who was your fav miami running back (Poll) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was your fav miami running back (Poll)

How about the great John Avery the "savior" of the JJ offense? But seriously, one of my favorite runners to watch was Aaron Craver. We went at it like there was no tomorrow. He threw his body around with recless abandon, especially at the goal line.

Larry Csonka

Anybody who doesn't say that can't be old enough to remember that era, and I can understand that. Csonk was a freaking bull, had his nose broken like 13 times and wouldn't come out. Csonk was always listed at like 235 pounds, but Jim Mandich says he was really closer to 280, he physically punished defenses.

I always liked the story Csonk told of the time they were playing the Bears and he had been gang tackled like he usually was, and he was on the bottom of a pile and felt this burning pain in his forearm, he looked over and saw Dick Butkus biting his arm.

My second choice was Mercury Morris, blazing fast and he could bench press more than anybody on the team, if he had not had to play second fiddle to Csonka I think he would have been an All-time great.

Ricky would probably be third, but thats only because of ability, there were several other runners I liked better for reasons of character, heart etc etc........

I wasn't even born when Zonk was in his prime. My dad said he was awesome and I've seen film of him just punishing people.
But my vote goes to Bernie Parmalee. He had a great story and worked hard. And he was a good running back.

And Aaron Craver has to get an honorable mention for that 20+ yard TD run against the Chargers in the '92 playoffs (I think that was the year). He gave a forearm to one of their DBs that still gives me shivers.

DrAstroZoom said:
I was shocked to see only one mention of Tony Nathan. A running back on a passing team, Nathan fit in perfectly. A model for today's versatile back, Nathan could get the tough yards when called upon, but was at his most dangerous receiving.

I'm guessing that more than a few don't remember Nathan.

ricky, and its not even close. despite the BS, he is an amazing talent and incredibly fun to watch.

think of it like this guys, if his head was on straight, he'd still be in new orleans.

_dan24 said:
I'm still going with Ricky... When he has his mind in check (see 2002 stats). He is the best in the league.

Other than that Larry Csonka was fun to watch.

Larry Csonka retired in 1979. It says your 22 years old meaning you were born in 1982. So how many games do you remember watching him in?

Gotta be Csonka. He would draw unsportsmanlike penalties for running over defenders who got in his way.

Well it was Ricky, but I did like Lamar Smith, his 17-yard game winning TD run in OT against the Colts in the 2000 playoffs was friggin' amazing.

beam said:
Larry Csonka retired in 1979. It says your 22 years old meaning you were born in 1982. So how many games do you remember watching him in?
:roflmao: :0wned: :0wned:

relive1972 said:
Gotta be Csonka. He would draw unsportsmanlike penalties for running over defenders who got in his way.

I thought my sig was cool.

finfan54 said:
Larry csonka. he defined football. and he didnt quit. he just went to another league.
Zonks my favorite. He came back to the Dolphins in 1979 for one year. He was also the running back for the Giants when Herm Edwards picked up the fumble and ran it back for a TD to give the Eagles the victory. Giants should have taken the knee! :roflmao:

Tony Paige was a hell of a lead blocker at fullback.

Back
Top Bottom