Willis McGahee | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis McGahee

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Don't totally rule out Trading McGahee if TH puts up sick numbers as well.

McG , if prooven healthy, could also demand some sick picks. Any teams stupid enpough to trade 2 #1's for a RB....AGAIN?

I can't help but think that if the Dolphins went after Portis last season and used all those picks to fill holes, they would be in much better shape. And I'm sure RW is a lot closer to one of those "Melt downs" than Portis is.

Yeah, Ricky was a top back in the league- but in the end- he consumed way to many resources (Cap and lost picks) and the net result was a decline in the overall record of the team.

TD made lemonade out of a draft full of lemons. Moore....:lol:

LMAO, you're joking, right???

The Bills use a 1st round pick for a guy in hopes of trading him for a 1st round pick... Obviously, you haven't a clue what Ricky's cap # was... If you wouldn't trade 2 #1 picks, both of which were past the middle of the round, for the league's leading rusher when your running game was horrible, you're nuts...

Originally posted by justafan
The job is Henry's to lose. If anything, Henry should play better from all of this to secure his spot. No one is even sure if WM will ever be the same again.

Peter King also said Henry didn't lose any of the fumbles he had last year. Yeah right.

who is to say that willis mcgahee wont fumble? rb in the nfl is quite different than playing rutgers and syracuse.

Originally posted by T-ROCK

If you wouldn't trade 2 #1 picks, both of which were past the middle of the round, for the league's leading rusher when your running game was horrible, you're nuts...

he didnt say that.. he said that ricky, while leading the nfl in yards, also cost you much more money because he did so well, and cost you 2 first rounders instead of 1, just to watch your team record get WORSE than it was before he was there.. and to watch the fins MISS THE PLAYOFFS even with the #3 defense and the leagues leading rusher.

but it doesnt surprise me that you wouldnt want to see that for what it was.. it probably still stings.. all those years that people said you were a RB away.. they were obviously off.. you were a RB, QB, and WRs away.

I'm Glad someone on this board can read, Tatonka!

Originally posted by Tatonka

he didnt say that.. he said that ricky, while leading the nfl in yards, also cost you much more money because he did so well, and cost you 2 first rounders instead of 1, just to watch your team record get WORSE than it was before he was there.. and to watch the fins MISS THE PLAYOFFS even with the #3 defense and the leagues leading rusher.

but it doesnt surprise me that you wouldnt want to see that for what it was.. it probably still stings.. all those years that people said you were a RB away.. they were obviously off.. you were a RB, QB, and WRs away.

it doesnt surprise me that you ignore that ray lucas played 6 games for us. two against the Bills.

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Willis I believe fumbled twice in 282 carries if I am not mistaken.

playing rutgers and syracuse and Temple and Boston College and ...........shall i go on? i didnt say he fumbles. i said it is much different in the NFL. guys who had two major knee surgeries ussually dont last as long. lets step into reality please.

Originally posted by finfan54

playing rutgers and syracuse and Temple and Boston College and ...........shall i go on? i didnt say he fumbles. i said it is much different in the NFL. guys who had two major knee surgeries ussually dont last as long. lets step into reality please.

Actually, Willis McGahee was one of the best RB prospects coming out in recent years and still is, and in fact is regarded as a better pro prospect as Ricky Williams was when he was coming out of Texas. Willis McGahee will be given all the time he needs to return from the injury and will be 100% and no less when he returns to the field for us. And as a matter of fact, Willis stepped it up against top competition. Here are his game logs:

Florida A&M: 6-60-1
@Florida: 24-204-0
@Temple: 21-134-4
Boston College: 17-135-2
UConn: 11-107-3
Florida State: 26-95-1
@West Virginia: 32-112-3
@Rutgers: 23-187-2
@Tennessee: 30-154-1
Pittsburgh: 19-159-2
@Syracuse: 14-134-2
Virginia Tech: 39-205-6

Fiesta Bowl
Ohio State: 20-67-1

It looks to me like the Florida, Boston College, Florida State, West Virginia, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Va Tech games which coincidentally were tough games on the schedule were when he had huge games. Especially Va Tech. The only reality is how good Willis McGahee will be once he heals from the injury and the sky is the limit for Willis.

Notice the games that he got the rock 25+ times were against the big boys on the schedule. He's a prime time player.

"Henry has two years left on his contract after he signed the one year extension, something he said he wouldn't have done if he knew the Bills were going for McGahee."

This is wrong.

He signed a 4 year rookie contract. He has played 2 years of it. Then they extended it a year. He has 3 years left. He's got a contract for 2003, 2004 AND 2005.

Let's say McGahee comes back. Let's say Henry has another great year and makes the Pro Bowl (and this time they'll hand him the ball more and the offense was bulit with run blockers at TE and FB this year). How attractive is a two time pro bowler with 2 cheap years on his contract?

Will McGahee become a fumbler too? Who knows.

But I know this:

When he took that helmet to his leg and blew it out...

he held on to the ball.

Originally posted by dolphan
Will McGahee become a fumbler too? Who knows.

But I know this:

When he took that helmet to his leg and blew it out...

he held on to the ball.

so be it. we shall see. but does anyone see edgerrin james being the same rb he was? i dont. Take any great RB in history, did they have an injury like this? name me one. and ill shut my mouth. The average life of a football player in the NFL is 4.5 years. How long do you really think that WM will last? i admire the courage, the pure heart, the sweat and tears of willis mcgahee, but his life in the NFL has been cut short. If he goes 10 years in the NFL, i will say that he is the toughest MotherF...... there ever was! But that aint gonna happen. the speed, the hits, the brutal task of the long NFL season will eventually take its toll on Willis Mcgahee. The odds are way too big for him to be like OJ Simpson or anyone else that bills fans have pulled out of the air about WM to last. It has never been done. i hate to be so skeptical. but i am surely not the only one.
OJ Simpson
Emmitt Smith
Jim Brown
Eric Dickerson
Walter Peyton

None of them ever had injuries, certainly none like willis mcgahee.

Robert Edwards could of been a good-great back, but his football life was seriously cut short. If anybody here had a serious objective review of guys with this bad of an injury, will find that to last longer than 5 years as a decent back is hard to do, let alone 10 great years as a great RB. that is my point. and to make him all world before he has even done anything in the NFL is sticking your neck way way out there. go ahead and trade travis henry. i will be laughing at Tom donohoe for years and years. The great GM who thought he could!:lol:

Originally posted by BillsMan80

Actually, Willis McGahee was one of the best RB prospects coming out in recent years and still is, and in fact is regarded as a better pro prospect as Ricky Williams was when he was coming out of Texas. Willis McGahee will be given all the time he needs to return from the injury and will be 100% and no less when he returns to the field for us.

Who ever told you that McGahee was a better prospect coming out than RW was is mistaken. McGahee had one great year, breaking UM season rushing records and perhaps leading the team to the Fiesta bowl, but he did not win the Heisman, was not a four year starter, and did not break the NCAA rushing mark as RW did. Yes, RW went #6 in the draft to New Orleans and McGahee was slated to go at he very least in the top 3 but this was a much worse class in terms of running backs and all around talent level.

Secondly, all this crap about him coming back to be 100% is pure speculation. For all you know, the guy could back for his first full practice in pads and blow his knee again (for the third time, cuz he tore ligaments during his senior season of HS; two blown knees in a span of four years! Ouch!). It was a risky move considering the major surgery and how it could affect Henry's play. It could work out in Buffalo's favor but chances are it won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom