Who is your top 10 RB's? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your top 10 RB's?

• Joseph Addai: Some will argue that it's the system, but Addai has put up over 1400 total yards in each of his first 2 seasons. That's impressive.

I watch the Colts play a lot because my best friend is a Colts fan. On approx. half of Addai's touches, he goes untouhced for a good 7 or 8 yards.

I watch the Colts play a lot because my best friend is a Colts fan. On approx. half of Addai's touches, he goes untouhced for a good 7 or 8 yards.
So he's elusive too? I'm only kidding. I get what you mean. Still, going untouched isn't his fault. He's just playing well within a system which suits him and he happens to be a good back for that system.

He led the league in yardage, the offensive line was mediocre at best, teams focused on him and still couldn't stop him, but yet it was a fluke. Surely there's no way Ronnie Brown is a top five back. OK.

Through 6 games he was the leading rusher in the NFL and that was due to the 4 100 yard games against 3 of the worst rushing defenses in the league.
Granted Ronnie Brown was doing great but I just did not realize greatness was based on a 4 game stetch. He has had 1 1000 yard season in 3 years and to rate him as on of the top five backs in the league has no basis except homerism. Can he be a top five back, possibly but he is not there yet. At this point he doesn't even compare to LT, S Jax, A Pete, b westbrook or F Gore.

1. LT
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Frank Gore
6. Joseph Addai
7. Larry Johnson
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Willie Parker
10. Marion Barber III

Others in relative order: F.Taylor, Portis, Jones-Drew, Maroney, R.Grant, McGahee, Lynch, J.Lewis, D.McAllister, C.Taylor, B.Jacobs, T.Jones.....

......158.Cedric Benson, 159.Shaun Alexander

Through 6 games he was the leading rusher in the NFL and that was due to the 4 100 yard games against 3 of the worst rushing defenses in the league.
Granted Ronnie Brown was doing great but I just did not realize greatness was based on a 4 game stetch. He has had 1 1000 yard season in 3 years and to rate him as on of the top five backs in the league has no basis except homerism. Can he be a top five back, possibly but he is not there yet. At this point he doesn't even compare to LT, S Jax, A Pete, b westbrook or F Gore.

and through 7 weeks he was leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage and even though he never played again, 2 weeks later he was STILL leading the league in yards form scrimmage!! Oh...and did I mention he had a total of 22 carries in the first 2 weeks??

He hasn't produced top-10 RB numbers yet....but if you are evaluating the talent of the RB's around the league...it isn't crazy to put him that high.

can't believe some of you dolphins fans don't give credit to ronnie brown

I'm not a dolphin fan, but he's definitely one of the best

1 LT(obvious choice)
2 Westbrook
3 Steven Jackson (ran great despite an awful o line)
4 Willie Parker
5 Frank Gore
6 Clinton Portis (one of the most complete backs in the league)
7 Fred Taylor
8 Ronnie Brown
9 Willis McGahee
10 Joseph Addai

I'm still not sold on Peterson, his o line is great an he was just a rookie, if he continues to improve he will be in my top 10. he's impressive no doubt, but I still have to see more of him

Larry Johnson an Shaun Alexander were good because of their o line, not saying they're bad, but they aren't top 10

Barber doesn't seem like a back you could give 300 plus carries a season, he's great at what he does in dallas right now, but he is not top 10

MJD will be up there soon, but he has Freddy T getting most carries so he hasn't show all he's got. ryan grant could be up there soon too

Jamal Lewis is like 11 to me, nobody thought he still had it in him and look at his 2007 season

and through 7 weeks he was leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage and even though he never played again, 2 weeks later he was STILL leading the league in yards form scrimmage!! Oh...and did I mention he had a total of 22 carries in the first 2 weeks??

He hasn't produced top-10 RB numbers yet....but if you are evaluating the talent of the RB's around the league...it isn't crazy to put him that high.

My bad then I guess Hershal walker is the greatest runningback of all time based on just his talent not his results. Because perceived talent is much more proof than actual results.

My bad then I guess Hershal walker is the greatest runningback of all time based on just his talent not his results. Because perceived talent is much more proof than actual results.

Substitute Bo Jackson and you MIGHT have an argument. ;)

Instead, lets just post the top-10 rushers from 2007 and call it a day then! :lol: Why even talk about if the stats are all that matter?

This is how I justify my 'best' argument......if all the players in the league were put into a draft to play 1 season....how would they go off the board. That's where perveived talent AND production are both important. It's 100% completely objective argument.

but I guess you put E.James, F.Taylor, LT, W.Dunn and S.Alexander top-5 because of their 'actual results'.

1. LT
2. Brian Westbrook
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Willie Parker
5. Ronnie Brown
6. Joseph Addai
7. Steven Jackson
8. Larry Johnson
9. Frank Gore
10. Marshawn Lynch

1. L. Tomlinson
  2. A. Perterson
  3. B. Westbrook
  4. W. Parker
  5. R. Brown
  6. F. Gore
  7. M. Jones-Drew
  8. C. Portis
  9. J. Addai
  10. M. Barber

remenber you cant really base this one last year alone, unless they are a rookie. you have to take into consideration who there line is, like Viking o-line is awesome, and Miami O-line stinks. take into consideration there cathcing abilties, block abilities good RZ threat and has vison. LT is the best guy that does it all.

Struggle to see how AP can be considered a top 5 back after one season. The kid has the potential to be one of the greatest, but one good season does'nt make you an elite back. Frank Gore had 1,695 in 2007, Peterson had 1,341, yet many people here have Peterson as their 2nd or 3rd pick.

IMO Peterson has a lot more to prove in the next few seasons before he can be considered an elite back.

Struggle to see how AP can be considered a top 5 back after one season. The kid has the potential to be one of the greatest, but one good season does'nt make you an elite back. Frank Gore had 1,695 in 2007, Peterson had 1,341, yet many people here have Peterson as their 2nd or 3rd pick.

IMO Peterson has a lot more to prove in the next few seasons before he can be considered an elite back.

who would you rather have on your team next year? Who would you take over him?

1- Ladanian Tomlinson SD
2-Steven Jacksin Stl
3-Adrian Peterson Minn
4-Clinton Portis Wash
5-Larry Johnson KC
6-Frank Gore SF
7-Brian Westbrook Phil
8-Shaun Alexander Sea
9-Willie Parker Pitt
10-Fred Taylor Jack

My take

Ño, is all I have to say.