Why didnt we just concentrate on fixing 2013 problems? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why didnt we just concentrate on fixing 2013 problems?

$2.5 M was decent value for Carroll as a backup but you don't go into the season with him penciled in as your starter....

Finnegan could be the steal of free agency or he could be a total bust and this signing in particular will tell me a lot about Mr. Hickey.

if mosley is there you have to take him at 19, no questions asked. or try to trade down and grab shazier. just my opinion

Finnegan is no steal at $5.5m!

Carroll would have had to compete for a starting spot with Taylor who I like a lot. Our pass D was not the issue last year. Together with Jordan hopefully getting more snaps I would have preferred using the cap room and concentrated on O'line.

Granted ppl may not have wanted to sign but I'm sure we could have picked up two decent OT's allowing, Garner, Tjomas, Brenner, Shelley Smith and any draftees to compete for Gaurd spots

Again.....as in your other long winded "rush to judgement" Dolphin bashing theads....you assume and your threads make the assumption that your talent evalution skills are superior to the GM's. This is not Madden and your opinion is not fact.

In my opinion, Clemmons was nothing special and did not make enough plays...same for Carroll.

I see an improved Defense with the moves made, and while I do wish we could have been successful in getting another quality O-lineman or two in free agency, I realize you can't get everything you want, there are 31 other teams for players to consider.

I will refrain from Dolphin bashing until I see the final result of the assembled team.

Again.....as in your other long winded "rush to judgement" Dolphin bashing theads....you assume and your threads make the assumption that your talent evalution skills are superior to the GM's. This is not Madden and your opinion is not fact.

In my opinion, Clemmons was nothing special and did not make enough plays...same for Carroll.

I see an improved Defense with the moves made, and while I do wish we could have been successful in getting another quality O-lineman or two in free agency, I realize you can't get everything you want, there are 31 other teams for players to consider.

I will refrain from Dolphin bashing until I see the final result of the assembled team.

Why is you opinion better than mine?

Without questioning, commenting or stating your opinion regarding sports you would have no forums, chat shows, certain newspaper articles or even the most important thing banter with mates.

Sometimes I wonder why people are on forums?

One has to admit that Joe is going to look for his fits and have not commitment to Ireland's picks. Just the way it is. Carroll improved last year, but gave up some big throws in even bigger spots.

Look, im not championing Nolan Carroll here. Im questioning why we would choose to pay more for a player (Finnegan), who played worse and let one who is younger and more familiar with system go.

New GM - New Direction... Out with some old and in with some new... it was bound to happen.

Cant we just look to the future with some hope that our new GM knows what he wants and what he wants will translate into better play, playoff berths, playoff wins and a SB ring soon :)

Also we cannot argue about how player will play this year until we see them actually play and given that Finnegan was visually impaired and in pain but still played through it I am looking forward to seeing him regain his form and lay the wood, he is nasty and aggressive and we seriously lacked that last year... ! I want some attitude!!!

Finnegan is no steal at $5.5m!

Carroll would have had to compete for a starting spot with Taylor who I like a lot. Our pass D was not the issue last year. Together with Jordan hopefully getting more snaps I would have preferred using the cap room and concentrated on O'line.

Granted ppl may not have wanted to sign but I'm sure we could have picked up two decent OT's allowing, Garner, Tjomas, Brenner, Shelley Smith and any draftees to compete for Gaurd spots

The pass D may not have been a problem but it wasn't exactly what Philbin wanted it to be either, he wants backs that make plays on the ball, ie create turnovers. Neither Carroll nor Clemmons fit the playmaker bill, sure they were both dependable decent players but we're striving for something more than dependable.

And if Taylor is as good as you hope he'll get the opportunity to prove it, especially if Finnegan is as bad as you expect.

Why is you opinion better than mine?

Without questioning, commenting or stating your opinion regarding sports you would have no forums, chat shows, certain newspaper articles or even the most important thing banter with mates.

Sometimes I wonder why people are on forums?

Opinion is one thing...preemptively bashing with an air of superiority as if the team is stupid is quite another.

"How to Draft"? Really? How many drafts have you conducted as a GM? "Why Didn't We Just Concentrate on Fixing 2013's Problems?"......Uh, from where I am sitting that is exactly what they are doing!

Look, im not championing Nolan Carroll here. Im questioning why we would choose to pay more for a player (Finnegan), who played worse and let one who is younger and more familiar with system go.

Because Finnegan has been a playmaker...something Carroll has not been. If you look at Finnegan's history more closely, you'll see a guy who played at a pro bowl level, changed teams and still played well until his injuries in 2013 hampered his play. He had an orbital injury that blurred his vision but the tough guy tried to play through it and it cost him some credit with rush to judgement fans like you.

Hickey knows the dice he is rolling on Finnegan and knows the whole situation. If we get a motivated healthy Finnegan we will be rewarded big time, as we were with the gamble taken on Grimes.

I personally see Jamar Taylor winning the starting spot opposite Grimes, and where I really see Finnegan being valuable is in the nickel....this could end up being a very good secondary.

Because Finnegan has been a playmaker...something Carroll has not been. If you look at Finnegan's history more closely, you'll see a guy who played at a pro bowl level, changed teams and still played well until his injuries in 2013 hampered his play. He had an orbital injury that blurred his vision but the tough guy tried to play through it and it cost him some credit with rush to judgement fans like you.

Hickey knows the dice he is rolling on Finnegan and knows the whole situation. If we get a motivated healthy Finnegan we will be rewarded big time, as we were with the gamble taken on Grimes.

I personally see Jamar Taylor winning the starting spot opposite Grimes, and where I really see Finnegan being valuable is in the nickel....this could end up being a very good secondary.

Plus, chances are Finnegan will be no better or worse Carroll so in reality we're spending an extra $2 million in the hopes that Finnegan can return to old form (playmaker) and for his leadership.

That is an awful lot to pay for a nickel corner, especially when we have jimmy Wilson who I feel played well in nickel last year.

Look BlueFin, I understand that you want to see things play out etc but just because I have a different view point...... Brave enough to state my opinion and happy enough to be shot down when time comes, you don't have to jump on me everytime :)

You are criticising me for my opinion as if I not qualified enough, but then who are you to criticise me? Surely that is a little hypocritical?

I am not claiming to be an expert, just a seasoned fan.

I get little tired of fellow fans rushing to judgement as if they are superior when we haven't even drafted yet.

Its ok to give opinions on moves, but to make final judgements like you do in this thread this early is ridiculous and I get tired of the repetitive threads of negativity.

"Why didn't we just concentrate aon fixing 2013's problems?"........Dude we haven't even drafted yet!

Thats why it irks me.

I am not claiming to be an expert, just a seasoned fan.

I get little tired of fellow fans rushing to judgement as if they are superior when we haven't even drafted yet.

Its ok to give opinions on moves, but to make final judgements like you do in this thread this early is ridiculous and I get tired of the repetitive threads of negativity.

"Why didn't we just concentrate aon fixing 2013's problems?"........Dude we haven't even drafted yet!

Thats why it irks me.

You sound 'irked' and I have no issue with you disagreeing, but going into draft are you genuinely happy with how Hickey handled the FA period? In my mind you can't go into draft needing day 1 starters. At present we absolutely have to get a RT and feel we should have addressed that before we spent money on a CB, regardless whether I like him or not

Back
Top Bottom