who's the worst franchise in history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's the worst franchise in history?

thanx for ur posts guys... i knew you guys were gonna emphasize how bad the saints and cards are lol its inevitable, but i basically should have said who's the worst BESIDES the saints and cardinals, who are far and away top two. i agree with those who mentioned the lions and falcons, and perhaps if you dont want to say the jets are the worst.... you would at least have to agree that they are the most overrated by far.... anyway, thanx for the stats and stuff, i was just trying to get an interesting discussion goin, and that pittsburgh stat is pretty interesting i guess the steelers either rock or suck :lol:

how about another big city team with only a few god years and one superbowl da bears with out that sb win where would they b in the same boat as the cards and lions and saints even ****tycinccy went to more dances then the bears lions saints and card combined

Let's get serious, yes we haven't won a SB in 36 years but it's been 31 since the Phins last title as well so let's not crow about that. I know you guys have had more success as far as making the playoffs and more winning records but the bottom line is it's been over 30 years for you guys too.

How could the Jets be the worst when we have a SB title while others don't have SBs and others haven't even made SBs. Let's put the Jets bias aside and you'll find the real worst franchise is most likely the Cards. This is a franchise that has made the playoffs 2 times in 50 years and have nevere even made a conf title game.

I vote for the Jets!!

Since the NFL-AFL merger (1970-Present), I believe that the Jets took the longest to win a division title, they had NEVER won the AFC East until 1998, and they haven’t even been to a Super Bowl. The fans are always talking so much crap about how good they are going to be and they never do anything. Even that stupid chant where they reassure each other that they know how to spell the team name is amongst the stupidest things I’ve ever seen.

If you are talking about the worst franchise in all of sports than I would say the Montreal Expos. They are in a constant state of rebuilding. Ironically, they have probably developed more high quality major league talent than anyone in the last 20 years. The problem is that they can't afford to keep their players and are forced to trade stars for prospects. (Randy Johnson, Andres Galaragga, Larry Walker, Andre Dawson, Pedro Martinez, Cliff Floyd, Marquis Grissom, Carl Pavano, Moises Alou, etc. etc. etc).
I feel bad for the Expos. They were a good team in the early 90's. I think the strike of 1994 killed them. They were absolutely loaded and probably would have won the World Series if there had been one.

nyjunc said:
Sound familiar?

Fair enough..........but I live in NJ, so all that I hear is the Jets (and Giants) crap.

In my eyes, the Phins have the players to expect success.......they are just classic underachievers. :cry: ,while the Jets just never really have much at all.

burger13 said:
Fair enough..........but I live in NJ, so all that I hear is the Jets (and Giants) crap.

In my eyes, the Phins have the players to expect success.......they are just classic underachievers. :cry: ,while the Jets just never really have much at all.

Living in NJ do you expect to hear mroe about the dolphins or the local teams?

The Jets have had some very good teams that couldn't get over the hump. '81 & '82, '85 & '86, '98, '02. We have had some very talented teams, we took a major dip throughout most of the 90s as we were defintiely one of the worst teams in the league for a while but since Parcells took over in '97 the Jets have been one of the better teams in the AFC(w/ the exception of last year).

As for Miami, I think you OVERachieved in most of Marino's years, you had Dan and not much else in those years. I believe Dan is the greatest QB of all time and if you surrounded him w/ better talent you would have won a SB or 2.

Trekbiz said:
How bout those Falcons though with an All Time .398 winning percentage.

:judge:

This article does a statistical analysis of the history of NFL franchises and determines who is the worst.

If you don't want to count the Saints or Cardinals, then maybe your topic should have been "Who is the 3rd-Worst Franchise of all time." :)

Back
Top Bottom