Who Do You Pound the Table For? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Pound the Table For?

I like the way he fights for every yard ,every ball ,the enthusiasm , the energy ..I think he is a perfect fit. Yeah Burks has more speed and I would be happy with either.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the tackles...Evan Neal, Charles Cross, Bernhard Raimann, Darian Kinnard, Ikem Ekwonu, Abraham Lucas, Zion Nelson.

With all due respect to Tyler Linderbaum, the Dolphins aren't going to make drafting him worth it. They're not going to run a scheme that gets the most out of him. They also may have some other viable options at the position.

I love a good center. I was a huge fan of guys like Erik McCoy, Creed Humphrey, Garrett Bradbury. Also pegged some value interiors like Quinn Meinerz, Drew Dalman, Matt Hennessy, Nick Allegretti, Brian Allen. I'd have loved to pony up the money for Corey Linsley or J.C. Tretter.

This off season you could take a look at Brian Allen, Mason Cole, Bradley Bozeman, or Nick Martin. If Chris Grier stops being so ageist then maybe even Jason Kelce, Matt Paradis, Ryan Jensen, Ben Jones, or Justin Britt. And that's in addition to taking a hard look at what Michael Deiter is putting down when he has played this year, which is actually decent.

But right now the tackle position is an absolute shambles. And it's an extremely important position in the NFL. There are some quality guys in this draft, and some not-so-quality guys. Some of the tackles I named won't be going above a Tyler Linderbaum so on a best player basis you might have to take Linderbaum. But you could also trade to the right spot so that the best player is also a player at your position. That's the way Ozzie Newsome always did it.
What round do you think for Abraham Lucas? I think he could be pretty good.

One thing that continues to baffle me is the sheer number of underclassman that declare for the NFL draft every year that have hardly seen the field in 3-4 years on campus.

The only thing more baffling is the transfer portal.

One thing that continues to baffle me is the sheer number of underclassman that declare for the NFL draft every year that have hardly seen the field in 3-4 years on campus.

The only thing more baffling is the transfer portal.

Didn't a Dr Pepper commercial 'solve' the transfer portal protocol

In all seriousness, is NCAA football really still an "amateur" sport?

Didn't a Dr Pepper commercial 'solve' the transfer portal protocol

In all seriousness, is NCAA football really still an "amateur" sport?

Nope. They're getting paid now. This is what they wanted - so this is what they get.

The Dr. Pepper transfer portal commercial nailed it. What makes the commercial so classic to me is the fact there's so much truth in it.

Only around 16% of players that enter the transfer portal are ever heard from again. It's like the Burmuda Triangle once you cross that threshold.

Why these kids give up a $200,000 scholarship for those odds is a mystery. They wanted young people to have the freedom to make stupid decisions without interference. So that's exactly what they're doing.

Last edited:
I love a good center. I was a huge fan of guys like Erik McCoy, Creed Humphrey, Garrett Bradbury.

I can’t help but wonder if we can swing a deal for McCoy. Saints are projected to be about $57M over the cap.

I’m really intrigued to see how the Saints plan on getting out of that hole. Pretty much a given that Terron Armstead, Marshon Lattimore, Marcus Williams can’t be resigned or tagged.

Can the Saints afford to keep Kamara? Cause I’d pound the table for that kid, contract and all, while Tua is on a rookie deal.

In the draft I really like that Memphis WR if he’s there in the third round. Bigger, better version of Jakeem Grant. That speed will have him selected in the top 100.

Last edited:
Still kind of early, but wonder if there's anyone you'd pound the table for in this draft? Or who you think Flores would pound the table for?

Last year, as soon as I got a look at Holland I just knew he was a Flores type. It's nice to sometimes be right. It's pretty rare actually when it comes to Miami and the draft.

This year, I see two so far. The linebacker Dean from Georgia and Burks, the wide receiver, of Arkansas.

Other than being a little small, Dean is that missile at MLB that could nearly complete the D. I still long for more pass rushers.

Burks looks like the perfect fit for the style of offense the Dolphins are currently playing. A physical, tackle breaking player opposite of Waddle.
Excellent post as always SF. It’s never to early to talk about the draft.

As always it obviously depends on where our pick falls but it’s exciting as always.

If you recall last year... I posted over and over again about wanting Jaelan Phillips and Jevon Holland as I had them rated #1 at their respective positions. So far... so good. I was definitely “pounding the table” for those 2 guys and said so on numerous occasions. I also recall you and I specifically talking about Jevon Holland as you loved him as much as I did.

I love draft time bc I’m a tape guy. The combine and measurements and all that count for sure but I’ll be a tape guy until the day I die. A workout in shorts and tank tops account for very little of my draft projections bc like I said I’m a “show me the tape” kind of guy. With all that being said... here’s a few guys that I love love love their tape. Although it’s early and things will shift and change... here’s where I’m at as of today.

Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE) Oregon- To me the best player in the class. Speed power bend setting the edge. The guy is the total package. Though more than likely we won’t have a chance to get him... he’s special.

