who's the worst franchise in history? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's the worst franchise in history?

obsessivefinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
now before everyone jumps on the saints or cardinals, i want you all to take into consideration, longevity of sadness, teams that have no excuse to have no success... IMO the worst franchise in history is the jets.... their only claim to fame is that one super bowl... since then not even an appearance... this is a franchise in one of the biggest sports markets in the US, they've been around for so long, they even had bill parcells, and STILL nothing... i mean even the bengals MADE it to the super bowl recently, and the cardinals...well they dont have the kind of market the jets have. i think its time people start to recognize how useless the jests are, their one SB wouldnt even be so memorable if there were no guarantee, and just because of that guarantee and that SB people give them so much credit as a franchise and it is completely undeserved.

BTW try to go out on a limb for this one... saints and cardinals is too easy.

I would say the Jets.

The Jets have not been to the Superbowl ever since the name "Superbowl" was official. I find it hard for Jets fans to mock the Dolphins organization.

Detroit is the only team I can think of that might have a more pathetic history than the Jets. But at least the Lions have a cool uniform.

Cards without any doubt. They've rarely fielded a competitive team. The Jets have. The Saints haven't been as frugal as the Cards (Bidwell).

obsessivefinfan said:
now before everyone jumps on the saints or cardinals, i want you all to take into consideration, longevity of sadness, teams that have no excuse to have no success... IMO the worst franchise in history is the jets.... their only claim to fame is that one super bowl... since then not even an appearance... this is a franchise in one of the biggest sports markets in the US, they've been around for so long, they even had bill parcells, and STILL nothing... i mean even the bengals MADE it to the super bowl recently, and the cardinals...well they dont have the kind of market the jets have. i think its time people start to recognize how useless the jests are, their one SB wouldnt even be so memorable if there were no guarantee, and just because of that guarantee and that SB people give them so much credit as a franchise and it is completely undeserved.

BTW try to go out on a limb for this one... saints and cardinals is too easy.

If the Saints and Cardinals are too easy a pick then they probably are the worst franchises. That's what your thread is about.... asking who the worst franchise is right?????

IMO you can't chose a team whose won a championship as the worst franchise. If they've been a champion and others have not how can they be the worst? If you want to say the most hated franchise then I'm on board with the Jets as the pick. As much as it hurts me to stand up for the team I hate more than you can imagine, you can't say the Jets even come close to the worst franchise.

Actually, if you go by franchise winning percentages the Atlanta Falcons are by far the worst franchise by far with a measely .398 all time winning percentage! :eek:

The Falcons are followed closely by the Saints with a .404 all time winning percentage.

Even though the Falcons have a slightly lower all time winning percentage than the Saints, the Falcons have at least been to a Super Bowl and won a conference title. Therefore I have to give my vote to the New Orleans Saints as the worst franchise.

The Cardinals have to be in the mix as well though because the Falcons and Saints have begun to field exciting teams that will turn these organizations around.
The Cardinals however just seem to NEVER take any steps to make themselves a competetive team. The Cards have to be the most pathetically run franchise.

The L.A. Clippers. So awful they transcend the lines of sport. :)

Seriously though, it's probably the Saints. They didn't so much as win a playoff game until their 30th (or so) year of existence. Can you name *ANY* Saints player from more than say, five years ago, who really stands out, other than Archie Manning and the Canton-bound Willie Roaf?

I may hate the Jets, but there's a good bit of history there. A Super Bowl title, a couple AFC Championship appearances, and without a much longer franchise history than the Saints. Remember, without Super Bowl III, the AFL-NFL merger may not happen, or at least not on the relatively equal terms that it did. That's got to count for something.

phunwin said:
The L.A. Clippers. So awful they transcend the lines of sport. :)

Seriously though, it's probably the Saints. They didn't so much as win a playoff game until their 30th (or so) year of existence. Can you name *ANY* Saints player from more than say, five years ago, who really stands out, other than Archie Manning and the Canton-bound Willie Roaf?

they had some good players in the early 90 though , pat swilling was very good for them, rickey jackson too

The Saints have been mediocre at best throughout their history. The Cardinals are pretty bad too, a pretty minimal amount of playoff appearances. Up until a few years ago the Bucs would have been in contention but not now.

I don't like the Jets or anything, but they just won the division two years ago and have been deep into the playoffs not too long ago. They are the only division rival with an all time winning record against us (for now), I think they are nowhere near worst franchise. And they have also won half as many super bowls as we have.

It may be easy to say the Cardinals, but it's easy to say that because it is true. They are a pathetic franchise in every way possible. They can't resign their best players, they are consistently last in attendance, and they suck every year.

The Detroit Lions have to be IMO one of the worst franchises. No championship since 1952 and none in the SuperBowl era. Dispite consistently drafting high year after year, they continually put a sub par team on the field.

Remember, the Cardinals been around since the 20s. They are an old team that has been sucking for a long time.

phunwin said:

I also remember some guy by the name of R. Williams too :D Not sure what happened to him!

Seriously has to be Cards, Saints have tried, Cards have consistently sucked and haven't even bid to win a division title or wild card in recent memory.

MNFINFAN said:
I also remember some guy by the name of R. Williams too :D Not sure what happened to him!

Seriously has to be Cards, Saints have tried, Cards have consistently sucked and haven't even bid to win a division title or wild card in recent memory.

How bout those Falcons though with an All Time .398 winning percentage.

I had no idea. I thought the Cardinals, Lions and Saints would be 1,2,3. The Falcons never entered my mind.

Another little suprising thing that caught my eye was the vaunted Pittsburgh Steeler team. While they have all the championships and great history did any of you know they are actually an under .500 franchise all time? .498 winning percentage. I was pretty shocked at that.

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/story_pdf/W-L_Start_of_2004.pdf

You guys might like this link too which proudly displays some impressive Dolphin history.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/win-loss_records.jsp

Back
Top Bottom