Who's your favorite offseason addition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite offseason addition

Favorite off-season acquisition?

• Total voters
neither of those 2 rookie dts are ready but I'm betting we are going to camp before we make a move. and if/when we do make a move it's gonna be a dirt cheap one.

I'm guessing that a FA addition will be the #3 with Godchaux as #4. Phillips will start as the #2 but no one knows whether or not he will keep those snaps all season. I agree that they will not bring anyone in until they get a look at the rookies in pads although they could bring someone in with a clause and no guaranteed $ if they are not on the roster in week 1.

There are lots of guys out there but not all are scheme fits....

Jared Odrick, Dan Williams, SenDerrick Marks, Arthur Jones, Roy Miller, Tyson Jackson, Glen Dorsey, Tony McDaniel, Ego Ferguson, Corbin Byant.

I have to say Matt Burke as DC. Promoting from within and the fact that he and Gase seem to be on the same page gives me hope to properly use what talent we have better. To me, losing Joseph was addition by subtraction.

I'm guessing that a FA addition will be the #3 with Godchaux as #4. Phillips will start as the #2 but no one knows whether or not he will keep those snaps all season. I agree that they will not bring anyone in until they get a look at the rookies in pads although they could bring someone in with a clause and no guaranteed $ if they are not on the roster in week 1.

There are lots of guys out there but not all are scheme fits....

Jared Odrick, Dan Williams, SenDerrick Marks, Arthur Jones, Roy Miller, Tyson Jackson, Glen Dorsey, Tony McDaniel, Ego Ferguson, Corbin Byant.
Odrick or Williams for me

Lawrence Timmons was rumored to be playing with turf toe all last season. This accounts for all the casual fans to dismiss him as having lost a step. However, if he's healthy, man...One good year, Lawrence, just give me one good year and you'll be my favorite offseason acquisition.

Timmons had turf toe in 2015. I didn't read anywhere he still had it last season. If so, troublesome sign, it can linger.

Timmons had turf toe in 2015. I didn't read anywhere he still had it last season. If so, troublesome sign, it can linger.

Yeah, that sounds more accurate. I guess they meant to say it was still hampering him.

In terms of best addition, TJ McDonald is probably the best piece of business we did. Rookie level salary for a young guy proven to be a high level starter. Sure he's suspended, but even for half a season and a shot at resigning him its good value. If we cut bait with this guy we'll probably get a comp pick. The downside is more or less non existent and we need a second good safety..

In terms of best addition, TJ McDonald is probably the best piece of business we did. Rookie level salary for a young guy proven to be a high level starter. Sure he's suspended, but even for half a season and a shot at resigning him its good value. If we cut bait with this guy we'll probably get a comp pick. The downside is more or less non existent and we need a second good safety..
Do you get comp after a guy was only on your team for 1 year?

Can't choose just one. I like all our draft picks 1-6 as well as William Hayes. I also like Timmons as a leader and a thumper.

Do you get comp after a guy was only on your team for 1 year?
Yes, but the quality of pick you get depends on salary he signs for, playing time and player honours. With TJ only playing half a season at best, it wouldnt be a high pick. But for the original cost it's another reason to call it the offseason best move.

Keeping Stills was our best move this year

Back
Top Bottom