Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

Wallace IMO gonzo has been pretty solid.

Go back and watch the games, he ran the same route ALL the time, that stupid out route 8-12 yards down the field, never once was used creatively to get his speed in space. A go route is the lowest % pass in the nfl! that's the only route Sherman used his speed for, no deep posts, not even a small crossing pattern. Wallace is the guy who scored on a cross against the Giants 2 years ago, caught it and ran across field and still beat the defense to the edge.

So, he's lived up to his price tag? I like what he brings to the team once Tannehill starts actually hitting those deep balls and creating a legitimate deep threat, but until then, he's a disappointment.

Then you have TY Hilton and all the others he passed on in the draft due to some weird fear of drafting WRs in the early and mid-rounds; a Parcellsian fear of playmakers.

So, he's lived up to his price tag? I like what he brings to the team once Tannehill starts actually hitting those deep balls and creating a legitimate deep threat, but until then, he's a disappointment.

Then you have TY Hilton and all the others he passed on in the draft due to some weird fear of drafting WRs in the early and mid-rounds; a Parcellsian fear of playmakers.

His price tag, no, but I didn't see a FA bust like Ellerbe or Wheeler.

I saw a legit player being used poorly.

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.
No......Ireland made far too many mistakes, we need a GM with proven track record.....Scott Pioli is my choice.

And no....this team will never leave south florida.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is exactly the breakdown I was expecting from one of the last few Ireland cultists. Ireland has doomed us for 6 years so let's consider this 5 year prediction of yours to be a step in the right direction.

Agree with Gonzo's writeup, but also agree with this.

I think Mike Wallace actually will in the end turn out to be a pretty good signing.

OP's response to Jeff being fired.....

44683135-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, definitely not on that level. Wheeler belongs in a special bunch of Ireland turds. Wallace doesn't. I didn't mind the signing at all. Doesn't change the fact that he was disappointing this season though.

Agree with Gonzo's writeup, but also agree with this.

I think Mike Wallace actually will in the end turn out to be a pretty good signing.

Using multiple routes would benefit him.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Oh, definitely not on that level. Wheeler belongs in a special bunch of Ireland turds. Wallace doesn't. I didn't mind the signing at all. Doesn't change the fact that he was disappointing this season though.

I agree with this.

Trust me, Ireland is the ****tiest GM we have ever had.

Jesse Agler on the "finishers" show/podcast made a very astute point that It wasn't "Sherman's fault" and the same can be said for Ireland...that Ryan Tannehill COULDNT HIT Wallace if a gun was ****ed against his skull

now again i feel the need to say that i am not for or against Ireland. i simply DONT CARE... but lets just take the a fore mentioned situation for instance...if the Tannehill to Wallce deep ball combination increases to AT LEAST 50% we can bet that we have two more wins underneath our belt

not Philbins fault...Not shermans fault...and in this thread most Certainly not Ireland's fault....but he gets the axe....even though he did put talent on the field

Lack of foresight. Ireland should have been aware that even if the Wallace signing worked it might've take longer than a season to find out. Ireland should have been aware that his job was not safe if the offense didn't improve a lot THIS YEAR. It seems clear Ireland was manipulating the cap to have everything come together in year 3 of Tannehill's career, whereas he should have shot his load in year 2.

The good news is we got to purge ourselves of Ireland and we're still set up to peak in year 3 of Tannehill's career.

is this a PERSONAL ATTACK?

thats not allowed here... right?

so tell us WESTERN, if this change works out for the better, which its a 90% chance it will, then will that make YOU the scapegoating idiot?

and above all, will you come back from L.A. and ADMIT IT?

AND ONE LAST THING: i have asked over and over to the few ireland supporters with NO reply, what is the number? we had 5 years of failure under JI from draft to free agency and public blunders leading DIRECTLY to losses on the field [the first year was a fluke as no one in the nfl new how to defend the wildcat] so how many more years would YOU have allowed before you started asking for his head?

3 more? 1 more? 10 more years of bad drafts and losses? HOW MANY MORE YEARS UNTILL YOU ADMITTED HE WAS A FAILURE? TELL US!! and then tell us WHY you picked that number.

****ty drafts my ass; u have no perspective; take a look at what other teams are doing and what we have done...lack of talent is not our issue, 1 more season of a developed tannehill we will be contenders; we missed the playoffs by losing games we should've won repeatedly; how is that Ireland's fault?

I don't know why I would expect to hear anything reasonable from someone who openly supports an association that fights tooth and nail to ensure our innocent children continue to be senselessly murdered by wackos with military grade weaponry that serves no legitimate purpose in society because they have some warped sense of what the founding fathers of our country intended in the bill of rights. You're a sheep without a logical bone in your body.

So I guess I have trouble following your 'logic'

Back
Top Bottom