Who should go to the BCS Title game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should go to the BCS Title game

according to CBS they say its IMPOSSIBLE for Arkansas or ND to go even if they win out.

That its either USC, Mich, or Florida (not in any special order).

I'd love to see Oregon St. play South Carolina in a bowl game, just to see if the commentators can keep a straight face for three hours whilst refering to the game as a 'metting between the Beavers and the '****s'.

:chuckle:

south20carolina1-1.jpg

Damn, tuff loss for Arkansas . . but this really hurts UF. I had them as an outside shot to the BCS game . . but them beating a 10-1 Arkansas teams would have been more impressive than a 10-2 ARkansas team. IMO, its down to USC and Michigan . . . if USC wins out, they probably get the nod . . but I don't think they will beat ND, and we will have a rematch of Ohio State and Michigan . .. which will be the biggest rematch maybe of all time in the BCS title game.

Kdawg954 said:
Damn, tuff loss for Arkansas . . but this really hurts UF. I had them as an outside shot to the BCS game . . but them beating a 10-1 Arkansas teams would have been more impressive than a 10-2 ARkansas team. IMO, its down to USC and Michigan . . . if USC wins out, they probably get the nod . . but I don't think they will beat ND, and we will have a rematch of Ohio State and Michigan . .. which will be the biggest rematch maybe of all time in the BCS title game.

Oh you didn't hear?

SUPERPOWER-99
NEUTERED DAME- 11

I gotta say that SC should go split squad and then play themselves for the title. Realistically that is the only way to decide who the true champ is.

Kdawg954 said:

:yes: :(

My predictions for today:

all ranked teams lose.

USC and Notre Dame both forfeit to each other.

Michigan forfeits an early season game when it is discovered they used an illegal equipment manager.

Ohio State plays wake forest for national championshiop.

Metal Panda said:
My predictions for today:

all ranked teams lose.

USC and Notre Dame both forfeit to each other.

Michigan forfeits an early season game when it is discovered they used an illegal equipment manager.

Ohio State plays wake forest for national championshiop.

:sidelol:

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Alright, I did a little bit of homework for this because this BCS stuff is driving me nuts :tantrum:

About Florida '96 (Florida losses to FSU then beats them for the Championship), well, if you knew your history, you would know that UF played in the SEC championship game and won. Not only that, but many of the top teams lost at the end of that year and it sprung Florida to #2 which them brought them to face FSU in a re-match (Which was a highly unlikely scenerio to begin with, but it happened). This is equivalent to this year if USC, UF, ND, AND ARK lose these upcoming games and conference runner-up, Michigan, gets in (I am sure NO ONE would have a problem if that happened).

What you have this year is a lot of deserving 1 lost team, and those in the SEC are tired of getting jobbed out of the Championship. It is sad that a system made by a member of the SEC keeps getting that conference screwed over.

So I suggest this, Standards for a Chmapionship Game bid that should be applied with these one loss teams:

1) Win your conference
2) Do not lose at home
3) Do not lose to an unranked team
4) Do not get your second loss

USC/ND and UF/Ark will eventually fall because of #4...UM falls because of #1...ND still falls because of #2...USC falls because of #3. Should UF lose to Ark, then yes, Michigan all the way because of the better loss than all the rest!

BUT, if UF beats FSU and the Hogs, how could you go against them?

Come on Cuban Dave, surely you remember UF was #3, not #2 heading into their bowl game vs FSU that year. #3 UF blew out #1 FSU, and #4 Ohio St barely beat #2 Arizona St (led by Jake the Snake Plummer) to give UF the title.

The presence of the four 1 loss teams at the end of the year was part of the impetus for the creation of the BCS.

Back
Top Bottom