Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

Um.. Wow.. Whats the opposite of a winning season again? If your not winning your doing something else than winning. The only thing you can do besides winning is losing.

That's the thing.

NO it doesn't.

Not to mention they weren't all LOSING seasons, they just weren't winning seasons.

Fact is, in this NFL you mire in mediocrity until you get above average QB play. Which is why when we had Pennington we won our division.

Sure you can stack your team around an average QB i.e. the Texans or the Bengals, but that won't get you where you want to go.

Ross jumped the gun, next year will be Tannehill's breakout season as long as this new GM doesn't do anything stupid, and we will be better, but it won't be because Ireland is gone.

But I'm sure you'll all be singing the new GMs praises, when the new GM will have had little to do with building the contender we have.

hopefully Ross doesn't hire some idiot who doesn't know how to draft or just "wants to make a splash", but the way Ross has handled everything I don't believe we'll see a top teir candidate want to come here.

Lack of foresight. Ireland should have been aware that even if the Wallace signing worked it might've take longer than a season to find out. Ireland should have been aware that his job was not safe if the offense didn't improve a lot THIS YEAR. It seems clear Ireland was manipulating the cap to have everything come together in year 3 of Tannehill's career, whereas he should have shot his load in year 2.

The good news is we got to purge ourselves of Ireland and we're still set up to peak in year 3 of Tannehill's career.

That's such a retarded response I don't know what to say?! I'm flabbergasted. You admit, Ireland did a great job setting it up so that everything would come together in year 3. What do u propose he did instead? Made stupid decisions just to save his job for a year then had us in cap hell? Soooo dumb

The OP may not know that there is a HUGE difference between an All Pro and the Pro Bowl
Hate to break it to you Pouncey never made an "all pro" team. His brother did.
He did get voted to his first pro bowl this year, but if anything this year has somewhat tarnished Mike Pouncey.

****ty drafts my ass; u have no perspective; take a look at what other teams are doing and what we have done...lack of talent is not our issue, 1 more season of a developed tannehill we will be contenders; we missed the playoffs by losing games we should've won repeatedly; how is that Ireland's fault?

I don't know why I would expect to hear anything reasonable from someone who openly supports an association that fights tooth and nail to ensure our innocent children continue to be senselessly murdered by wackos with military grade weaponry that serves no legitimate purpose in society because they have some warped sense of what the founding fathers of our country intended in the bill of rights. You're a sheep without a logical bone in your body.

So I guess I have trouble following your 'logic'

You mad?

Hahaha . . . you trolling, bro? Stacked at WR and DB? Good shape at LB? If that's your definition of good shape, I don't want to see the girls you've dated.

Hahaha.. YES! And you know those Western NY girls are smokin. :tubes:

Lol I was following u westernnysnake until u went nancy pelosi on us.. Gun control on a football forum? It would be ok if u weren't clueless! U should move to Chicago they have very strict gun laws

In all fairness it certainly had something to do with Pennington as he was runner up for the league MVP. HE did pass for almost 4000 yards and had close a 100 QBR. SO to say he had almost nothing to do with us winning the division is a little short sighted.

oh WNYD.......................... what are we to do with you?

PENNINGTON HAD ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH US "WINNING" THE DIVISION that 1st year.

super pennington had us at 0-2 untill one of our offensive assistants who worked with alabama pre saban introduced a system the nfl hadnt seen, the WILDCAT!!

it had NOTHING to do with PENNINGTON [other than handing off to ronnie brown] or JEFF IRELAND who wasnt in the loop to instill the wildcat.

when the texans showed the blue print on defending it, we lost. and the ravens played it the same way later on and beat us and when we faced them first round of the playoffs, they trounced us!!

then, everyone started studying the blue print on stopping the wildcat and RUNNING it. by the time the season opened in 2009, it was for all intents and purpouses a dying gimick and without the wildcat suprising teams anymore, penny the great had us at 0-3 untill his paper shoulder finally put him out of his misery. he was PAINFUL to watch in those 3 games. he was AWFUL!!!

better grab on to something WNYD, your falling fast!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
****ty drafts my ass; u have no perspective; take a look at what other teams are doing and what we have done...lack of talent is not our issue, 1 more season of a developed tannehill we will be contenders; we missed the playoffs by losing games we should've won repeatedly; how is that Ireland's fault?

I don't know why I would expect to hear anything reasonable from someone who openly supports an association that fights tooth and nail to ensure our innocent children continue to be senselessly murdered by wackos with military grade weaponry that serves no legitimate purpose in society because they have some warped sense of what the founding fathers of our country intended in the bill of rights. You're a sheep without a logical bone in your body.

So I guess I have trouble following your 'logic'

Serious question western, I'll use one draft as an example...
Should any of ur drAft picks start in their rookie year know ickers don't count

That's such a retarded response I don't know what to say?! I'm flabbergasted. You admit, Ireland did a great job setting it up so that everything would come together in year 3. What do u propose he did instead? Made stupid decisions just to save his job for a year then had us in cap hell? Soooo dumb

Cap hell? No.
Playoffs? Yes.

While I for one don't think he was THAT bad at bringing in good players, and he seemed to do well with some things, I have wanted to get him out of here since the Dez Bryant interview. He has given this team a bad image. Even though most of that has passed, a lot of people will still remember that, and I'm sure there are plenty of future players that wold like to avoid playing under him.

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

that wasnt Joni Mitchells song to start with it was Cinderella , and ive got a positive feeling we will be going in the right
direction

...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ ....

Haha

Seriously lol are you from Colorado because you must be smoking some good ****

Back
Top Bottom