Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

Watch when Jeff gets his next GM job how well he does and we'll be left with some sort of atrocity who undoes all the superb roster building he does here.

You can magnify all the bad moves all you'd like, but fact is noone bats 1000%. Fact is we're stacked at WR, DL, DB, QB, in good shape at LB, and I believe our RBs are fine if we can fix our OLine that already has a centerpiece in Pouncey.

Hahaha . . . you trolling, bro? Stacked at WR and DB? Good shape at LB? If that's your definition of good shape, I don't want to see the girls you've dated.

Which is why when we had Pennington we won our division.

oh WNYD.......................... what are we to do with you?

PENNINGTON HAD ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH US "WINNING" THE DIVISION that 1st year.

super pennington had us at 0-2 untill one of our offensive assistants who worked with alabama pre saban introduced a system the nfl hadnt seen, the WILDCAT!!

it had NOTHING to do with PENNINGTON [other than handing off to ronnie brown] or JEFF IRELAND who wasnt in the loop to instill the wildcat.

when the texans showed the blue print on defending it, we lost. and the ravens played it the same way later on and beat us and when we faced them first round of the playoffs, they trounced us!!

then, everyone started studying the blue print on stopping the wildcat and RUNNING it. by the time the season opened in 2009, it was for all intents and purpouses a dying gimick and without the wildcat suprising teams anymore, penny the great had us at 0-3 untill his paper shoulder finally put him out of his misery. he was PAINFUL to watch in those 3 games. he was AWFUL!!!

better grab on to something WNYD, your falling fast!!!!

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

So the dolphins because they lose Jeff Ireland will be doomed. We were doomed to constant 7-9 with him so unless we are going 1-15 every year it cannot get much worse. Before Jeff Ireland the dolphins had actually made playoffs and had winning records but somehow it will be worse.

Not sure why the fan base's IQ is in question because it want an unsuccessful GM to be shown the door. 6 years is pretty damn patient. I don't know many Gms that would survive that long with that little success.

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.
You seem to be a big fan of Jeff Ireland. That's great. Now you can track him or follow him on Twitter or Facebook and sing his praises when the lands his next job. I wish you both well.

This is a sad last ditch effort at post of the year. I'm sorry, but this isn't going to do it. Nice try though.

I don't understand, "set the team back"? We've missed the playoffs for 5 straight seasons aren't we already back?

Watch when Jeff gets his next GM job how well he does and we'll be left with some sort of atrocity who undoes all the superb roster building he does here.

You can magnify all the bad moves all you'd like, but fact is noone bats 1000%. Fact is we're stacked at WR, DL, DB, QB, in good shape at LB, and I believe our RBs are fine if we can fix our OLine that already has a centerpiece in Pouncey.
I think Mrs. Ireland now knows where ole Jeff is spending all his time (wink wink) ..............Now that Jeffy is out of a job , maybe you two can spend a little more time together .

Says the guy who thought Sparano was a great coach...

You said weren't are losing games because of talent deficiencies. Yeah I would say we lost some games because of Ireland's lack of plan on the offensive line. He thought he could put a band-aid on our offensive line and it didn't work.

I agree with OP.

Something doesn't jive. I mean if the whole coaching staff is terrible and has to go, and the GM is terrible and has to go...and the ownership is bad and has to go...and our roster is so devoid of talent because the GM was the WORST OF ALL TIME...

Then how the HELL did we win ANY games? Seems to me the fanbase is just out of patience and looking for targets to take it out on. I get it, we want a contender. But I'm not convinced starting over is really going to do us any good. I'm glad they at least kept Philbin, but there's no guarantee he's even safe.

I hope burning it all down works out. I really do. I would have had at least another year of patience.

Yeah, pretty sure you said the same thing when Sparano was fired. He sure showed us!

Dear god...

WR: Wallace most certainly hasn't lived up to his hype and is right now vastly overpaid and completely one dimensional. Gibson was good, but injuries are now a concern. Hartline is the best of the bunch, IMO. Matthews has shown flashes, but hardly counts for much at this point.

DL: Only thing that is "stacked." Props to him. About a 100 draft picks and a big FA signing to do it, but he did it.

DB: Grimes, who he didn't bother trying to re-sign during the season, is all there is. Patterson is good, when he's healthy. Unfortunately, like many of Ireland's pulls, he NEVER is. He's quite clearly injury-prone. Carroll flashed in a few games. Gonna take more to convince me he doesn't still suck. Then there are two rookies, one of which was drafted injured, and both of which got burnt bad at the end of the season. Jones was pure **** this year. Clemmons is serviceable. Stacked with "mediocrity." If Grimes isn't re-signed, this unit is ****ed next season with the QBs we face.

QB: Tannehill was a great pick and an obvious one, but I'll still give him credit for it. Moore is likely gone this offseason. Too expensive for a backup.

LB: Jesus. Really? Wheeler is this year's Colombo, Naaaaannnnneeeee, Barbie Carpenter, etc. He's absolutely horrible. Ellerbe is mediocre at best. Same with Misi. I'll give Misi an above average grade (C+) for this season. Stacked? :lol:

RB: Thomas blows. Flat out. He sucks AND he's injury-prone. No thanks. Miller will be a role player, but that's about it, not an every down back.

Then there is the line. A big priority for 6 years and this is what we have. The biggest indictment of them all.

6 years is more than enough "patience."

Wallace IMO gonzo has been pretty solid.

Go back and watch the games, he ran the same route ALL the time, that stupid out route 8-12 yards down the field, never once was used creatively to get his speed in space. A go route is the lowest % pass in the nfl! that's the only route Sherman used his speed for, no deep posts, not even a small crossing pattern. Wallace is the guy who scored on a cross against the Giants 2 years ago, caught it and ran across field and still beat the defense to the edge.

Back
Top Bottom