Who is your must-have late round gem? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your must-have late round gem?

Ryan Switzer.

I know we don't really need any more WRs. But this guy is an ace when it comes to PR/KR duties. I like Grant, but he puts the ball on the ground and can't get on the field as a WR. I believe Switzer will be an upgrade at KR/PR AND get on the field a lot more than Grant. Then who knows, maybe we can trade Grant for a late round pick.

Ryan Switzer.

I know we don't really need any more WRs. But this guy is an ace when it comes to PR/KR duties. I like Grant, but he puts the ball on the ground and can't get on the field as a WR. I believe Switzer will be an upgrade at KR/PR AND get on the field a lot more than Grant. Then who knows, maybe we can trade Grant for a late round pick.

Agree 100%. I'd absolutely take him in the 5th round, preferably with our last of the 3 5th's. He'd be good Landry insurance too.

I suspect he might end up on the same team as Mitchell Trubisky. Whatever teams are scouting Trubisky the hardest would've noticed this kid the most. Also, I could see Trubisky going to bat for his buddy.

I'm not from Florida and not real familiar with Hurricane squad. I had to look up and see if there is really a guy named "Corn Elder." Real name or nickname? If real...who does that? lol

After watching some of his footage...I like what I see.

I believe it's short for Cornelius

I think Elder is the perfect corner for us. He's long or at least plays long IMO. I'm a Canes fan though lol

I am going to say lb Chase Allen, had good numbers at pro day can be a good special team player and back-ups Timmons and take over in 2 years

I do not know if he is an absolute must have, but he is certainly someone I am rooting for: ILB Connor Harris. He has a lot of obstacles to overcome. While had decent numbers at the Combine(4.73-40, 18-BP, 33-Vert, 114-BJ, 7.13-3Cone, 4.31-Short shuttle, 11.84-60yd shuttle), you do not look and say he is the 2nd coming of Von Miller. Another knock on him is that he went to D-2 Lindenwood, so he is going to knocked for his competition. He is also not the tallest guy 5'11", so I am sure the so-called "experts" will say he is going to get engulfed by OL.

But putting the negatives aside, this is a guy who plays with reckless abandon. He has great instincts, can play all 3 downs, instant stop/start quickness and change of direction ability-always attacking downhill. Plus he is a wrap up and drive though tackler, no arm tackles here. But it does not stop there, wrap your head around these numbers. Harris ended his career with 633 total tackles(let me state that again-633 total tackles), the most in the history of NCAA football at any level. Among that total was collecting 184 tackles as a junior, a NCAA Division II single-season record. Also in his career, he recorded 34 tackles for loss, six interceptions, 14 pass breakups, three forced fumbles, and five fumble recoveries. He punted 19 times for a 38.8 average, recovered two onside kicks by the opposing teams, and was a perfect 12-of-12 on PAT attempts. He was also a part-time offensive player during his career, averaging 6.8 yards per rush and having seven rushing touchdowns.

Back
Top Bottom