Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

Patience is virtue when u have a second year qb whose only been a qb for 4 years

Thanks for the Laugh dude.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

The title of that song is actually "Big Yellow Taxi." And that's only the first thing in your post that you got wrong.

Awesome Dude.

That's such a retarded response I don't know what to say?! I'm flabbergasted. You admit, Ireland did a great job setting it up so that everything would come together in year 3. What do u propose he did instead? Made stupid decisions just to save his job for a year then had us in cap hell? Soooo dumb

Except that in year three he had a 7-9 record. That was just the middle of his run of 5 straight years with out a winning record. How much longer did you want us to wait? Another 5 years? He's lucky he got 6 years in the first place. As they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It was time to move on.

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

Supporter of logic and consistency? Supporter of status quo -> more like it

Same crappy Oline and RBs - LBs average SS/FS -> list a Probowler Ireland drafted -> better yet a play-maker not named Tannehill

i loved this reply! Don't forget Bobby Carpenter, Marc Columbo, Tyson Clabo, Donald Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Marshall for two no 3's, Legadoo Nannee and what not.

Chad Johnson, C Gates, J Martin, M Egnew, and Caleb Sturgis?

I for one would like having above average players on the team. Ireland had plenty of chances to acquire the type of talent you need to do so and failed.

Watch when Jeff gets his next GM job how well he does and we'll be left with some sort of atrocity who undoes all the superb roster building he does here.

You can magnify all the bad moves all you'd like, but fact is noone bats 1000%. Fact is we're stacked at WR, DL, DB, QB, in good shape at LB, and I believe our RBs are fine if we can fix our OLine that already has a centerpiece in Pouncey.

Wow. As if 6 years wasnt enough this guy wants to give him another 6.

I'm shocked the Bucs haven't jumped on such a great opportunity to continue their journey in mediocrity.

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

Don't worry Mrs. Ireland, your husband will find another job. The NFL is a fraternity that by-and-large recycles coaches & GM's. So, he will be employed before you know it. Just hang in there sweetie...:rolleyes2:

"This may set our franchise back another 5 years."

It's a good thing Ireland didn't help set our franchise back for the 5+ years he's been here.

Oh wait.

Ireland gone is not a good thing or a bad thing.

What is is that Dawn Aponte clearly has taken over. Dawn is gold now, but soon everyone will have to wonder. People hear things. People know from other insiders who are connected, including agents.

Look at us right now, everyone else is taking their talents elsewhere including Macadoo. As much as I hate Mando and his club of merry idiots, there has to be some truth to this deal.

Ireland will still remain punching bag, but those of us who will have moved on and quit looking at the past, we will understand the situation. Its not looking good people.

My prediction:

Joe will be fired. Aponte will turn on him. Friendships in the business world are no such thing unless you go to lunch with them on a consistent basis. Im pretty sure Joe has his lunch delivered to him or he brings it in a brown paper bag.

I saw the word *may* quite a few times.

"I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years."
now the other side of the word may
I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may prevent our franchise from falling back another 5 years.

What in the blue hell...?

Okay.

FIRST: The song is called "Big Yellow Taxi." It's been covered twice. If you're going to quote it, at least get the damn SONG title right.

SECOND: I don't think "Doom" means what you think it means. What, precisely, will occur that is worse than a a team that hasn't even been over .500 for five YEARS?

THIRD: If you're going to look for a drafting benchmark, don't use "The best since Jimmy Johnson." Seriously. That's like a "who sucks less" competition.

FOURTH: The Dolphins absolutely, positively lost games because of talent deficiencies.

FINALLY: ...and this is a serious question: What on Earth gives you any inkling that the "five years we'll be set back" could be worse than the six years Ireland ran the show?

Back
Top Bottom