who's the worst franchise in history? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's the worst franchise in history?

The Steelers before the SB teams had some pathetic teams going back to the NFL initial seasons which accounts for the low overall win percentage.They were a perennial doormat before the days of parity.:nate:

During modern days I agree the most pathetic teams have been the Cardinals,Saints :shelby: and Lions.

Just because the Bucs won a SB recently doesn't negate how awful they were for decades. I'll bet you their winning percentage isn't that great either.

But seriously, the Cardinals have got to be one of the worst teams in SPORTS history. How can you go that long as a franchise without one legendary player. That's ridiculous. How bad is their management.

ABrownLamp said:
Just because the Bucs won a SB recently doesn't negate how awful they were for decades. I'll bet you their winning percentage isn't that great either.

But seriously, the Cardinals have got to be one of the worst teams in SPORTS history. How can you go that long as a franchise without one legendary player. That's ridiculous. How bad is their management.
Beg to differ with you but the Cardinals are the oldest fanchise in the NFL (Founded in 1898) :cap: they have had many stars many of whom are in the HOF.I would not be surprised if you havent heard of them but here is a partial list;
Jim Thorpe,Ernie Nevers,Curly Lambeau,Dick "Night Train" Lane.Ollie Matson,Charlie Trippi,Charles Bidwill and recently :lol2: Jackie Smith.They are all legendary.Probably a more accurate statement would be "no names"in your 25 yr old history.

Dick Lane played for the Chicago Cardinals over 40 years ago.

Not sure if Trippi counts as a star. He played for the team 50 years ago. The others you listed played over 50 years ago. I'm not even sure if Thorpe could be considered a star from his NFL play. (I really don't know much about his NFL history.) I was not aware that Lambeau played for the Cardinals. But isn't most of his fame from being coach of the Packers?

Anyway, the Cardinals did have some good players, but not much to speak of the past 40 years. Pathetic.

David said:
The Bills.
If you are being sarcastic, then lame.

If you are serious, then does anybody know where I can find a Dolphin discussion forum with some intelligent fans?

december????

hey you, last year my phins where 5-2 over the last 7 games so, so much for december.... and also we have winning all time records IN green bay and buffalo, so there... *sticks tongue out and flippers slaps you*

-- Victoria

Back
Top Bottom