Wicked Bored---Worst Player in Miami History!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wicked Bored---Worst Player in Miami History!!

When Jerris McPhail was moved to WR, you knew it was over for him. But we shouldn't knock Jimmy for brining in mass quantities in an attempt to find a RB.

Oh, and Johnny Greer is my favorite referee. "Pass Intereference. On the defense...." :tantrum:

Dan Marino hands down...:D

just kidding i would say either Cecil Collins or Ray Lucas

Muck said:
I'll nominate someone like J.B. Brown or Paul Lankford. I'd stop breathing whenever a deep pass was thrown and the camera had yet to reveal who was downfield.
Its funny, I thought I was the only one who felt that way, Except it was with jamar Fletcher. terrel buckley gave me that feeling too, Not that he was a bad corner, Just very susceptible to the big play.

I forgot about Eddie Blake, In that same time, Do you guys remember Billy Milner? A big tackle who was the second coming of Richmond Webb who was so devastated in a buffalo game that the cameras actually caught Dan flipping out on him, He was gone the next year for troy drayton...I guess he should be a nominee. Still, there can be only one, RAY!!!!

Muck, I guess it depends on what you're talking about, the worst guy ever to wear pads in a game or the worst bust in Miami history.

Sammie Smith wasn't a bad player per se, but he sure was a bust for us... what was he, 10th overall?

vert1983 said:
What about Jerris Mcphail. Who the hell was he and where did he come from. What freakin drug was Jimmy taking!!! oh well, he(Jimmy) sure did a good job with our defense. Its still Jimmy's D.

The only players from JJ day's are ...JT, Zach, Sam and Pat, T. Bowen is from Shula, the rest is Wanny's..sorry, I know you didn't want to give credit to wanny, :D

Ray "Laces Out" Finkle. That guy was a psycho.

Muck said:
I'll nominate someone like J.B. Brown or Paul Lankford. I'd stop breathing whenever a deep pass was thrown and the camera had yet to reveal who was downfield.

Agree 100%. Though imo Lankford was by FAR the worse of the two. He gets my vote for the worst ever.

How about Robin Sendlein? Who?

If no one remembers him. He was the player that Shula traded the rights to Anthony Carter for. Miami also got a 2nd from Minn.

If anyone wonders what happened to that 2nd. Shula traded it to Tampa with a No. 1 for Hugh Green. Who then blew out a knee early in the '86 season and was never the same.

Talk about a one sided trade for Minn and a bust in every way for Miami.

Shula was with defensive players like JJ was with running backs. Try anyone and see if they stick.

Jerry Wilson, Calvin Jackson, Shipp, Bosa, Kumerow, Lorenzo Hampton, Troy Stradford, John Avery, Milner all are acceptable answers. Yes there are more, dont want to think about them anymore.

The absolutely biggest bust in Dolphins' history can be none other than QB Rick Norton.
The 2nd overall pick in the 1966 AFL draft and he had a career QB rating of 28.1, with 6 TDs and 30 ints. Granted the overall team was much worse then, BUT as soon as Bob Griese took over with much the same supporting cast, the passing game took on the semblence of at least decent quality.

Back
Top Bottom