will houston draft reggie bush? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will houston draft reggie bush?

Pennington's Rocket Arm

Sucking for Luck Since 2004
Reaction score
adam schechter is reporting that there is a LOT of things coming from texans' camp that suggests they're not as interested in reggie bush as once believed. they're going to start contract discussions with mario williams, and still haven't started with bush. other news: the raiders are bringing in matt leinart for a workout, and the browns and vikings are looking at vince young.

i think they will, BUT i really do not tthiink that they need him, they have dominack davis who has potential and talent, they would be smart to trade down or pick up another need

No prolly not the hype has died down on Bush so there's no really deffinite #1 pick

could be smokescreens. if they did end up drafting williams would make for even more interesting draft day.

Im starting to get the sense that theres going to be a lot of trades in this years draft. Too many teams picking high that dont have a clear favorite and too much talent at the top of this draft for teams not to bite on. I just hope we are fortunate enough to find someone to trade down with.

Don't forget the games that are always played by organizations come this time in April. You're kidding yourself if you think that Houston is thinking about anyone but Bush. Now, is Houston willing to entertain trade options? Ofcourse. The texans are looking for a team willing to give up the better part of their draft and then some to move up to # 1, but no one will bite.

Can you imagine if Bush was not selected by Houston at #1, that would make it very probable for the Jets to land him considering New Orleans has a clear cut franchise back in Deuce McCallister. This would be a nightmare for all dolfans.

UF Fin Kat said:
adam schechter is reporting that there is a LOT of things coming from texans' camp that suggests they're not as interested in reggie bush as once believed. they're going to start contract discussions with mario williams, and still haven't started with bush. other news: the raiders are bringing in matt leinart for a workout, and the browns and vikings are looking at vince young.

No Sh** Hes their FRanchise:wink:

CubanCulebra said:
You're kidding yourself if you think that Houston is thinking about anyone but Bush.

Who's kidding who? You have to be foolish to think they are solely thinking about Bush.

Motion said:
Who's kidding who? You have to be foolish to think they are solely thinking about Bush.
I think they are looking at other options, but I would bet on them taking Bush. Especially if they stay at 1. Now I think they realize they are a lot more than one player away from being a contender. SO IF some team comes and offers a LOT of picks to move up to that 1 spot, then they MAY do it.

I for one do not believe anyone is going to offer enough to make Houston not draft Bush.

For the next two weeks until the draft, don't believe much of anything you hear about who teams are interested in and who they are not. This time of the year (right before the draft) ALL teams (GM's) bluff/lie.

UF Fin Kat said:
i wonder if boomer has heard anything...

Adam Schefter is, as usual, talking out of his back pipe. This is the guy who said last year that we absolutely wouldn't take a running back. He's fallen squarely into the trap marked "You are a fool to believe anything in the last 2 weeks before the draft".

The only way they do anything is if they get a blockbuster offer. Houston are merely getting Bush to start discussing money, by using Super Mario as a tool.

If you guys think Houston isn't going to take Bush, then the smokescreen is working. The only way Houston doesn't take Bush, is if one of the teams that are drafting in the top 5, give up their ENTIRE draft for the #1 spot.

For those of you who say Houston already has a running back, you are correct, but so did USC. With Domanick Davis and Vernand Morency, it will allow the Texans to use Bush exactly like he was used at USC. Which will allow him to quickly become a superstar.

He will get 10 - 15 carries a game, line up at wide receiver, and return punts.
Jerome Mathis will still return kickoffs, but he does not have the quickness needed to return punts.

Back
Top Bottom