom