Who will break out next year in the season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will break out next year in the season?

SMadison29 said:
Hopefully he's healthy because honestly I think he's better than Chad Jackson.

Very possible, I've always liked Caldwell. I read an article the other day where he was quoted as saying he thinks next year will be a break out year for him. I hope he's right.

SpeedRush99 said:
Very possible, I've always liked Caldwell. I read an article the other day where he was quoted as saying he thinks next year will be a break out year for him. I hope he's right.

Well I hope so too cause Urban Meyer's Offense is to get the ball to people who can make other people miss and Caldwell was the Only Gator WR who could actually do that. Harvin is gunna be good next year with Caldwell too. Can't wait now that Leak actually has some recviers who will catch and than make a couple moves and make people miss!

SpeedRush99 said:

It's gonna have to be a breakout year for him because he's a senior. Make of break time.

Skeet84 said:
Can't wait now that Leak actually has some recviers who will catch and than make a couple moves and make people miss!

He's had them ever since he's been there.

SpeedRush99 said:
He's had them ever since he's been there.

You know that coming from any other fan is acceptable, But a Gator fan? Thats unreal. I mean tell me one person last year ( Because I am only accounting for Urban Meyer's System not Ron Zook ) that could make people miss in the open field. There was no one other than Caldwell. Jackson is a good WR, But he can't make people miss and either could Dallas Baker.

Skeet84 said:
You know that coming from any other fan is acceptable, But a Gator fan? Thats unreal. I mean tell me one person last year ( Because I am only accounting for Urban Meyer's System not Ron Zook ) that could make people miss in the open field. There was no one other than Caldwell. Jackson is a good WR, But he can't make people miss and either could Dallas Baker.

Jackson was quite good at making people miss, as was Jemelle Corneilius, who filled in nicely after Caldwell went down. O.J. Small was also very good at making people miss Leak's first two years. Don't tell me he hasn't had any WRs, THATS unreal.

SpeedRush99 said:
Jackson was quite good at making people miss, as was Jemelle Corneilius, who filled in nicely after Caldwell went down. O.J. Small was also very good at making people miss Leak's first two years. Don't tell me he hasn't had any WRs, THATS unreal.

Tell me when you decide to read everything I say and not just what you want to ok? I said under Urban Meyer which would elimanite OJ Small. Jackson is a great WR, But does not make alot of people miss after the catch. Jemalle Corneilius he can make people miss after the catch?? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134507 It looks like he could not make many people miss other than Kentucky..

Skeet84 said:
Tell me when you decide to read everything I say and not just what you want to ok? I said under Urban Meyer which would elimanite OJ Small. Jackson is a great WR, But does not make alot of people miss after the catch. Jemalle Corneilius he can make people miss after the catch?? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134507 It looks like he could not make many people miss other than Kentucky..

I give up. Never realized Florida's WRs were so bad at "making people miss".

SpeedRush99 said:
I was expanding on what I said thanks. Try reading alittle bit. I said that he has had quality WRs since he's been there, as in CHRIS LEAK. But I wouldn't expect you to comprehend that because you wanna focus on the first and only year of a brand new offensive system. Leak is not as great as you make him out to be.

The first and only year of a brand new offense? Ummm No he has had three different offense of systems his first three years at Florida and I don't make him out to be great. He can be at times. Well Like I said he did not have quilaty WR's last year other than Chad Jackson.

Skeet84 said:
The first and only year of a brand new offense? Ummm No he has had three different offense of systems his first three years at Florida and I don't make him out to be great. He can be at times. Well Like I said he did not have quilaty WR's last year other than Chad Jackson.

Yes, first and only year according to your point of "Only refering to Meyer's system"!!!!!!!

Ever heard of Dallas Baker?

SpeedRush99 said:
Yes, first and only year according to your point of "Only refering to Meyer's system"!!!!!!!

Ever heard of Dallas Baker?

Yeah he was not a make you miss guy. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=127394 He also was not that good of a WR either. He just makes it over Decent. Like I said Chad Jackson only WR they had. Well that was any good anyway.

Skeet84 said:
Yeah he was not a make you miss guy. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=127394 He also was not that good of a WR either. He just makes it over Decent. Like I said Chad Jackson only WR they had. Well that was any good anyway.

I'll take any "decent" WR that puts up 147 yards, 2 TDs and gets MVP of their Bowl game. All these stat links your posting don't back up your point at all because they don't have YAC. If anything posting Baker's stats proved my point, 700 yards and 5 TDs ain't bad, not to mention his 13.4 yard/catch average for the whole season.

SpeedRush99 said:
I'll take any "decent" WR that puts up 147 yards, 2 TDs and gets MVP of their Bowl game. All these stat links your posting don't back up your point at all because they don't have YAC. If anything posting Baker's stats proved my point, 700 yards and 5 TDs ain't bad, not to mention his 13.4 yard/catch average for the whole season.

Strengths: Has impressive natural physical tools. He is tall, well-built and strong. He has good top-end speed for his size. He shows the ability to get over the top of defenders as a vertical route runner. He has long arms, big hands and good leaping ability. Will flash acrobatic playmaking skills. Is a weapon on the jump ball and in the red zone. He flashes the ability to make the tough catch in traffic. He is a tough runner after the catch. Shows good fluidity and COD skills for his size. Can make the first defender miss after the catch and he builds speed as he goes. He also has the size and strength to be an effective stalk-blocker if he works at it harder.

Weaknesses: Was an underachiever for the first three seasons of his collegiate career. Lacks savvy and recognition skills. His effort and aggressiveness tends to vary. He doesn't always seem confident in his routes. He seems to lack some toughness. His focus is entirely too inconsistent. He dropped too many catchable passes early in his career. He has good speed for his size but seems to lack initial burst and takes too long to get to top speed. His technique as a blocker is poor and his effort in that area is too inconsistent.

Overall: Baker played sparingly as a true freshman in 2002. He played in all 13 games as a sophomore in 2003, finishing with 13 receptions for 209 yards and one TD. As a junior in 2004, he played in a rotation in all 12 games and finished with 26 catches for 410 yards and five TDs. Baker had been an underachiever leading up to his senior season in 2005. He was slowed by a lingering ankle injury late in the season but Baker emerged as a consistent playmaker with an average of nearly five catches for 60 yards in the team's first eight games this season. He has always had impressive physical tools; he is big and strong with above average speed for his size. However, Baker is only now showing consistency in terms of effort, route-running, hands and aggressiveness as a receiver. Baker does not possess elite speed and he lacks initial burst to drive defenders off the line of scrimmage. In all reality, he projects as nothing more than a sub-package possession receiver in the NFL. But because of his size, natural athletic ability and strong senior season, Baker might be worth the late-round chance in the 2006 draft.

Thats from Mel Kipers draft review on him. It does say he make the first guy miss, But he was not a make you miss kinda of guy like Caldwell who is perfect in the Urban Meyer offense.

Back
Top Bottom