Will The Dolphins be Buyers at the Trade Deadline? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The Dolphins be Buyers at the Trade Deadline?

Read an article today about some trade speculations. Said we could have interest in Jewett, LB from the Broncos. Thought maybe we could get him for a 5th round pick. He played for Fangio and is a FA after this season. Don't know much about him, but I'd like to see some help in the defense that won't break the bank.
Good call. Josey Jewell (?sp). If we make a trade, I want: 1. No high draft picks, and 2. Fits in immediately, knows much of the playbook. Josey Jewell? Ding. Ding.

Our QB is 25. Our coach is 40. Our GM is 53.

Of course you don't go all-in on a single season. That's just crazy, "I want in NOW, Daddy" talk.

This team is designed for a decade of excellence.

Don't blow that for a sugar rush.

Don't call me Daddy unless you're going to put out. And I respect you to much as a pillar of FH (especially about salary cap situations and 100% believe you would have walked away from your Fin fandom if they had acquired Watson), to manipulate you into dropping your drawers. :SPNK:

I'd take what the Rams have gone through for a title but would prefer the Chiefs approach. Either is acceptable as long as the Fins win another SuperBowl SOON.

I would keep an eye on Minnie. With Jefferson out they could be looking for some receiver help (Ced).

Our window is now. We are already strapped for cash heading into next year. Next year is not promised. We are going all in. I say we play the cards we are dealt and see where they take us. A fifth round pick isnt going to break us or make us.

Our window is now. We are already strapped for cash heading into next year. Next year is not promised. We are going all in. I say we play the cards we are dealt and see where they take us. A fifth round pick isnt going to break us or make us.
Agree. If the Defense can get even 20 percent better than they have been performing, we will be tough to beat. Imagine our D handing the ball back to our offense an extra 3-4 times a game.

Yeah makes sense. The way I see it trading for Hill (in particular) and others showed me their intent. Hill has a few more years left in him and this year he is on fire. Stoke this fire now before we go looking for another Hill.

We had years and years of ruling the AFC east with nothing to show for it.

I get it, mortgage the farm and all that for a chance is bad long term business..see the Rams.

Assuming Tua, Phillips, Holland, Achane, Ramsey and others remain and stay healthy, I am reasonably confident Grier and Coach and plug can play enough supporting pieces on a regular basis to keep us in the mix.

Believe it or not, I think our management have some clue what they are doing lol
I Believe it! - LOL

For what it’s worth (which is very little), I have been itching for Lavonte David for a while. He helps in areas Miami needs, and he always seems to step up in big moments.

Root for the Falcons this week. Tampa then plays Buffalo so there is a shot if they lose both games they might be willing to make a deal.

Saints Demario Davis is in a similar boat.

I like Kyzir White, but I have a question.

Why has he been on three teams in three years?

Was drafted as a safety in 2018, switched to LB. Had to work on his weight , plus learning a new position. Covid-19 restrictions didn't help anything.
Last year the Eagles just couldn't afford to keep him. They ended up signing Zach Cunningham and Nicholas Morrow for a little over $1 million each.

He's not perfect, but he is a good player and IMO is underrated. With our cap space I don't think we could find a better ILB for that price. He would bring much needed energy and leadership to the middle of our defense and would improve our pass coverage in that LB room.

Really good thread!

My 2c on some of the names / ideas:

- Gronk: no thanks
- B Burns: would take a first rounder and more. We’re not doing that with what we’ve got committed to Chubb and Phillips
- ILB: definitely need some help. Don’t see this front office spending big money or draft capital … but would love another option
- DL: as above
- WR: with River and EZ out I’m not keen on trying to move Wilson

So much riding on this Eagles game. If the team can show Buffalo was a blip then I think we all feel a lot more relaxed about the current roster

Back
Top Bottom