CaneZ4eveR

Finaholic
Reaction score
1. Steve Slaton
2. Brian Brohm
3. Ray Rice?

Darkhorse

Tim Tebow :wink:

McFadden is my front runner, with Brennan and Steve Slaton as hopefuls.

Dark horse is Ian Johnson.

McFadden is my front runner, with Brennan and Steve Slaton as hopefuls.

Dark horse is Ian Johnson.

Doesn't Hawaii open against UF??? Well see how Colt Breenan fares against a (decent) legit defense!!!

I think Brennan. My reasoning is that so much of winning the Heisman can come in the boost from being a pre-season favorite. Even if Brennan has an average season, I think he can fly 35-40 TDs in there, and if he's a top 3 coming in, I don't think anyone will be able to do enough to get past him.

Realistically, McFadden is the next best contender. He can own that thing but I think it's too hard for a RB to win it with the type of talent around today, unless he has the Reggie Bush-like abilites to catch and return as well.

I think Colt McCoy would probably be my #3.

Brohm has never struck me as a Heisman trophy winning guy. He's the type of guy that will gut out an average game with some smart plays that will get a win, rather than firing 20 tds in a 5-OT thriller. Not to say he can't tear it up, because he certainly can with those receivers, but I don't think his stats will really reflect how important he is to his team, whereas I think a guy like Brennan's stats way overestimate how important he really is to his team.

Wow I really can't believe no one has said DeSean Jackson from Cal

Steve Slaton
Darren Mcfaddon
John David Booty

I think Brennan. My reasoning is that so much of winning the Heisman can come in the boost from being a pre-season favorite. Even if Brennan has an average season, I think he can fly 35-40 TDs in there, and if he's a top 3 coming in, I don't think anyone will be able to do enough to get past him.

Realistically, McFadden is the next best contender. He can own that thing but I think it's too hard for a RB to win it with the type of talent around today, unless he has the Reggie Bush-like abilites to catch and return as well.

I think Colt McCoy would probably be my #3.

Brohm has never struck me as a Heisman trophy winning guy. He's the type of guy that will gut out an average game with some smart plays that will get a win, rather than firing 20 tds in a 5-OT thriller. Not to say he can't tear it up, because he certainly can with those receivers, but I don't think his stats will really reflect how important he is to his team, whereas I think a guy like Brennan's stats way overestimate how important he really is to his team.

No way do I see Brennan as a front runner, dark horse maybe but no way front runner. He'd have to out do what he did last year to be considered and that will be hard for him to do. If he has 35 Tds people will say that's nothing compared to what he's done in the past and he wasnt on the radar for the Heisman then, so why give it to him now?

Back
Top Bottom