George Karlaftis (EDGE) Purdue- I actually prefer Karlaftis over Aidan Hutchinson. Hutchinson has a probable 1st round EDGE playing across from him in David OJabo. As well as fringe 1st rounder Daxton Hill at Safety. My point... Hutchinson has a ton of talent playing around him that I believe helps him. Karlaftis on the other hand has been a 1 man show for the Purdue defense. Offenses scheme against him bc he’s really been Purdue’s only threat on defense and the dude has continued to produce. Dude is strong as an ox and I saw numerous times on his tape where he just drives OTs backwards into QBs. I see a lot of JJ Watt in his prime in Karlaftis.

David Bell (WR) Purdue- I think the best WR in this class is a tossup between Bell and Treylon Burks out of Arkansas. Against Iowa and Michigan St... Bell was completely unstoppable. He has more impressive tape than just those 2 games but obviously they stick out bc of his production. He won’t test out of this world in workouts but he’s got football speed a plenty. A bigger kid around 6’2 he just knows how to go up and get the ball. Very strong for a WR and sort of bully’s DBs with his strength. The guy is just a playmaker.

Treylon Burks (WR) Arkansas- Basically the same as I Wrote about David Bell except Burks is more agile and faster. Also a big kid for a WR with a thick body type. I see some DK Metcalf here but like Bell the kid is just a playmaker.

Tyler Linderbaum (C) Iowa- The reports of him maybe being the best Center to come out in over a decade may be a little much but the kid is exactly what you’d expect out of a Big-10 OL. Naturally country boy strong. Elite agility for a guy his size and can pull with the best of them. Considering OL is a need for us... I’d expect Linderbaum to be in heavy consideration if he were to somehow make it to our pick.

Ahmad Gardner (CB) Cincinnati- This is one of the more unbelievable stats I’ve ever seen. This kid has basically been a 3 year starter and yet he’s never surrendered a TD pass. That is flat out unbelievable especially in today’s college football with the HUNH offenses. A really big kid for a CB at 6’3 allows him to matchup with bigger WRs and stay on their hip. This kid also is a pure football player as he absolutely loves the game. He doesn’t have elite quickness but his body size and recovery ability allow him room for error. I think he’s better than Derek Stingley who will probably be the first CB off the board but IMO I think Gardner and Andrew Booth (Clemson) are both better players.

Daniel Faalele (OT) Minnesota- An absolute mountain of a man at about 6’8 360. The size alone is enticing but after seeing his tape I like him even more. A devastating road grader in run blocking. He just punishes DEs and DTs. Now he’ll need some coaching as he’s still raw. With how big he is he struggled some with pure speed rushers but some refined coaching and technique will help that. He also needs to find a little bit more of a mean streak but the talent and upside is undeniable.

Marcus Jones (CB) Houston- Lightning in a bottle is the best way to describe Jones. A smaller guy at about 5’9 but has speed to burn. Flips his hips effortlessly and can recover at will. He’s probably a day 2 pick bc of his smaller stature but has that ****y attitude you like to see with CBs. I think he’s more than likely a nickel CB in the pros. Also with Jones you get college footballs most lethal kick and punt returner. He dazzles in the return game.

Wan’Dale Robinson (WR) Kentucky- Was electric at Nebraska before deciding to return home to Kentucky this year. Didn’t have quite the same numbers as he did at Nebraska but is electric with the ball in his hands. I think Nebraska actually used him better than Kentucky did and he split time between Tailback and WR at Nebraska but was almost exclusively a WR at Kentucky. Another guy with speed to burn but has the agility and quickness to match. This is exactly the type of guy you throw those bubbles and flares and he can take it 60 yards to the house.

Brandon Joseph (Safety) Northwestern- An extremely intelligent and cerebral DB. Joseph has been a 3 year starter and continuously produced. Also probably a day 2 pick. Doesn’t really do any one thing spectacularly but does everything well. Incredibly smart player who knows how to read his keys and breaks on the ball with the best of them. Not a real high ceiling as he’s pretty close to a finished product but he’s ready to step onto a NFL field and play today. He’ll play right away for whoever selects him.

Darian Kinnard (OT) Kentucky- Played OT at Kentucky but as reports have stated he’s probably better suited to OG in the pros. A huge guy at 6’5 345. 3 year starter in the SEC for Kentucky. Road grading run blocking is his specialty. Exact opposite of Faalele as he’s got no problem with a mean streak and he shows it repeatedly on tape. Plays to the whistle constantly. Will need some coaching in pass pro but that shouldn’t be a problem in time. Surprisingly agile for a guy his size. Once he locks on to his man it’s game over for the defender. Really really love his style.

These 11 guys are who I like a lot this early in the process but as always I’m sure more will come on my radar as we go through the draft process. Once again SF great thread!

i wanted Holton Ahlers in the late rounds but he's coming back for the super senior season, so i want him in 2023 now.

I want Jaleel McLaughlin in the late rounds. ...RB out of youngstown state

Back
Top Bottom