Will You Forgive 62-7 If.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will You Forgive 62-7 If....

This is funny, hell no will I forgive the Jagwads for that game and all the smug fans. My 3 sons have just become NEW Jag fans this year. And they were fans of other teams last year, apparently when the jags win (We live in Jax) they are now hardcore fans.
So when one of my sons talked about the Jags "Spanking" the Fins, I broke it off in him. Have the jags won a SB? Or 2 in a row? Do the jags have a hall of fame passer? HC with the most wins? And finally did the jags have a perfect season ever?
It then became clear to the family not to bring that jags crap in my house.
I want EVERYONE to beat the pats, not just one team.

I honestly don't remember this. Then again I don't live in Florida so maybe I didn't see the game?

Divisional playoff after the 1999 season. We'd just beaten Seattle in a crazy comeback by Marino, then ran into a buzzsaw (to put it lightly) in Jacksonville the next week. It was horrid. A total bloodbath.

That season sucked. Marino got hurt before the first NE game, Damon Huard leads us to a 7-2 record, Marino comes back, lays a complete egg against Dallas on Thanksgiving, and I think we went 2-5 the rest of the way and snuck into the playoffs. We won at the Kingdome (last game there IIRC), and then Jacksonville took us behind the woodshed.

Marino retires after the game, Wannstedt takes over. The descent into mediocrity and the abyss begins....of course, we'd been pretty mediocre under Johnson too, so I guess it was more of the same until 2004, when the wheels really came off.

I never actually watched that 62-7 game. I just remember getting home rushing to the tv and and as soon as I turned to CBS they had the final score up showing 62-7 FINAL. Iol I couldn’t believe it. I kept checking to make sure that score was correct. Man what a bad day that was.

Back
Top Bottom