Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12

I don't know. For the longest time I was convinced that Ezekiel Ansah was going to be the pick at 12.

But the more I read about Ansah and the more I see what Eifert is doing on the field at the combine, I'm slowly becoming more and more of a mind that we could either take him at 12 or trade down for an extra second and still have him be our number 1 pick. He really looks like he's going to be something special.

Maybe I'll become one of these guys who preach Tank Carradine in 2nd or 3rd.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

trade down and get him like the 20th pick..but at 12 thats too high for a tightend.

Our redzone offense has been awful. A young quarterback's best friend is not a running game, it is a security blanket at TE. The greatest thing about Eifert is that he is exactly that, a security blanket. At 6'5 1/2 and his long arms he has such a big catch radius to put the ball. He just said the one player he compares himself to Jimmy Graham and I definitely see the comparison. They are both OUTSTANDING at "Boxing out defenders and grabbing the rebound at the HIGHEST POINT" ohh wait.. they're not playing basketball anymore.......... But the way they can shield off defenders and high point the football is the reason why Jimmy is the best TE in the league and Eifert is the best TE in the draft. He is a GREAT REDZONE THREAT and will instantly improve our redzone offense.Although he is no Gronkowski when it comes to blocking, he has improved every year and half of blocking at TE is effort which he shows in the ruun game....He is a very crisp route runner, lining up at times as an X receiver and running dig routes... Very smooth in his breaks for being 6'5 +.. My one concern with him is his speed. He just said a high time for him Saturday will be a 4.5.. He looks more along the lines of a 4.7.. That is what made me skeptical about taking him at #12 but his ability to box out defenders and go get the football is what has swayed my opinion. With 2-3 receivers next year (hopefully Wallace, and Greg) and reggie bush expected to have a way bigger role in the pass game as a 3rd down back and possibly (and hopefully) as a slot and outside receiver.. With the emergence of Miller and Wallace and Greg on the outside, Eifert down the middle, and Reggie and Bess underneath we have the POTENTIAL
to field a top 5 offense next year...Ireland make it happen!!!

I agree 100%. The only exceptions I might make are for a guy like Dee Milliner or Bjorn Werner..if they are there at 12, they are too good to pass up. Eifert just ran. 4.6, which put him #3, ahead of Ertz. 22 reps of 225 on the bench. Eifert will a red zone threat and first down machine, especially if we add pieces around him that open up the field.

I agree 100%. The only exceptions I might make are for a guy like Dee Milliner or Bjorn Werner..if they are there at 12, they are too good to pass up. Eifert just ran. 4.6, which put him #3, ahead of Ertz. 22 reps of 225 on the bench. Eifert will a red zone threat and first down machine, especially if we add pieces around him that open up the field.
Eifert actually had 24 reps but two were discredited I think he is a future All-Pro.. I mean there are certainly 3-5 guys who if they happened to be their would be shocking and definitely worthy of the choice, but the plan should be to take Eifert. No one will remember if Eifert was #12 pick of #25. what they will remember is how many Redzone Tds he scores.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Mike Mayock "Tyler Eifert has OWNED the day"

Eifert falls down or is tackled immediately after a catch, no thank you. Trade up for Milliner, the next Ed Reed.

Eifert will not be there at 42 after his performance, and i feel like we will fall in love with someone else tomorrow in Patterson for #12. I still Like Ertz if he is there at 42 and have mentioned Escobar and Kelce as hard to pass before the combine in a previous thread. Mcdonald may also catch Irelands eye with his solid senior bowl and impressive strength

How fast he ran wont change anything. The combine workout will only re affirm the draft board or at worst force them to go back to the tape. I doubt Ireland has him ahead of that many players as far as BPA and his workout today wouldn't change thati

The official time was 4.68, so just a hair under 4.7 and around where I expected him to be. Honestly, I expected Ertz to be faster than 4.72. Eifert's 35.5 vertical and long arms really underscores his red zone ability that shows up on film, so the now solid 40 (Gronk ran a 4.7 incidentally) probably means we are unlikely to see him last until #42. On the other hand, I think Ertz has come in a little shorter, shorter armed, and slower than expected so there's a chance he might last until #42. But, there's no doubt that Vance McDonald really caught my eye in the Senior Bowl, and his combine has really been impressive. He's the heaviest and put up the most reps of 225 of all the good prospects, and he ran fast too, with a very good 10 yard split. So, who knows, maybe some teams are OK waiting until the 3rd to grab a TE this year and one of Eifert or Ertz falls to #42. Here's hoping.

Eifert will be a special player, there is no way he falls to 42. If you watch him on every play he does something positive, never takes a play off. He is just one of those guys that can make a difference. And he will be a pro bowl TE. Obviously we need WR's, and it would be difficult to take Eifert if Patterson is available at 12, but if we pick up a Wallace or Jennings in FA then go with Eifert and we are set on offense for years to come.

Physically Eifert is leading the top TE prospects but I still don't believe he is worth a low first round pick. This isnt Gronk.

your right, he is not injury prone or a half-silly man albeit very talented.

Eifert is a first round pick. Its cemented. Green Bay will likely want a TE.

Eifert actually had 24 reps but two were discredited I think he is a future All-Pro.. I mean there are certainly 3-5 guys who if they happened to be their would be shocking and definitely worthy of the choice, but the plan should be to take Eifert. No one will remember if Eifert was #12 pick of #25. what they will remember is how many Redzone Tds he scores.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Mike Mayock "Tyler Eifert has OWNED the day"

Hey! thats my liine! I used it when we took Pouncey too. :)

Lol because the guy is an inch shorter than his listed height he is being overhyped? Give me a freaking break!

You tell me what makes him so special? Because I have not been convinced that this guy even knows the route tree. The media have been selling this guy with nothing to really back it up except "look at his tape" this guy is freakish. Well, I watched the tape and what I noticed is he is a kick returner slash reverse/end around guy and he did most of those vs. Troy, Marshall, and Vande and couple others.

I am not saying this kid couldnt eventually be somebody, but there is actually no tape that proves he can come right in and know this offense and do anything special in it from day one. There is no proof. Its all been talk. hype. media selling everything they dont even know about. They watch his moves in the open field and gawk. But thats not how it happens in the NFL. If he is a threat as a returner, they either kick away, deep, or short where they can nail him early, which is what the league did with Ted Ginn. Ginn was talked about in much the same way coming out. Patterson is bigger, and less likely to hit the ground, in fact, he may shake a couple of guys out of their shorts, but in the end to me, I didnt see much on tape that showed he was an everydown WR. And its a fact that he didnt show much vs. Alabama and other big teams in the SEC. He had a big end around play vs. GEorgia. Once again, an end around. That crap doesnt work in the pros. At least not on a weekly basis or a bi-weekly basis.

your right, he is not injury prone or a half-silly man albeit very talented.

Eifert is a first round pick. Its cemented. Green Bay will likely want a TE.

The Falcons will also probably be in the market for a talented TE to continue helping Matt Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom