Willis McGahee | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis McGahee

Hurricane495

2001 Rookie of the Year
Reaction score
I laugh that everyone talks about signing willis with travis henry and gary on board.

No granted henry rushed dor over 1000 yards and he is good but He fumbles alot and the bills only signed him to a ONE YEAR deal meaning they probably wont want him back next year as for olandis 2 season ending injuries the last 2 years

Dolphins rule baby this year is ours

Originally posted by zonk39
Henry was singed to a one year extension. I think his contract runs out in 2006.

:lol: I guess that killed H495's smack. :lol:

:foundout: <---- Hurricane495

I think, as Peter King very interestingly stated in his Monday Morning QB Column this week, that life will be very uncomfortable for Henry who has done NOTHING but be an excellent TB, a good citizen and a solid member of the Buffalo Bills. He also said that he fully believed that Henry would be traded after rushing for more than 1500 yards this year for a top 10 pick in next years draft which at this stage looks about as loaded as any draft I can think of in memory. Whilst it's hard to say that that will happen, the Bills didn't draft McGahee to ride the pine the rest of his life - kid is going to play and Travis will be dealt. So when the Bills have two picks in the top 10 next year - one for Henryand one for playing so bad, ( :) sorry Bill friends ) we might not be smiling.

The job is Henry's to lose. If anything, Henry should play better from all of this to secure his spot. No one is even sure if WM will ever be the same again.

Peter King also said Henry didn't lose any of the fumbles he had last year. Yeah right.

Thing is JAF, Tom Modrak and Tom Donahue MUST think he'll be the same again or they would never have taken the risk. The Bills are a good team, getting better and better. But they were not in the position to draft Willis McGahee in R1 unless they were CERTAIN that he was going to get back to 100%. You can't afford luxury picks in this day and age. And that was a reputation risking pick. And with the cap hit for trading Henry just $440,000, you'd be NUTS not to cash in.

Henry has two years left on his contract after he signed the one year extension, something he said he wouldn't have done if he knew the Bills were going for McGahee.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Henry has two years left on his contract after he signed the one year extension, something he said he wouldn't have done if he knew the Bills were going for McGahee.

Yep he feels the Bills backstabbed him by offering him the extension and then drafting aRB in the first round, the way it looks to TH and the rest of the NFL is that they got Travis to sign the extension to make him more marketable to trade.

It is going to be much easier to trade a RB with 2 years left then a RB entering his final year.

Yep. The Bills gave Henry the Bids-ness. But, like the saying goes "Hurry up and wake up. Were about to execute you." OK. Thats not a real saying but, they dirtied TH.

Originally posted by Hurricane495
I laugh that everyone talks about signing willis with travis henry and gary on board.

No granted henry rushed dor over 1000 yards and he is good but He fumbles alot and the bills only signed him to a ONE YEAR deal meaning they probably wont want him back next year as for olandis 2 season ending injuries the last 2 years

Dolphins rule baby this year is ours

jesus.. this thread is packed with bad info and misinformation.. do your homework people.. Hurricane, that is seriously one of the worst posts i have ever seen.. why dont you just scream "O'Doyle RULES!" and dump billy madisons lunch on his head.

henry signed a one year extention.. he is signed through the end of the 2005 season.. that equals 3 years, Hurricane495.. just so you know.

gary did not have a season ending injury last year. and he is on a 2 year incentive laden deal.

our rb situation for this year doesnt change.. henry starts, gary backs up. WM gets healthy.

henry will fight for his job. if henry plays at the level of RW, do you think he is gone? nope. he is signed for 3 more years.. his salary this year is about 300k, next year is about 700k, and the last year is 1.5. very cheap for a premier back, if that is what he turns out to be... which it looks like so far, if you stack his first 2 years to RWs.

and boomer.. we addressed defense in the 2nd round, with kelsay.. who do you think was there at 23 in the first that should have been picked?

oh.. forgot to add... if henry is actually traded, then that is great great news, because that means an incredible guy like McGahee was able to recover from his injury.

and henry would be easy as hell to trade with the salary he is making.

Don't totally rule out Trading McGahee if TH puts up sick numbers as well.

McG , if prooven healthy, could also demand some sick picks. Any teams stupid enpough to trade 2 #1's for a RB....AGAIN?

I can't help but think that if the Dolphins went after Portis last season and used all those picks to fill holes, they would be in much better shape. And I'm sure RW is a lot closer to one of those "Melt downs" than Portis is.

Yeah, Ricky was a top back in the league- but in the end- he consumed way to many resources (Cap and lost picks) and the net result was a decline in the overall record of the team.

TD made lemonade out of a draft full of lemons.

Moore....:lol:

Bills fans, perhaps none of the ones who frequent this forum, were quick to point out the # of times Ricky fumbled in New Orleans...

And they were equally quick to gloss over Henry's 11 fumbles, 8 of which he lost...

Henry fumbled almost twice as many times as Ricky, with less carries, and lost 8 of 11...

But he still has a right to be upset when the teams drafted McGahee... Maybe they're hoping to convert McGahee to either DE or LB since the ones they have will be getting mostly looks at the back of Ricky's jersey, at least McGahee could read the small print on Ricky's collar...

Back
Top Bottom