Who Do You Pound the Table For? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Pound the Table For?

I could see Linderbaum or Davis being available, and I’d be all in for either.

I'm thinking the tackles...Evan Neal, Charles Cross, Bernhard Raimann, Darian Kinnard, Ikem Ekwonu, Abraham Lucas, Zion Nelson.

With all due respect to Tyler Linderbaum, the Dolphins aren't going to make drafting him worth it. They're not going to run a scheme that gets the most out of him. They also may have some other viable options at the position.

I love a good center. I was a huge fan of guys like Erik McCoy, Creed Humphrey, Garrett Bradbury. Also pegged some value interiors like Quinn Meinerz, Drew Dalman, Matt Hennessy, Nick Allegretti, Brian Allen. I'd have loved to pony up the money for Corey Linsley or J.C. Tretter.

This off season you could take a look at Brian Allen, Mason Cole, Bradley Bozeman, or Nick Martin. If Chris Grier stops being so ageist then maybe even Jason Kelce, Matt Paradis, Ryan Jensen, Ben Jones, or Justin Britt. And that's in addition to taking a hard look at what Michael Deiter is putting down when he has played this year, which is actually decent.

But right now the tackle position is an absolute shambles. And it's an extremely important position in the NFL. There are some quality guys in this draft, and some not-so-quality guys. Some of the tackles I named won't be going above a Tyler Linderbaum so on a best player basis you might have to take Linderbaum. But you could also trade to the right spot so that the best player is also a player at your position. That's the way Ozzie Newsome always did it.

Im not a fan of this OT class. Also, the biggest issue, and one that must be addressed is the LG. Id take Kenyon Green over any tackle, at 20, if it came down to taking OL at 20. Although, I am not a fan of that either.

I'm thinking the tackles...Evan Neal, Charles Cross, Bernhard Raimann, Darian Kinnard, Ikem Ekwonu, Abraham Lucas, Zion Nelson.

With all due respect to Tyler Linderbaum, the Dolphins aren't going to make drafting him worth it. They're not going to run a scheme that gets the most out of him. They also may have some other viable options at the position.

I love a good center. I was a huge fan of guys like Erik McCoy, Creed Humphrey, Garrett Bradbury. Also pegged some value interiors like Quinn Meinerz, Drew Dalman, Matt Hennessy, Nick Allegretti, Brian Allen. I'd have loved to pony up the money for Corey Linsley or J.C. Tretter.

This off season you could take a look at Brian Allen, Mason Cole, Bradley Bozeman, or Nick Martin. If Chris Grier stops being so ageist then maybe even Jason Kelce, Matt Paradis, Ryan Jensen, Ben Jones, or Justin Britt. And that's in addition to taking a hard look at what Michael Deiter is putting down when he has played this year, which is actually decent.

But right now the tackle position is an absolute shambles. And it's an extremely important position in the NFL. There are some quality guys in this draft, and some not-so-quality guys. Some of the tackles I named won't be going above a Tyler Linderbaum so on a best player basis you might have to take Linderbaum. But you could also trade to the right spot so that the best player is also a player at your position. That's the way Ozzie Newsome always did it.
If all Miami accomplished this offseason was improving both tackles, I think that would take care of most issues with this team. By upgrade, I'm talking NFL average or better.

That's challenging. Those good OT'S always go so quickly in the draft and are tough to find in free agency.

Ideally, you find one in free agency. Then, to your point, possibly trade up. Neal is maybe top 5 so that's not happening. But maybe Cross is a target. Miami has SF's #1 pick for 2023 if need be to move up.

Going into 2022 without a solution at offensive tackle just can't happen.

If all Miami accomplished this offseason was improving both tackles, I think that would take care of most issues with this team. By upgrade, I'm talking NFL average or better.

That's challenging. Those good OT'S always go so quickly in the draft and are tough to find in free agency.

Ideally, you find one in free agency. Then, to your point, possibly trade up. Neal is maybe top 5 so that's not happening. But maybe Cross is a target. Miami has SF's #1 pick for 2023 if need be to move up.

Going into 2022 without a solution at offensive tackle just can't happen.
You say the good offensive tackles go so quickly? We could have had Slater and an additional first rounder in 2022 but they wanted Waddle. Waddle is a very good receiver but with the pick we lost in the Waddle trade we could have got Jameson Williams in next years draft. I would have rather had Slater, Williams and Linderbaum. Really didn’t like giving up that 1st to the Eagles last year.

You say the good offensive tackles go so quickly? We could have had Slater and an additional first rounder in 2022 but they wanted Waddle. Waddle is a very good receiver but with the pick we lost in the Waddle trade we could have got Jameson Williams in next years draft. I would have rather had Slater, Williams and Linderbaum. Really didn’t like giving up that 1st to the Eagles last year.
I think that's a fair argument. But Waddle likely ends up with the rookie reception record. At least they didn't miss on that pick.

Actually, I'd trade down into late late first or second + third. Imo, this draft has some really elite players early but levels off into a very broad 2nd level of talent.
Trading up is so costly. I'd take advantage of panicking teams, move back and double up in round 2.
I think the really good talent dies after 20

Back
Top Bottom