Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story

If we had signed Drew Brees in 06, there would be a Saints fan posting a thread on a forum somewhere entitled: "WHY ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST: A DOLPHINS STORY"

So what you got from this post was its about Drew Brees??? wow

Some people dont get it! :)

sean payton probably gets fired in new orleans if drew brees doesn't come there...brees is the straw that stirred and still does stir the drink...you take brees out of equation and the saints barring drafting into a franchise qb are still also rans...

you get that??? i hope so

Thank you for saying that, I like the way Ross handled the jeff fisher non hire, can you imagine that after 3 years when he is burnt out again or fired, the team will have to hire 2 people HC and GM, so that's why it's best to do it now, good Luck St. Louis because it going to take more than Fisher to turn that debacle around.

Drew Brees.

We have crap at the QB position. And no Matt Moore is not a franchise or good QB.

That's not the point of this post. Why don't you add something constructive and relevant to the post?

This is an amazing post. Well thought out and I would like to apologize to Zodiak for these morons who don't know how to read a post. They completely missed the point and all that's on their mind is Brees, Brees, Brees. It is really pathetic and sad.

This is an amazing post. Well thought out and I would like to apologize to Zodiak for these morons who don't know how to read a post. They completely missed the point and all that's on their mind is Brees, Brees, Brees. It is really pathetic and sad.

The whole point is that without Drew Brees the Saints never make this turnaround, and we won't find success again until we find a good QB the way that the Saints did... That, coupled with the fact that missing out on Drew Brees (twice) is going to leave a sour taste in some of our mouths forever will lead to the "Brees, Brees, Brees" reaction.

Yeah its so amazing. Lets all wax poetic about the amazing Saints organization and pretend this team doesnt go as their QB goes. You're playing the result.

Mickey Loomis was a top executive with Seahawks before taking over in N.O. in 2002. During his tenure, Seattle was at best an also ran, and at worst, one of the worst teams in the league. Im not saying he was fully reponsible, but I doubt he sat in an empty office making Darth Vader voices into a table fan like Tommy Boy. Oh almost forgot, a grand total of 0 zero playoff appearances for the Saints between 2002-2005, coincidentally the 3 years before Brees showed up(and dont play the Katrina card, that only affected the 2005 season).

Payton is highly regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the game, and rightfully so, but lets not just ignore the fact that he was stripped of his playcalling duties in Dallas.

Is it really so crazy to believe that Brees made the organization what it is rather than the other way around? I certainly dont think so. Remove Brees from the equation and you have an average running game, a horrific defense that gets bailed out by the offense every week, and the possibility that nobody knows who Colston or Jimmy Graham are.

And please dont call people morons or other names because they dont agree with yours or someone elses assessments. Thats ridiculous.

It may sound pathetic to you, but it's the truth. They took the future hall of famer that we passed up on TWICE. They deserve to be where they are, and we deserve to be where we are. And yeah, I get that he's saying that basically any team can rise, but until that happens, all the negativity towards the front office is well deserved.

Yeah its so amazing. Lets all wax poetic about the amazing Saints organization and pretend this team doesnt go as their QB goes. You're playing the result.

Mickey Loomis was a top executive with Seahawks before taking over in N.O. in 2002. During his tenure, Seattle was at best an also ran, and at worst, one of the worst teams in the league. Im not saying he was fully reponsible, but I doubt he sat in an empty office making Darth Vader voices into a table fan like Tommy Boy. Oh almost forgot, a grand total of 0 zero playoff appearances for the Saints between 2002-2005, coincidentally the 3 years before Brees showed up(and dont play the Katrina card, that only affected the 2005 season).

Payton is highly regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the game, and rightfully so, but lets not just ignore the fact that he was stripped of his playcalling duties in Dallas.

Is it really so crazy to believe that Brees made the organization what it is rather than the other way around? I certainly dont think so. Remove Brees from the equation and you have an average running game, a horrific defense that gets bailed out by the offense every week, and the possibility that nobody knows who Colston or Jimmy Graham are.

And please dont call people morons or other names because they dont agree with yours or someone elses assessments. Thats ridiculous.

Well put. :brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom