Who should go to the BCS Title game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should go to the BCS Title game

Cuban Dave 9

Wokeup this mornin n I got myself a beer
Reaction score
Alright, I did a little bit of homework for this because this BCS stuff is driving me nuts :tantrum:

About Florida '96 (Florida losses to FSU then beats them for the Championship), well, if you knew your history, you would know that UF played in the SEC championship game and won. Not only that, but many of the top teams lost at the end of that year and it sprung Florida to #2 which them brought them to face FSU in a re-match (Which was a highly unlikely scenerio to begin with, but it happened). This is equivalent to this year if USC, UF, ND, AND ARK lose these upcoming games and conference runner-up, Michigan, gets in (I am sure NO ONE would have a problem if that happened).

What you have this year is a lot of deserving 1 lost team, and those in the SEC are tired of getting jobbed out of the Championship. It is sad that a system made by a member of the SEC keeps getting that conference screwed over.

So I suggest this, Standards for a Chmapionship Game bid that should be applied with these one loss teams:

1) Win your conference
2) Do not lose at home
3) Do not lose to an unranked team
4) Do not get your second loss

USC/ND and UF/Ark will eventually fall because of #4...UM falls because of #1...ND still falls because of #2...USC falls because of #3. Should UF lose to Ark, then yes, Michigan all the way because of the better loss than all the rest!

BUT, if UF beats FSU and the Hogs, how could you go against them?

So you pretty much created a system whereby the only remaining contender was UF? :chuckle:

In all seriousness, IMO, if UF beats Ark, they deserve to be in the Nat'l championship. I just wouldn't enjoy the big heads trying to fit through the doors of this place. :rolleyes:

WestVirginiaFan said:
Boise State hasnt played anybody. They dont deserve a BCS bid
They're still one of only 2 undefeateds. No one expected Rutgers to win as many as they did but they did it. Who's to say Boise state couldn't compete? Until they get the chance, you'll never know.

And if Boise State finishes undefeated, they will have exceeded the criteria that was presented. And I asked, with that criteria, how could you not put them in?

The problem with your standards is that they were clearly made to exclude everyone but your team. Coincidence, I think not

DonShula84 said:
The problem with your standards is that they were clearly made to exclude everyone but your team. Coincidence, I think not

:lol:

I have an idea, why don't we wait 2 weeks and see where everyone stands? As hard as it is, it should make things alot clearer, hopefully. :D

DonShula84 said:

:lol:

you can't make it so you have to win your conference to play for the title. there's a loophole involving the Big 10 where a team could finish 2nd without playing the team that wins the conference, yet still be considered by everyone to be the best team in the conference. i think maybe this can happen in the pac 10, too....

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Alright, I did a little bit of homework for this because this BCS stuff is driving me nuts :tantrum:

About Florida '96 (Florida losses to FSU then beats them for the Championship), well, if you knew your history, you would know that UF played in the SEC championship game and won. Not only that, but many of the top teams lost at the end of that year and it sprung Florida to #2 which them brought them to face FSU in a re-match (Which was a highly unlikely scenerio to begin with, but it happened). This is equivalent to this year if USC, UF, ND, AND ARK lose these upcoming games and conference runner-up, Michigan, gets in (I am sure NO ONE would have a problem if that happened).

What you have this year is a lot of deserving 1 lost team, and those in the SEC are tired of getting jobbed out of the Championship. It is sad that a system made by a member of the SEC keeps getting that conference screwed over.

So I suggest this, Standards for a Chmapionship Game bid that should be applied with these one loss teams:

1) Win your conference
2) Do not lose at home
3) Do not lose to an unranked team
4) Do not get your second loss

USC/ND and UF/Ark will eventually fall because of #4...UM falls because of #1...ND still falls because of #2...USC falls because of #3. Should UF lose to Ark, then yes, Michigan all the way because of the better loss than all the rest!

BUT, if UF beats FSU and the Hogs, how could you go against them?

What about teams like Notre Dame who do not play in a conference?

HysterikiLL said:
So you pretty much created a system whereby the only remaining contender was UF? :chuckle:

In all seriousness, IMO, if UF beats Ark, they deserve to be in the Nat'l championship. I just wouldn't enjoy the big heads trying to fit through the doors of this place. :rolleyes:

Cuban Davie has no idea what I was talking about when I said a Florida bias.:shakeno::lol:

I think it's up to 4 teams:

-USC if they win out
-UF if they win out and USC loses close to ND
-ND if they blow out USC
-Mich if USC loses close and UF loses.

Back
Top Bottom