Why can't teams beat the Patriots | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why can't teams beat the Patriots

Why not set the trend instead of constantly adjusting to it? I know Adam Gase is a bright coach and the main reason I think he was hired was to match wits with Bill Bellichick who is known for his defensive brilliance.

Miami has rarely been a trend setter. I think back to 2008 when the team unleashed the wildcat. True it wasn't a long-term success, but it did give the team a short-term window and helped the Dolphins win a division title. On the way, the team had a blow out win against New England. One of the few times Beilichick's team wasn't prepared. How could he be? He'd not seen that before.

Trend setting doesn't need to be dramatic like the wildcat, but having something a little different here and there isn't a bad thing. What is the next trend? How can Miami capitalize on something that could lift the team to another level? Not sure the answer there.

I will say this. The draft is loaded with safety talent this year. If the Dolphins can find a hybrid safety that could help the team better match-up with New England's passing game. Just a thought.

Why not set the trend instead of constantly adjusting to it? I know Adam Gase is a bright coach and the main reason I think he was hired was to match wits with Bill Bellichick who is known for his defensive brilliance.

BB is also the creator of the offensive scheme they play. Who better to design an offense than a defensive mastermind? He's spent a lot of picks and FA's trying to put together the dominant 2 TE offense.t provides so many options with the same personnel on the field.

It took 10yrs plus to get there, but they've had Gronk and the murderer, now Bennett.

Another thing, Bennett was quoted on media day, wondering why they continued to run sprints up hill and play in pads since xmas. The reason was evident when ATL D got gassed and the Pats seemed to not feel it at all.

All true, plus their overall coaching staff and the work they put in.

Check out this article: So you want to work for Bill Belichick?

http://www.masslive.com/patriots/index.ssf/2016/12/bill_belichick_patriots_coachi.html

Thanks. Great read on Belichick's hiring process. The endless hours of work and attention to detail needed for an entry level position is intense. Incredible how the coaches described that the absurd level of detail required for film breakdown resulted in maybe 5 plays per hour. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom