Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

:bobdole: Oh so there's a double-standard. Coulda said the same about you a few weeks ago. 'Always concerned about the negatives'....pfft. Makes me want to reach through my screen.

The fact remains that we all want to get better but are divided on how that should be accomplished. Is that elementary enough for you?

Boy, you're not too bright. Biggest difference, there was actually negative crap to be concerned about, since we've lived through the 6 years of crap since ireland has been here. How is that hard for you to understand?

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

oh, nevermind, lets live through 6 more years of crap, and then hope things get better after that. how many years you want to give a GM, after being mediocre for 6 years?

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy.

is this a PERSONAL ATTACK?

thats not allowed here... right?

so tell us WESTERN, if this change works out for the better, which its a 90% chance it will, then will that make YOU the scapegoating idiot?

and above all, will you come back from L.A. and ADMIT IT?

AND ONE LAST THING: i have asked over and over to the few ireland supporters with NO reply, what is the number? we had 5 years of failure under JI from draft to free agency and public blunders leading DIRECTLY to losses on the field [the first year was a fluke as no one in the nfl new how to defend the wildcat] so how many more years would YOU have allowed before you started asking for his head?

3 more? 1 more? 10 more years of bad drafts and losses? HOW MANY MORE YEARS UNTILL YOU ADMITTED HE WAS A FAILURE? TELL US!! and then tell us WHY you picked that number.

Where were we WITH the fa pickups? 8-8. lol

Jesse Agler on the "finishers" show/podcast made a very astute point that It wasn't "Sherman's fault" and the same can be said for Ireland...that Ryan Tannehill COULDNT HIT Wallace if a gun was ****ed against his skull

now again i feel the need to say that i am not for or against Ireland. i simply DONT CARE... but lets just take the a fore mentioned situation for instance...if the Tannehill to Wallce deep ball combination increases to AT LEAST 50% we can bet that we have two more wins underneath our belt

not Philbins fault...Not shermans fault...and in this thread most Certainly not Ireland's fault....but he gets the axe....even though he did put talent on the field

Maybe if you have "West" in your moniker you have the troll gene.Kinda like people with red cars drive fast.

Jesse Agler on the "finishers" show/podcast made a very astute point that It wasn't "Sherman's fault" and the same can be said for Ireland...that Ryan Tannehill COULDNT HIT Wallace if a gun was ****ed against his skull

now again i feel the need to say that i am not for or against Ireland. i simply DONT CARE... but lets just take the a fore mentioned situation for instance...if the Tannehill to Wallce deep ball combination increases to AT LEAST 50% we can bet that we have two more wins underneath our belt

not Philbins fault...Not shermans fault...and in this thread most Certainly not Ireland's fault....but he gets the axe....even though he did put talent on the field

Fair enough. Lots of different angles can be had, but someone needs to be held accountable for the poor performance we've seen on the field. Who's responsible for the poor excuse of an oline? It could be argued, that if you took away HALF the sacks caused by the oline, that miami would have 1 or 2 more wins.

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

He's had what ... 6 years .... to build a winner. Ross has been overly patient and the best we have been was one playoff season and the other 5 years were 500 or better. IDK about you but I want better.

Boy, you're not too bright. Biggest difference, there was actually negative crap to be concerned about, since we've lived through the 6 years of crap since ireland has been here. How is that hard for you to understand?

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

oh, nevermind, lets live through 6 more years of crap, and then hope things get better after that. how many years you want to give a GM, after being mediocre for 6 years?

Ugh...this board.....come on man, lets grow up and leave the insults to the kids. Realize that people have different opinions and get over it. I think we could have been successful with or without Ireland next year. Im sorry my opinion makes you uncomfortable.

Ugh...this board.....come on man, lets grow up and leave the insults to the kids. Realize that people have different opinions and get over it. I think we could have been successful with or without Ireland next year. Im sorry my opinion makes you uncomfortable.

Seeing as how you insulted my intelligence with the "elementary" comment, you should take your own advice...

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

Go home Jeffy, you're drunk.

All i am saying is that everything can not be blamed on Ireland mistakes by everybody occurred. The man has been fired can we move on to who is going to replace him? Its almost like people need to fnd someone to blame and then when he gets what they want they cant let it go.

He wont be the last to get fired but that is part of the business and we will probably get better after this, but people need to give the next person some patience to let things work.

Moves were necessary. Mike Dee and Jeff Ireland were not top tier at their positions. However it played out, it's worthwhile to take a swing at superior replacements. Same will probably be true of Joe Philbin and Ryan Tannehill within a few years. I'm willing to give Tannehill time but it's very rare for the yards per attempt numbers to surge after a significant sample of low to moderate. Normally when it happens, the player was always considered a freak talent but it didn't surface immediately, like John Elway who put up lots of 6.8 or lower YPA numbers early in his career.

It definitely wasn't all Jeff, but it definitely wasn't Not Jeff.

Overpaying FA's that end up under-performing / not adapting and growing in the team's system
Drafting high-round busts and projects, or players from different systems that now have more of a learning curve, and even worse, trading up picks to do so.
Neglecting at least 1-2 units of the team each offseason, only plugging in lateral-moves or low-round talent to band-aid depth issues.

Seriously. This crap needed to stop.

ONly one response is needed... Derp

Here. I fixed it for you.

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may not have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

Back
Top Bottom