Why Glenn Dorsey is NOT the right choice | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Glenn Dorsey is NOT the right choice

wilfork is 6'1. Pat Williams is 6'3.Casey Hampton of the steelers is 6'2.Our own Keith Traylor is 6'2. Glen Dorsey is 6'2 he is more than tall enough to be a NT, and he weighs enough as well.\

Plus as the poster above me said, we are going to run a hybrid set of 3-4 and 4-3, dallas does the same thing and their NT, weighs less than 300 lbs!!

just because guys are a cetain height doesn't follow that they are the ideals

of the guys mentioned Wilfork was the highest pick @ #21

if we pick a guy @ #21, play him whereever the &%^$% you want

if we pick a guy @ #1 either play him at his natural position or don't pick him

just because guys are a cetain height doesn't follow that they are the ideals

of the guys mentioned Wilfork was the highest pick @ #21

if we pick a guy @ #21, play him whereever the &%^$% you want

if we pick a guy @ #1 either play him at his natural position or don't pick him
so your telling me if Wilfork was in this draft, knowing what we know now, we wouldn't consider picking him??right. Also find me the 6'5 and above NT in the league, my guess is there aren't that many. The only one i know off the top of my head is Henderson

Dorsey is as worthy as anyone else of being the #1, but I would have him in a system that would play to his strengths(ie the 4-3)

making him a NT or DE is a waste of his talent, the #1 pick should not be a subject to shoehorn, he should be at his natural position
His strengths is his ability to use his leverage to disrupt the running game and to take constant double and triple teams, gee isn't that what a nose tackle does? And AGIAN we aren't going to play a strict 3-4, we are going to play a hybrid scheme and DE in a 3-4 is nearly identical to DT in a 4-3

Dorsey is as worthy as anyone else of being the #1, but I would have him in a system that would play to his strengths(ie the 4-3)

making him a NT or DE is a waste of his talent, the #1 pick should not be a subject to shoehorn, he should be at his natural position

You just don't get it. The Fins are not going to "shoehorn" him into being a NT. WE WILL NOT BE A FULL TIME 3 - 4 DEFENSE! I mean I can't say it loud enough.

Dorsey is a special athlete. He can play NT, DT, or DE. "Making" him play a NT or DE is not wasting his talent, its using it to our full advantage. All 3 positions are his strengths, so technically we have a system that would play to his strengths.

If we take dorsey... I won't cry.

If we trade down a few spots and take sedrick ellis... shocker... I won't cry.

just gonna have to trust the new FO fellas. it's that simple.

When Zac and Jason go we have no-one who is remotely probowl on defense. We need the No.1 draft pick to do this. Across the NFL world that person seems to be Dorsey. That's good enough for me- I'm fed up with Miami GMs thinking they are better than the rest- they never are. At the moment, I'd take Dorsey and ensure the scheme works for all my players.

Back
Top Bottom