Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ?

I don't want Bowe infecting this roster. Let him go elsewhere. The Chiefs aren't even interested in bringing him back. That tells you a ton.

Hopefully, Miami has learned from the Brandon Marshall debacle, and Bowe is nowhere near the player Marshall is.
What information you getting that from? Bowe doesn't want to be there, the fans want him to stay. Don't compare Marshall to Bowe.. Marshall is more of a pain

Well, I think we can all agree we have at least three very good options available in FA, so I'm looking forward to the threads next year saying nobody was available if we fail to sign any of them.

Well, I think we can all agree we have at least three very good options available in FA, so I'm looking forward to the threads next year saying nobody was available if we fail to sign any of them.

Theres no guarantee that these teams won't sign their guys before March. It's definitely a possibility that all 3 go back to their teams if they're willing to pay up.

Just as much as a head case as Chad and Brandon Marshall..
no thanks

Mike Wallace held out over a contract dispute, which many players (like Drew Brees and Cameron Wake) do because teams are using CBA-granted leverage to pay them less than they are worth.

It's not the same thing as being an alligator-armed malcontent. Not even close.

Winner of the thread with that turn of phrase, lol.

LD

Seriously, do not be surprised if we dont. I mean I was certain we would take a WR in at least one of the 1st 3 rounds in last years draft. Boy was I wrong. Perhaps this offseason will be different, but the moves Ireland makes should not surprise anyone
If we don't get one of these 3, i will go berserk

Dwayne Bowe was born here in Miami. He is a free agent and wants out of KC... he is younger than Jennings, and is a true #1 WR.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4184/dwayne-bowe

The Kansas City Star does not expect the Chiefs to offer impending free agent Dwayne Bowe a long-term deal.

Bowe played out the 2012 season on a one-year, $9.5 million franchise tender. He's expected to hit the open market as perhaps the best wideout available. Despite consistently horrible quarterback play, in six seasons Bowe has averaged 4.7 catches for 65.0 yards and scored 39 touchdowns -- putting him in the conversation for greatest Chiefs wideout of all time. Bowe will turn 29 in September.

If you can convince me that Bowe can be a No. 1 in a WCO, and that his benching and demotions in KC were unjustified, and that he was not overweight this year, and he no longer has the dropsies, then maybe I would begin to consider a very conservative contract with him.

not sure why everyone wants bowe so bad. do you really want a guy who does this when the game is on the line?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82488131/Bowe-a-no-show-on-final-play

No. I want a guy who does THIS.

[video=youtube;27dQ-CaGJgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dQ-CaGJgw[/video]

And for the record, Bowe was benched by Todd Haley. Haley also benched, or had a hand in benching Larry Fitzgerald at one point. Does that mean you wouldn’t want Larry Fitzgerald based off the ill-advised motivational tactics of a terrible head coach? A head coach who was fired because he lost his locker room due to stupid moves such as this.

He was suspended 4 games for taking a diuretic substance in ’09. Same thing has happened to a lot of players. Not sure what this mysterious 2nd strike is that some people are talking about.

As for off the field issues. Please feel free to point those out also. Anybody?

If you can convince me that Bowe can be a No. 1 in a WCO, and that his benching and demotions in KC were unjustified, and that he was not overweight this year, and he no longer has the dropsies, then maybe I would begin to consider a very conservative contract with him.

Spot on and first time I've seen this. Bowe has looked chubby the last two years. He needs to drop about 15 or 20 lbs if he really wants to get his career going again. His hand fighting/toughness is Jennings like but of course, Wallace kills both these guys in the speed department.

Spot on and first time I've seen this. Bowe has looked chubby the last two years. He needs to drop about 15 or 20 lbs if he really wants to get his career going again. His hand fighting/toughness is Jennings like but of course, Wallace kills both these guys in the speed department.

Much like the imagined 2nd strike, and also the made up "off the field troubles", please feel free to show me where he was reported as overweight. I've read that he came into camp overweight in '09, and again in '10 (although only slightly), but since then? I will say that I've read an article or two by the obese, dim-witted and racist Jason Whitlock where he's suggested that Bowe drop a couple pounds but only complete morons take anything he says seriously.

Lots of players show up to their first day of camp and the coaches look at them and ask them to shed a few pounds. Happens to players at all positions. But really, who gives a flying f***? Is the guy at his required playing weight come kick off of game one? Yes? Than what do you care?

Bowe had at least 1,000 receiving yards in three of his six seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs. Bowe led the NFL with 15 touchdown receptions in 2010 and ranked seventh with 1,162 receiving yards. Bowe ranked 10th in receptions and 13th in receiving yards during the 2011 season.

Bowe’s production has declined in terms of receiving yards and TD receptions, but this was due in part to poor quarterback play. Kansas City’s quarterbacks combined to throw 21 touchdowns and 38 interceptions in 2011 and 2012 while the team ranked 28th in QB rating in 2011 and 31st in 2012.

Dwayne Bowe was born here in Miami. He is a free agent and wants out of KC... he is younger than Jennings, and is a true #1 WR.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4184/dwayne-bowe

The Kansas City Star does not expect the Chiefs to offer impending free agent Dwayne Bowe a long-term deal.

Bowe played out the 2012 season on a one-year, $9.5 million franchise tender. He's expected to hit the open market as perhaps the best wideout available. Despite consistently horrible quarterback play, in six seasons Bowe has averaged 4.7 catches for 65.0 yards and scored 39 touchdowns -- putting him in the conversation for greatest Chiefs wideout of all time. Bowe will turn 29 in September.

SLow, poor man Brandon Marshall

There is no defending that brand of cowardice. You get paid to make that play, or at least for your teams sake, knock the ball down. Absurd.

Ireland gets a lot of smack for the lack of playmakers on this team...much it is warranted. But ALL of our guys on offense GO HARD. As a fan, that's really all you can ask for. GO HARD each and every play..

Hang on. I'm not a big fan of Bowe or anything, but how long do you think his arms are? There's no way he could have reached that, unless he's secretly Inspector Gadget.

Back
Top Bottom