Who will break out next year in the season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will break out next year in the season?

MIKE HART. Most people already know what he is capable of but his freshman year he was overshadowed by the fact that Adrian Peterson was putting up such good numbers plus having Edwards playing with him he never got much press. Last year he was hurt for the majority of the year and still managed to somehow put up 700 yards rushing and 200 yards receiving despite not really playing much. This year if he can stay healthy I believe he could put up some really great numbers even while playing in the Big Ten.

Add Charles from Texas, Slaton from WVU, Keller from ASU, and I really think Troy Smith from OSU is going to have a great season but I wouldnt consider him a "break out" player because he played really well last year.

SMadison29 said:
It's gonna be tough for James Davis because they got 5-star RB CJ Spiller who wasn't recruited to sit.
that was quite a pull for them. still, i think davis will earn his starting job.

Philter25 said:
Add Charles from Texas, Slaton from WVU, Keller from ASU, and I really think Troy Smith from OSU is going to have a great season but I wouldnt consider him a "break out" player because he played really well last year.

I dont disagree w/ Keller if he starts. But I cant really see them just handing the job back to him after the way Rudy Carpenter played as a true freshman

DonShula84 said:
I dont disagree w/ Keller if he starts. But I cant really see them just handing the job back to him after the way Rudy Carpenter played as a true freshman
i think with the way team team appears to be coming into its own for this upcoming year, and with new additions on defense, they're going to give keller the job by default. because when you're trying to win your conference, you gotta go with the more experienced guy. doesn't mean he won't be on a short leash and that they won't pull him the second things go bad. i just hope they don't do a 2-quarterback thing...that won't work.

Juan Cribbs said:
i think with the way team team appears to be coming into its own for this upcoming year, and with new additions on defense, they're going to give keller the job by default. because when you're trying to win your conference, you gotta go with the more experienced guy. doesn't mean he won't be on a short leash and that they won't pull him the second things go bad. i just hope they don't do a 2-quarterback thing...that won't work.

i dunno. carpenter won with that team last year, keller didnt really. IMO it will be an open competition. we'll have to see, carpenter could win that job. he played great last year.

We might be able to take Minnesota RB Gary Russell off the list:

Gophers RB no-show this spring… Minnesota junior RB Gary Russell, a potential high pick in either 2007 or 2008, has not enrolled in classes the for spring semester, and therefore will be ineligible for the Gophers' spring practices. No reason was given for Russell’s absence; the school also has not released when, or if, Russell will return. Last fall, the 5-10, 205-pound Russell gained 1,130 yards on the ground as he averaged over 6 yards per carry while sharing time with Laurence Maroney who is expected to be a first round pick in this year’s NFL draft. Russell also set a single-season school record 19 total TDs as a sophomore in 2005.

MelbournePhin said:
lorenzo booker, antone smith, and drew weatherford :) yes, i am a homer

In the biggest way

SMadison29 said:
We might be able to take Minnesota RB Gary Russell off the list:

wow, just saw bottom espn that he will leave school and go to a juco college.

SpeedRush99 said:
In the biggest way

:goof:

im a realistic homer. for example, i predicted the gators to beat us this year. i just hate the gators and i have to deal with my brother,sister, and dad being gator alums

MelbournePhin said:
:goof:

im a realistic homer. for example, i predicted the gators to beat us this year. i just hate the gators and i have to deal with my brother,sister, and dad being gator alums
black sheep apparently.

Nappy Roots said:
wow, just saw bottom espn that he will leave school and go to a juco college.

He should be back for the fall if he gets his grades up.

Andre Caldwell, will be the go to WR for Leak in their 2nd year of Meyer's system.

SpeedRush99 said:
Andre Caldwell, will be the go to WR for Leak in their 2nd year of Meyer's system.

Hopefully he's healthy because honestly I think he's better than Chad Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom