Will We Tag Wilkins? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will We Tag Wilkins?

Jersey has better Dolphins fans than Florida, fact.

Think you're saying something, bud? Saskatchewan has better fans than Florida (don't know that for a fact but Saskatchewan is fun to say).

Also, guy, I just helped my buddy on Tuesday tow a container shipping vessel through the Miami river from Biscayne bay. There was not a cloud in the sky. Breeze was magnificent. We saw manatees & dolphins. Gorgeous women spread eagle on million dollar yachts sunbathing topless.

My point? I... we (most of Florida & especially Miami)... live in straight up paradise. And? Well, you HAVE to be one of the unhealthiest sons of b;tches alive to dedicate such time & passion to a franchise that continually kicks you in the nuts bypassing this heaven on earth for torture on Sundays.

Do you blame Floridians ESPECIALLY Miamians to have something better to do with their time & money or when they do decide to come on here need to crap on everything from TD the mascot to Grier in order to make it through the day?

Exactly. It's way overblown.

If Jackson/ Allen and Mahomes don't have top defenses, Bills don't make the playoffs and the Ravens and Chiefs probably don't win their division.

If not for a record breaking day by Butker and the defense Mahomes is not wrongly receiving SB MVP.
It's not overblown. Just the opposite. You guys are hyper focusing on this year's playoffs and Super Bowl. What about the prior year? That Super Bowl was 38-35. Was Chris Jones supposed to win that one?

It drives me nuts when recency devours all and big picture perspective is out the window. The Chiefs were all but dismissed around here late in the season. Now suddenly it's no kidding they won, look at that defense and pass blocking.

The elite quarterback allows enormous margin for error. They can win regardless of how the game evolves or the season evolves. Otherwise you're stuck with one season after another with logical ebb and flow among certain segments of the team.

One reason drafting for need is so stupid is that it totally ignores bounce realities. That downtrodden area is going to improve anyway, even if you do nothing or next to nothing. NFL talent parity dictates as much. And your strong area is going to regress.

Find the best players, and ones who have always been great not 3 star late blooming sucker regulating stiffs.

It's not overblown. Just the opposite. You guys are hyper focusing on this year's playoffs and Super Bowl. What about the prior year? That Super Bowl was 38-35. Was Chris Jones supposed to win that one?

It drives me nuts when recency devours all and big picture perspective is out the window. The Chiefs were all but dismissed around here late in the season. Now suddenly it's no kidding they won, look at that defense and pass blocking.

The elite quarterback allows enormous margin for error. They can win regardless of how the game evolves or the season evolves. Otherwise you're stuck with one season after another with logical ebb and flow among certain segments of the team.

One reason drafting for need is so stupid is that it totally ignores bounce realities. That downtrodden area is going to improve anyway, even if you do nothing or next to nothing. NFL talent parity dictates as much. And your strong area is going to regress.

Find the best players, and ones who have always been great not 3 star late blooming sucker regulating stiffs.

Well, we're talking about this year aren't we?

There's a reason this year was focused on also when you look at the overall conversation.

Sure, I get your point is respect to the post you quoted
But not to the longer conversation that's been had. Been going in in multiple threads also

It's also not no kidding they won, look at the blocking and defense.
Atleast it's not for me.

It's the fact that Mahomes did not carry that team this year like perhaps other years. He did not carry that team to a SB victory.

It'd suddenly a new narrative regarding Tua. That is the bigger conversation. But people want to focus solely on this year.

So yes,previous years do not matter and this year only does to stay consistent with the newest narrative

Think you're saying something, bud? Saskatchewan has better fans than Florida (don't know that for a fact but Saskatchewan is fun to say).

Also, guy, I just helped my buddy on Tuesday tow a container shipping vessel through the Miami river from Biscayne bay. There was not a cloud in the sky. Breeze was magnificent. We saw manatees & dolphins. Gorgeous women spread eagle on million dollar yachts sunbathing topless.

My point? I... we (most of Florida & especially Miami)... live in straight up paradise. And? Well, you HAVE to be one of the unhealthiest sons of b;tches alive to dedicate such time & passion to a franchise that continually kicks you in the nuts bypassing this heaven on earth for torture on Sundays.

Do you blame Floridians ESPECIALLY Miamians to have something better to do with their time & money or when they do decide to come on here need to crap on everything from TD the mascot to Grier in order to make it through the day?
It was kinda cold for spread eagle bikini babes on Tuesday.......

Just saying.......

I choose to enjoy the game man, not wallow in my self pity. Spread eagle paradise?!? Post on IG! 🤣

And thanks for clearly proving my point.

