Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

WesternNYDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

We don't know what we had? I think 5 out of 6 losing seasons speaks for itself.

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

Name one all pro that Irelands drafted

I honestly did not think it was all him, but he is gone and now we move on to possible better things Fins Up!

Jeff, shouldn't you be looking for another job?

you can say that all you want but he wasn't let go because of idiot fans. However, I do worry that the next GM will not be any better.

edit typo

He doesn't get to claim 2008 because Parcells was in charge meaning he had not one winning season as Dolphins GM.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

you can say that all you want but he was let go because of idiot fans. However, I do worry that the next GM will not be any better.
I have been waiting for this. The infamous blame it on the fans mantra.

That's the thing.

NO it doesn't.

Not to mention they weren't all LOSING seasons, they just weren't winning seasons.

Fact is, in this NFL you mire in mediocrity until you get above average QB play. Which is why when we had Pennington we won our division.

Sure you can stack your team around an average QB i.e. the Texans or the Bengals, but that won't get you where you want to go.

Ross jumped the gun, next year will be Tannehill's breakout season as long as this new GM doesn't do anything stupid, and we will be better, but it won't be because Ireland is gone.

But I'm sure you'll all be singing the new GMs praises, when the new GM will have had little to do with building the contender we have.

hopefully Ross doesn't hire some idiot who doesn't know how to draft or just "wants to make a splash", but the way Ross has handled everything I don't believe we'll see a top teir candidate want to come here.

I agree, Jeff was an awesome GM

Signed,

Ernest Wilford, Pat White, Patrick Turner, Dallas Thomas, Phillip Wheeler, Sean Smith, Snake Grove, and Chad henne

Back
Top Bottom