who was your fav miami running back (Poll) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was your fav miami running back (Poll)

I`d probably go with Csonka and Mercury Morris (first tandem in NFL history to each have 1,000 yds. in the same season. 14 games no less!). Delvin Williams was great the year he ran for 1,200+ yards in 1978. Honorable mention to The Bowling Ball Don Nottingham, a TD scoring machine. I`m 38, so I remember watching all those guys play.

Gotta go Bernie, Parm was a RB with heart, desire and he did pretty damn good given the situation

My favorite probably Bernie for his heart. But that aside I would say Czonk because he would just run over people. And of course I liked Tony Nathan for his athleticism. I remember him playing the jets and he jumped over a guy trying to tackle him. And also Overstreet looked like something that could have been special. And I can't leave stoner boy Ricky out. Because had he stayed and not been getting high i think he would have topped everyone else.

Gotta Bee..

only one could fit that category - Csonka. I am old enough to remember, and did watch him, and saw him tear the heart of our more than a few really good teams. Today, with modern training and nutrition, he would have weighed about 275, still have been as fast, even stronger, and drawn the same number of flags for Unneccesary Roughness while running the football. Ask Pat Fischer about trying to arm tackle Larry, or Willie Lanier or Butkus about taking him head on.

RevRick said:
only one could fit that category - Csonka. I am old enough to remember, and did watch him, and saw him tear the heart of our more than a few really good teams. Today, with modern training and nutrition, he would have weighed about 275, still have been as fast, even stronger, and drawn the same number of flags for Unneccesary Roughness while running the football. Ask Pat Fischer about trying to arm tackle Larry, or Willie Lanier or Butkus about taking him head on.
Love your quote Rev.I am an old salt :navy: so I know where you are coming from.:sailor:

Larry Csonka
Jim Kiick

I remember seeing those 2 guys kick the crap out of people. It seemed like defenses hated playing against them, 'cuz they were the ones doing the hitting. That was back when players got nice and bloody and muddy all the time. Too bad TV technology was so poor back then. That must really have been something crazy to see up close.

Risky Williams for sure!

Man some of those names brought back some memories....

bobdroopy said:
Definitely Matt Turk, His 12 yard scramble last year against philly was amazing :D
Sadly Matt has actually rushed for more yards than many of the Dolphins former Running Backs. :lol:

since I have been only been a fin fan for about 15 years I am going to have to say Ricky. In 2002 he dominated like I have never seen a fin RB do before.

I started watching the Dolphins in '75 so I missed Morris, Kiick and Csonka in his prime.
Ricky had one great year, not enough for me.
I always had a soft spot for Tony Nathan. He made big plays and though he never rushed for big yardage, during his time with Miami Shula used a lot of RB by committee. The thing to note about Nathan is his yards per carry. Pretty impressive.
Att Yds Avg TD
1979 mia 16 68 4.2 0
1980 mia 60 327 5.5 1
1981 mia 147 782 5.3 5
1982 mia 66 233 3.5 1
1983 mia 151 685 4.5 3
1984 mia 118 558 4.7 1
1985 mia 143 667 4.7 5
1986 mia 27 203 7.5 0
1987 mia 4 20 5.0 0

Larry Csonka, up until I saw Ricky run for Miami! Funny how they both were favorites of mine (bought jerseys, football cards) and they both turned their backs on the Dolphins (and me).

I was a 12 year old kid when Csonka, Kiick and Warfield jumped to the WFL. That was as much of a kick in the balls as Williams choosing ganja over my favorite team.

camanda said:
Larry Csonka, up until I saw Ricky run for Miami! Funny how they both were favorites of mine (bought jerseys, football cards) and they both turned their backs on the Dolphins (and me).

I was a 12 year old kid when Csonka, Kiick and Warfield jumped to the WFL. That was as much of a kick in the balls as Williams choosing ganja over my favorite team.

Tight assed Joe Robbie allowed Zonk to walk over a measly $70,000. Cost us a couple more SBs.

Back
Top Bottom