The Miami Dolphins have built around him over the past two seasons and surrounded him with the best talent. What left tackle is better than Armstead? Is there a better guard out there than Robert Hunt? What are your chances of finding a better center than Connor Williams? Austin Jackson won't be going anywhere? I guess this leaves Eichenburg? Tua has solid running backs and a top receiving core. What more do you want us to give Tua??? Everything can't be perfect. There is a reason why he was throwing to wide-open receivers at Alabama.

All you're doing is reinforcing that he needs everything to be perfect for him to be successful. Regardless of the data, I don't understand all this digging into Mahomes, Jackson, or Allen's performance to discredit whether or not they carry their teams. Players need to be evaluated on what is within their control and not on what they have no control over. When it comes down to Tua, it is not the fact that we lose games that matters; the issue is his poor performance, which contributed to the loss at the most crucial moment. In my opinion, the last time I can recall him playing well against a solid team was last year when he played against Buffalo on the road against a tough team. He played well and one of the rare times the team let Tua down.

Weren't all those quality OL hurt at the end of the year, except the worst one, Austin Jackson, who got steam rolled by the Titans?

You also left out the part where our TEs suck ass and the WRs were also hurt down the stretch, as well as being plagued with drops.

It’s not hard to stop Hill and Waddle from making big plays when your OL can’t give you 2.5 seconds, which all Tua needed early in the year. That’s why you saw so many bubble screens on third and short, nothing else would’ve stood a chance of working.

Josh Allen had the same starting OL all season as well as a pair of quality TEs (one of which likely would’ve been a Dolphin if not for an idiot owner).

WRs don’t win championships.

It was kinda cold for spread eagle bikini babes on Tuesday.......

Just saying.......

Wasn't cold at all early on. The sun was out at full force. There was a nice breeze. It did get much colder later on but only due to the wind factor on the water.

Weren't all those quality OL hurt at the end of the year, except the worst one, Austin Jackson, who got steam rolled by the Titans?

You also left out the part where our TEs suck ass and the WRs were also hurt down the stretch, as well as being plagued with drops.

It’s not hard to stop Hill and Waddle from making big plays when your OL can’t give you 2.5 seconds, which all Tua needed early in the year. That’s why you saw so many bubble screens on third and short, nothing else would’ve stood a chance of working.

Josh Allen had the same starting OL all season as well as a pair of quality TEs (one of which likely would’ve been a Dolphin if not for an idiot owner).

WRs don’t win championships.
When people were mad at Grier for not addressing the Offensive Line at the beginning of the season, he seemed unconcerned. The reason for this was due to the fact that this offense is specifically designed to take advantage of Tua's strength, which is his quick release, which makes the offense ideal for Tua. In fact, it is the reason why we have the fastest players on our team. Holding the ball is not one of Tua's strongest qualities.

In the offense, the rhythm and timing of the quarterback are crucial. Getting others involved at tight end is up to Tua, as you all want him have everything. He had 2 1000 yard receivers and one 1000 yard RB, but Achane got hurt so it could have easily been 2. What more do you want him to have? We have had 4 seasons of Tua and his last 2 seasons he has played well by getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

When people were mad at Grier for not addressing the Offensive Line at the beginning of the season, he seemed unconcerned. The reason for this was due to the fact that this offense is specifically designed to take advantage of Tua's strength, which is his quick release, which makes the offense ideal for Tua. In fact, it is the reason why we have the fastest players on our team. Holding the ball is not one of Tua's strongest qualities.

In the offense, the rhythm and timing of the quarterback are crucial. Getting others involved at tight end is up to Tua, as you all want him have everything. He had 2 1000 yard receivers and one 1000 yard RB, but Achane got hurt so it could have easily been 2. What more do you want him to have? We have had 4 seasons of Tua and his last 2 seasons he has played well by getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

Again, what would you have expected with 4 out of 5 OL hurt by the end of the year?

The WRs just aren’t that important as compared to the protection and even they were banged up.

I’m not the least bit surprised they couldn’t do squat down the stretch. Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have made some better decisions but at the end of the day he was going to have to play out of his mind to beat Baltimore or KC. It just wasn’t going to be possible with the scrubs who finished the year.

Christian actually got 9.5 sacks last season. I listened to Sirius NFL radio, they thought that it was a pretty good performance that his showed improvement.
Yep, and few were early season. Had he been in shape at start of season I think he would have easily been in the 15-17 range. I hope we can afford to keep him. But financials always rule the game. We'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom